OP
OP
Batman1

Batman1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
You're right...I thought they would be pretty close. Saw an RS2 on Autotrader for around 35k. Didn't seem to have anything wrong with it.
Sponsored

grandsammy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Roushhhh all the way.. you won't regret it.... I'm on my second Roush and can't be more happy... All the complements from the people make you feel great also the graspy sound and style....

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
OR you can

#buildyourselfaRoush and save a lot of money like me and my effectively what is an rs2 but with corsa and an actual functional cowl hood. I also have no stick ons but that's all if it's your thing or not. for me personally, no.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I really likes the looks of the C/S. They're pretty unique and rare.
yea same here, never even looked at a rs2, I would be surprised if they are the same price used? as people are right the CS is just cosmetic improvements, where the rs2 is engine improvements

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The CS has a badass interior. That Alcantara is really a nice material. Better than any other interiors including an upgraded Roush one. Roush cars seem way overpriced. You could throw a Sup exchanger and an upgraded suspension on a GT for substantially less money.

Sponsored

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
The CS has a badass interior. That Alcantara is really a nice material. Better than any other interiors including an upgraded Roush one. Roush cars seem way overpriced. You could throw a Sup exchanger and an upgraded suspension on a GT for substantially less money.
Totally forgot about the different interior :headbonk:, that is also one of my favorite things!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I think the OP assumed they would cost about the same...just sayin' not apples to apples.
This exactly.

The two are not even close in comparsion. You want a car with more performance, or do you want a slightly more unique car with better ride quality and aesthetics?

OP
OP
Batman1

Batman1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Looking for more of the latter Jay. I think a CS is in my future. Now to decide on magnetic or oxford white.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Well I'm kinda biased to magnetic C/S;)

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Looking for more of the latter Jay. I think a CS is in my future. Now to decide on magnetic or oxford white.
Oxford White FTW. :cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
If I was in your situation, I'd go RS2. Overall, the upgrades on it are cooler than what's on the CS, IMO. If it has the optional quad exhaust, then it's a no brainer.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What is the RS2 everyone is talking about here? I know there is a 6 cylinder version Roush for close to 35k (RS model I think), but what is the Roush 2 V8 model that's close to 35k?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
What is the RS2 everyone is talking about here? I know there is a 6 cylinder version Roush for close to 35k (RS model I think), but what is the Roush 2 V8 model that's close to 35k?
a used rs2.

rotisserie_gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush Stage 3
Just a note about the RS2: for 17 they come standard with the coil over suspension, but the exhaust is optional. The core stage package components change a bit each MY, so I would ask to see the Roush sticker/build sheet for the car you are looking at to see what options it actually has. Also, the PP package is not a given on the base build (it's not on a stage 3 either). None of this is meant as a deterrent - just be sure of what you are getting!

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Just a note about the RS2: for 17 they come standard with the coil over suspension, but the exhaust is optional. The core stage package components change a bit each MY, so I would ask to see the Roush sticker/build sheet for the car you are looking at to see what options it actually has. Also, the PP package is not a given on the base build (it's not on a stage 3 either). None of this is meant as a deterrent - just be sure of what you are getting!
Listen to him ^

Since it is used, if the dealership isn't very familiar with the model they may incorrectly tell you what is actually included in the package
Sponsored