redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Hey guys, wondering if anyone on here in the Richmond VA area recommend an auto detailer.

I have used Concours on West Broad St. a few times on my three previous vehicles because they were right across the street from where I work and they do good work but there was room for improvement the last 2 times I used them. Don't know if they changed guys in the shop or what. But I'm looking to try someone new.

I read great reviews on Carpool auto detailing but most of those were from your average Joe Customer with stained up minivans from kids. So if you get a ketchup stain out you're a wizard and detailing with magic in their eyes. I'm looking for some reviews for them from an actual enthusiast that looks for things the same way I do.

Any feedback is appreciated. And yes I know I can do it myself but I would prefer to maintain a professional job first with proper prep and sealing. I chose not to have the car prepped from the dealer. I can maintain from there as the car is not daily driven and garage kept.
Sponsored

OP
OP
redline727

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Well I called Carpool Detailing and spoke to Gina the managing partner and I must say I was very impressed with her knowledge and customer service in answering all my questions and what all my options were if I were to use her services. Though more expensive then the average going rate around here for a typical detail. Which is about $250. Just her explanation and tailoring what services work best for your needs if what is explained is actually done sounds like the price increase will be worth it. So I think I will be scheduling with her for next Saturday. Unless anyone has any other input about a place I don't know about...

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Dude I got you! I use Flawless Finish RVA check out Joels Instagram @RVADETAILER hes located on Midlothian by Sheehy Ford. I take my moms 228i here all the time and he has done a great job. Last time i went he was detailing a 2015 GT, super knowledgeable I would call him and chat with him been doing this a long time. He uses top quality products from Shine Supply, at home I use Adams and he knows them but thinks Shine Supply has a slight advantage. Pricing is similar to the Car Pool, I had a bad experience with my s2000 there, I found Joel and never looked again. I was also looking at Concours but this on the WestEnd and I stay off 60. The BMW is jet black, he does a great job keeping it swirl free! You will not be disappointed! Feel free to PM me and I can send some pictures if you want.

OP
OP
redline727

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Dude I got you! I use Flawless Finish RVA check out Joels Instagram @RVADETAILER hes located on Midlothian by Sheehy Ford. I take my moms 228i here all the time and he has done a great job. Last time i went he was detailing a 2015 GT, super knowledgeable I would call him and chat with him been doing this a long time. He uses top quality products from Shine Supply, at home I use Adams and he knows them but thinks Shine Supply has a slight advantage. Pricing is similar to the Car Pool, I had a bad experience with my s2000 there, I found Joel and never looked again. I was also looking at Concours but this on the WestEnd and I stay off 60. The BMW is jet black, he does a great job keeping it swirl free! You will not be disappointed! Feel free to PM me and I can send some pictures if you want.
Thanks! I think I used him before with my 370. Did he used to work out of a little garage in Mechanicsville a few back??? He must have moved and gotten better with advertising. He did ok on my 370 but if it's the same guy he was not very good with interiors at the time and didn't have much interest in them. I'm guessing things changed over the years. Yeah post up some pics! His instagram pics are impressive.

Last edited:

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Thanks! I think I used him before with my 370. Did he used to work out of a little garage in Mechanicsville a few back??? He must have moved and gotten better with advertising. He did ok on my 370 but if it's the same guy he was not very good with interiors at the time and didn't have much interest in them. I'm guessing things changed over the years. Yeah post up some pics! His instagram pics are impressive.
I think so man, I only have gone to him at this new location.
So far he has done the interior, no major hiccups or needed more detail here.
Yeah man his Instagram sold me that's how i found him, once i figure out how to attach the pictures ill do that.

Sponsored

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Here are a couple pictures from when I picked the car up finally figured this out! Taken from iPhone 6+, I couldnt figure out how to shrink them but as you see the car looks spotless this is after the wash and wax only not even full detail!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
redline727

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Nice! you service it where I work on Broad or our Midlo store? I sent him a text an email yesterday. No response...I'll wait and see for a reply.

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
It gets serviced on Midlo - Richmond BMW, might have to switch that to see that GT you have so eager for mine to get here. Sometimes he is a little slow, I called and left a message he got back the next day you should hear something today

OP
OP
redline727

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
It gets serviced on Midlo - Richmond BMW, might have to switch that to see that GT you have so eager for mine to get here. Sometimes he is a little slow, I called and left a message he got back the next day you should hear something today
Yeah it looks like he's bawls deep in that Ferrari by the looks of his instagram posts haha. I actually don't drive it to work much. But I live in Midlo too! So anytime you K of of anything going on around here hit me up. Maybe we can have a Boomba shifter install party haha. I see you ordered too. When does your car come in?

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Yeah man seemed like he was at a house call, I'll let you know If I hear something over on this side of town I have seen a couple meets over toward hull st. What sold me on the boomba was the ease of install and how it sits lower, I also had a s2000 and people compared it to shifting that seems like a win win in my book. Last I got updated was late October not much longer!

Sponsored
OP
OP
redline727

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Yeah man seemed like he was at a house call, I'll let you know If I hear something over on this side of town I have seen a couple meets over toward hull st. What sold me on the boomba was the ease of install and how it sits lower, I also had a s2000 and people compared it to shifting that seems like a win win in my book. Last I got updated was late October not much longer!
Joel's at my house detailing the Mustang now. Looks great so far. Not doing any coatings. Just a polish and sealant and some interior protectant/conditioners. I'll post up some pics later.

OP
OP
redline727

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Man this looks so good! I'm going to do the same thing I think the coating is a little to pricy for my liking
Sponsored