Road trip

Ichabod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Driving from Oklahoma City to Ohio this week to visit my father. Terribly long drive but to be honest, I'm looking forward to spending the time in my car!

Anybody take theirs on any long trips?
Sponsored

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Took mine last October to drive around on the Blue Ridge Parkway for a few days. Even though it rained every day I was out there and the car was bone stock at the time, I still enjoyed it. I'm going back again in September with a VERY different car this time around after what will be a full year of modding.

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Driving from Oklahoma City to Ohio this week to visit my father. Terribly long drive but to be honest, I'm looking forward to spending the time in my car!

Anybody take theirs on any long trips?
Front clear bra.. do it!

Expel, SunTek, 3M!

I have taken a 300 mile round trip and had a blast.

Sponsored

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I was just thinking about that. We have a roadtrip coming up and was thinking about taking our 2015 Genesis since it'd be more comfy for the wife. Still undecided...

bscn8c

Certified BADASS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Front clear bra.. do it!

Expel, SunTek, 3M!

I have taken a 300 mile round trip and had a blast.
I wish I would have done this! I've taken a few long trips between 4 and 8 hours (got another one this coming weekend). My front bumper looks pretty rough! On a positive note, I find it rides quite comfortably and pretty quiet (with FRPP Sport exhaust)...

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
I plan on taking my car on a 350+ mile trip to California pretty soon.

My only concern is, of course, getting tons of rock chips and/or bugs. I always wondered, has anyone tried something like clear plastidip to protect their car?

OP
OP

Ichabod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I should look into it. I am sure I will cringe seeing the front end after 1,000 miles...

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I should look into it. I am sure I will cringe seeing the front end after 1,000 miles...
Don't get this, took my S197 on two 3 thousand mile trips all over Europe, all weather, stony roads, and not a mark on the bumper, why should this be so different?

Sponsored

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Don't get this, took my S197 on two 3 thousand mile trips all over Europe, all weather, stony roads, and not a mark on the bumper, why should this be so different?
The paint on s550s appears to be a much different creature.

Worst comes to worst and you really care that much, just get some 3m masking tape and make your own front end bra.

attachment.jpg

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I took mine on an 1,800 mile round trip from Indiana, to Vermont, then NJ, then back to Indiana last year. No issues at all, it was a blast!! :D

Also saw zero need for a clear bra; didn't get a single chip in that entire trip, and on a black car, I'd notice! lol

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I took mine on an 1,800 mile round trip from Indiana, to Vermont, then NJ, then back to Indiana last year. No issues at all, it was a blast!! :D

Also saw zero need for a clear bra; didn't get a single chip in that entire trip, and on a black car, I'd notice! lol
You guys are lucky. Semis, dump trucks, and love bugs are a cars worst enemy down here. Also, sand because we like to drive along the beach.

My DD's front bumper is all about some road rash due to all the interstate driving and I refused to let that happen to this ride!

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
I have two round trips from mn to lehigh acres, fl...One in the middle of winter. 4 round trips mn to Indiana. Average mpg. 26.5. One of the best road cars I've had. Driving to Indiana again this week. Looking forward to it.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I plan on taking my car on a 350+ mile trip to California pretty soon.

My only concern is, of course, getting tons of rock chips and/or bugs. I always wondered, has anyone tried something like clear plastidip to protect their car?
Took My S197 GT from S/W Florida-Reading PA for the American Muscle show last August,I used Blue Painters Tape on the front of my Stang,works great, no bugs,or rock chips and it peels right off with no residue left behind,wind & rain were NO problem either,saw many Mustangs that came in with the tape.
Sponsored