Sponsored

(resolved) Bad Experience from Brenspeed (Update Page 2- contacted)

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I dont know what happened in the past few years, but their turnaround times are horrible. Mind you, I spent almost 6 grand in the past with them for the supercharger and tuning on my S197. So I has hoping for another great experience. (It shouldnt matter how much you spend, but you get my point hopefully)

Ordered an XCAL4 a couple weeks ago with the intent to have some tunes on file for my STOCK vehicle (no intake). Got the XCAL, and was told unless I pay $50 I cant get the tunes in 24hours or whatever.

Their official policy is 5-7 business days for custom tuning...okay cool. I messaged earlier this week and was maybe hoping I could get it early. (Tuner ordered on the 10th) and they told me their only tuner was out racing this week and wont be back until Thursday.

lead time starts when the tuner is shipped out actually
^which was the 10th

I messaged on Thursday and was hoping to get the tunes by Friday maybe and was told to expect the tunes on Friday by 5pm.

Well, emailed and no response, they're closed.

I just have a stock car, and wanted to have some 93 octane tunes on file, but whatever. Just thought Id post this to advise anyone looking at Brenspeed, to look elsewhere. Deadlines I guess dont matter if you arent spending a lot of money.
Sponsored

Last edited:

camnuts44

2015 Mustang GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp (black)
I used them for my 08 gtcs And they were awesome then. they Had a great tune and great customer service.sent them an email seeking information about the 15 and never got a responce....

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I heard they were good at blowing up 5.0s.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Oops! Just dropped mine off there this morning for some mods. Should I panic?

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Roush SC (tune), ARH headers (off-road) ARH headers back exhaust, Steeda stage 1, Steeda Gtrac brace

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
That's my stage 1, stage 2 will be one piece driveshaft, Ford racing half shafts, new clutch.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Just to update this thread, I installed their 93 octane tune, and they set the fan settings so low they're always running and sounds like a jet plane taking off at idle when its above 200*. Not anywhere near stock.

Well I inquired about a tune revision and this is the response given back.

This will be done Thursday most likely
I respond back with:

Most likely? Is the tuner not available again until then? It takes almost a month to get my tunes, and a simple change takes almost a week? I was about to place an order for an intake this week, but if it takes this long for a stock car...

He send this back

Its a revision and those are typically done on Fridays. Yes he is leaving for an NMRA race Thursday. It could go Wednesday but I can't guarantee that.
I guess racing and having fun is more important than customer cars.

What a fucking joke, man.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Classy establishment. Think I'll stick with livernois when I order my tune.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Yeah no shit, doesn't sound like I'll be buying anything of theirs any time soon.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I've actually enjoyed my experience to this point. Finalized purchases early last week and dropped the car off Saturday for what I consider some extensive mods (for me anyway) and will pick it up this Saturday. Of course, Has nothing to do with a tune which seems to be the common problem. I'm not even sure who does their custom tuning but I did see that they were preparing 2 or 3 cars for Bradenton and I assume whoever does their tunes is involved in this.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Livernois tune for me. They are always spot on and the reviews are always great. At least the ones I have found are. Plus, they have a great presence on this forum.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I did try calling Livernois a few times today but got dumped into a voicemail. lol When I called Bama, they spent a good 20 minutes on the phone with me addressing my questions and options. I like how they have a separate department number where you can talk to the actual tuners and not some guy behind a desk wanting to get your money (not implying Livernois does that). So they earned my business. Plus some other tuners were going to charge me almost 400 for a TUNE. No thanks, especially for a bone stock car. Ive been on Mustang boards enough to know that there hasnt been a 100 percent clean history for Bama , especially when Doug was their only tuner, but I like their business model today and they seem to have a LOT of satisfied customers. And plus, I have an almost stock car, not too hard to tune for. Either way, Im interested to see how their V2 Race Tune compares to the Brenspeed one I just ran.

TonyN

SLO 5L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Dang, I have always had great experiences with Brenspeed over the years when I had my '07. Sucks to hear this. Seems some what common to hear stories like this. A shop/tuners reputation gets out there, then they seem to get overwhelmed and do not have the man power to keep up at times. Their customer base has likely expanded quite a bit over the years with their new shop and all.

I remember back in the day, the Brenspeed was the tune to have.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Best of luck with the tune, AM has a great group of guys waiting to help you out.
I have NEVER had an issue AM was not willing to resolve.
Sponsored