Rock causes damage to CF wheel

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I wouldnt worry about more scratches. I think it was an odd ball. Try not do drive on roads with large rocks. I have almost 2,000 miles on mine and I have no scratches anywhere. Maybe a couple micro ones from my microfiber and a piece of dust on it.
I think the carbons came down in price, havent they? Maybe 2500/wheel. Thats not too bad. Shoot, a good set of forgelines will cost around 6500?
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I wouldnt worry about more scratches. I think it was an odd ball. Try not do drive on roads with large rocks. I have almost 2,000 miles on mine and I have no scratches anywhere. Maybe a couple micro ones from my microfiber and a piece of dust on it.
2k thats it!!! I bought mine with 2k and almost have 5k and a rarely drive it lolololo

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hey man, Its been Florida humidity here for the last month. It finally broke and I put some miles on it yesterday. Probably go for a drive today too.
Been extremely busy this year with work too. I'll put another 1,000 on it anyway before the cold hits.

OP
OP
Tflong24

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I only started having this rock issue when we moved into an Apartment after our home sold quicker than we thought. The parking lot is older blacktop, so there is only the very small rocks that accumulate in lower areas and on the sides. I try to avoid them but these Cups are like vacuums over them. So I think these rocks are just the right size to cause the issue.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
But the 6GR wheels have worse clearance.
Yes, they have horrible clearance... I can't even squeeze a cloth to wash the rim inside under the caliper. However, I tracked them with no ill effects so far... No visible damage inside the wheel or caliper. Maybe tracks I go to are clean ?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Hey man, Its been Florida humidity here for the last month. It finally broke and I put some miles on it yesterday. Probably go for a drive today too.
Been extremely busy this year with work too. I'll put another 1,000 on it anyway before the cold hits.
Lol!!! Base car problems!!! I feel u...

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yes, they have horrible clearance... I can't even squeeze a cloth to wash the rim inside under the caliper. However, I tracked them with no ill effects so far... No visible damage inside the wheel or caliper. Maybe tracks I go to are clean ?
That could be it. Or you just have good karma
Sponsored