Roads that are fun to drive in SoFlo

Jonv828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Anyone know of highways or streets in south florida that have curves where we can have fun with our cars?
Sponsored

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Golden Glades Interchange comes to mind. A1A fort lauderdale may hove some curves. Pretty much on and exit ramps is your best bet. Try google maps and look for curvy roads around your area. Kindly post if you find any.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
NOWHERE. My suggestion, move or do what I do and go out at 7am on the weekends. My condolences if you daily drive a manual here. If I wanted to torture myself I might. One weekday afternoon on 441 was enough to prove that 4 me. Another great one is Hallandale Beach blvd to US-1, or O.P. Or commercial Blvd east to A1A. You might sell your car for a Civic after any of those experiences. And if you’re still not convinced, go down to where the merge Is on the turnpike towards Miami. You’ll be sitting there for good long while. Another lovely area just south, is Ives dairy road. This beauty will keep you in traffic from I 95 to Biscayne for at least a half hour just to go 2 miles probably 24 hours a day.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Golden Glades Interchange comes to mind. A1A fort lauderdale may hove some curves. Pretty much on and exit ramps is your best bet. Try google maps and look for curvy roads around your area. Kindly post if you find any.
Driving on A1A in FTL is like a funeral procession with lots of stopping. :giggle:
Back in the early eighties it was much better and you could park on the beach head in. Miss those days. Now it’s a a bunch of high rise condos with air conditioning, plumbing and electrical trucks stopping at every other block.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jonv828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Seriously. South Florida is a lot of traffic. Last month I was driving a rented mini van in northern Georgia and was wishing I had my Mustang with me LOL.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
there's not a curvy road in the entire state until you get at least an hour and half north of Tampa. But they aren't curves so much as somewhat relaxed 90 deg corners without an intersection.

No roads worthy of the name exist till you cross into neighboring states.
FL is where motorcyclists and curve chasers go to die. You might as well shoot yourself in the head now and spare yourself a tortuous and meaningless existence.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A1A north of Deerfield/Boca to WPB. However, you can’t have any fun on it. Mega cop presence. Best single part is at Boynton inlet if you’re heading north, right before the bridge. There’s a nice S-curve but again it’s like 25mph. In general, it’s probably the best drive in the area other than going to the keys. Very scenic, mostly residential multi million dollar houses with water on both sides. There’s some undeveloped beach areas too which is nice.

Also, there’s a perimeter road around FXE (Ft Lauderdale Executive airport) that is very fun if you can stomach the risk of airport security or BSO.

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you make it to Martin County (Stuart area), Check out SW Citrus Blvd that is located between Becker Rd (east of 95) and Martin County Hwy. It has a bunch of long winding curves and is a blast.

27.18831277155433, -80.35248141869874

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t shoot me, but a bit further up north I had great fun in my GMC Arcadia rental early morning / pre park hours on Disney’s property, particularly on some of the long sweepers / slip roads (whatever you call them over there) around the Boardwalk and Epcot resort areas :

1694549668341.jpeg

Really wide smooth roads with wide grassy borders.

I had an early morning meeting with the Officiant that married us (to trade English bread and chocolate for some Z26 pads :giggle:) and the roads were almost deserted - I instantly thought about how nice stretching the stangs legs would be in that area at that time of day.

I’m not sure how long you would get away with a screaming coyote in those kinds of areas though …

WD :like:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
on/off ramps, aka clover-leafs. Yeah in FL that is basically all there is that is a 'curve'.
95/595 junction in Fort Lauderdale is fun if you’re coming off 95 south going to the airport or taking 595 west. Definite roller coaster.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I too find the flats of florida a bit more boring that the hills of TN where I lived for years. I look forward to my road trips up north every once in a while.

But..here in Florida you can have some great legal fun. https://drivenasafl.com/driving/hpde/

I can tell you from years of tracking my motorcycle in years past, I've never had a more thrilling experience on the road than I had on any given track day. You can push as hard as you dare. Exhilarating!!! And....no traffic citations, hard immovable objects are set back, and everyone is going the same direction minimizing potentially negative outcomes.

Interestingly, after enjoying track days, I never felt the need for spirited rides on public roads. It was just a good "fix" that lasted until the next track day.
Sponsored