Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
why would they get one before Aus
I would think that it is a "pre-production " version.

They have not started building production versions of the RHD model. The factory at Flat Rock is currently shutdown and will open next week
I expect that they will start production of RHD version within the next few weeks.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I see that someone has suggested that it has the base model front splitter rather than the larger performance pack one. The mustang that KPM are showing around Aus at the moment is also the base model and the small splitter did stand out as being undersized. I wlll have to look at the pics of the euro lhd models that are currently being delivered to see which splitter they have. Ours should be the same as theirs. The pp splitter is not a direct swap for the base one, the undertray has to be replaced as well.
Hopefully the Indian one is just a test mule that is not in final spec.

Update: Having looked at pics of the new euro lhd versions, they seem to have the larger splitter, so I am going to assume that we will too. The Indian one must be a one off.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I think you are right.
I think it may be a preproduction one.
It may even be the one we saw pictures of that was on that trailer in the US.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sponsored

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
set up appears wrong

i hope that pic is wrong as the cup holders and hand brake are on the wrong side of the centre .

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
i hope that pic is wrong as the cup holders and hand brake are on the wrong side of the centre .
Sorry to tell you but, that's how it's going to be when it arrives here.

Mudnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW MINI & Land Rover Defender
I had a chance to sit in the LHD one that made it's way up the east coast of Australia. Yes the cup holders are right where the arm is for shifting, so only short drinks for me. The handbrake is not a big deal to reach. I am still interested in an aftermarket centre console that reverses the brake, and cup holders. Don't care what colour, as I want to have it covered in leather. This should not be too hard to do, as they are easy to remove (just check out the MGW shifter web site for video's of the removal). Once the main console is measured, and changed, it could be reproduced on a 3d printer, then covered. Can't see it being too difficult, or expensive.

Cheers

Ken

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
The handbrake cable runs down the left of the transmission tunnel so if you can make a console you'll need to knock up some sort of connecting rod etc.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
I had a chance to sit in the LHD one that made it's way up the east coast of Australia. Yes the cup holders are right where the arm is for shifting, so only short drinks for me. The handbrake is not a big deal to reach. I am still interested in an aftermarket centre console that reverses the brake, and cup holders. Don't care what colour, as I want to have it covered in leather. This should not be too hard to do, as they are easy to remove (just check out the MGW shifter web site for video's of the removal). Once the main console is measured, and changed, it could be reproduced on a 3d printer, then covered. Can't see it being too difficult, or expensive.

Cheers

Ken
I think it has been posted previously the reason Ford did not change positioning was you need a whole different floor pan for brake mounting etc.The cost was substantial.This is the reason it was not changed .May be on a future model.It seems you can not just change console.We will just have to accept it (with all the other omissions).

Sponsored

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
The Mustang's built between 1987 and 2004 had the Hand brake on the right hand side and the Americans lived with it being on the opposite side to the driver. Also lights of current cars on sale in Australia have the hand brake on the left hand side, so the new Mustang will not be the only car in Australia with this set up.

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
Everyone relax about the console, it's totally OK to have the handbrake on the opposite side, and its totally OK to have the cup holders there.

http://hondacars.kamikaze-drive.com/S2000007I.jpg

Honda S2000 AP1 - RHD in Japan, RHD in Australia.
Ergonomics 10/10, number of times I got annoyed at the cupholder - 0

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
As I wrote in another thread - anything in the cup holders is in the way in LHD version so any kind of moving them is absolutely pointless - IMO.

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
As I wrote in another thread - anything in the cup holders is in the way in LHD version so any kind of moving them is absolutely pointless - IMO.
Yep, really it's another case of a high jacked thread by someone who perhaps should do more reading. This has been covered over and over, and now that I've had time to think about it I'm glad the handbrake is on the left. the drink holders will not be an issue as they're so far forward anyway.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The Mustang's built between 1987 and 2004 had the Hand brake on the right hand side
I've owned my 1995 Mustang for 20 years now and your message is the first time I realize that the handbrake is actually on the right side of the console :headbonk:
Sponsored