Sponsored

Rumor: 500bhp GT in 18 months?

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The trap speed says otherwise. If the driver can get a decent 60ft on stock summers, its very doable. Most people are just not great at drag racing.

red one is stock, blue one is tune only.
True but we have no idea if those are truly stock cars and one has a tune. When I look at 0-60 times and 1/4 mile on stock cars I look up car and driver and motortrend. They have pros running 1/4s several times in these cars. Youtube videos and forum posts prove nothing because people lie. My car will run low 12s with a tune but that's beside the point its no longer a stock car at that point.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
True but we have no idea if those are truly stock cars and one has a tune. When I look at 0-60 times and 1/4 mile on stock cars I look up car and driver and motortrend. They have pros running 1/4s several times in these cars. Youtube videos and forum posts prove nothing because people lie. My car will run low 12s with a tune but that's beside the point its no longer a stock car at that point.
first mistake is looking at magazine times. They usually get at least half a second slower then owners will get. Go to the vette boards. I know they were stock. I saw 4 at my track all same night. Even spoke to two of the owners. Its doable. I haven't been drag racing 25+ years for nothing. :D Like I said, most people drag race like shit. Is what it is.

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
first mistake is looking at magazine times. They usually get at least half a second slower then owners will get. Go to the vette boards. I know they were stock. I saw 4 at my track all same night. Even spoke to two of the owners. Its doable. I haven't been drag racing 25+ years for nothing. :D Like I said, most people drag race like shit. Is what it is.
I know magazine times aren't ideal and they don't always get a lot of practice with each car but most "guys at the track" LIE. You know how many times I have heard someone claim he ran a 12.7 in his stock ws6, or any STI/evo owner under the sun swears they run mid 12s with just a tune...I can put up a youtube video saying my nitrous mach 1 is stock too...

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I know magazine times aren't ideal and they don't always get a lot of practice with each car but most "guys at the track" LIE. You know how many times I have heard someone claim he ran a 12.7 in his stock ws6, or any STI/evo owner under the sun swears they run mid 12s with just a tune...I can put up a youtube video saying my nitrous mach 1 is stock too...
I get people lie. Ive seen it too. But 11s is very doable for the base vette. The trap speed tells that.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
The article does mention 3.7 v6 is optional, it could vbe TT 3.7 V6 that would get HP easy

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to see the V6 TT engine in a Mustang later down the road. That would be dope.
Sponsored