Sponsored

Replacement Motorcraft AGM

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Time to replace my OEM battery. Takes a licking from sitting as a weekend driver even with the trickle charging. I’ve been told that we have the lighter GT350 OEM battery and not the bigger GT version. Anyone can confirm or know the part # of the AGM Motorcraft battery for our cars?? Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Time to replace my OEM battery. Takes a licking from sitting as a weekend driver even with the trickle charging. I’ve been told that we have the lighter GT350 OEM battery and not the bigger GT version. Anyone can confirm or know the part # of the AGM Motorcraft battery for our cars?? Thanks!
Both my 2019 GT and 2021 Mach 1 have the same battery. It is BXT-96R-590

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Wonder why BAMG96R
Yes, just put one in our 2015. BAGM96R
Tried to search for the BAMG96R at the dealer websites and either comes up invalid or discontinued. Odd….

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Anyone can confirm or know the part # of the AGM Motorcraft battery for our cars?? Thanks!
Don't you have the factory OEM battery in your car at the moment? What's the part number shown? That should state what your car came with and then see if it differs from what GT350 came with.

Also mine has been driven just over 300 miles since July '22 and the factory battery is just fine.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Wonder why BAMG96R

Tried to search for the BAMG96R at the dealer websites and either comes up invalid or discontinued. Odd….
Call a dealer and see if they have it. Online tools are far from very accurate or complete.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Don't you have the factory OEM battery in your car at the moment? What's the part number shown? That should state what your car came with and then see if it differs from what GT350 came with.

Also mine has been driven just over 300 miles since July '22 and the factory battery is just fine.
Its listed in the owners manual. They do not supply AGM batteries OEM, just flood filled so the part number will not help much.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its listed in the owners manual. They do not supply AGM batteries OEM, just flood filled so the part number will not help much.
I swear I have huge red AGM letters on mine. Might be the Raptor. Can't remember. I'll check!

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, AGM was the Raptor. I really like the NorthStar batteries and have replaced a few factory batteries with them. X2 Power something another is another brand name for them available at Batteries+ Bulbs.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
This may or may not be helpful, but I just replaced my 2020 GT’s OEM battery Friday. It was cranking perfect and showing no signs of distress nor throwing out any pissy messages. But it’s coming up on 3 years old, has never been on a tender and has at times gone more than 2-3 months without being run. So while I was at the dealer’s satellite quick service joint I just went ahead and told them to replace it with a factory battery. I just checked my paperwork and the part # is BXT 96R 590. Price was $179.95.

I didn’t see what they took out but if this one does as well as the OEM unit I won’t complain. It may well just be coincidental but after trying several hi-po fancy schmancy batteries in my Harleys I found that nothing worked any better or even as well as OEM.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Burning up a battery in 2 years seems way too fast. My 5 yo battery was cranking just fine before I went to lithium. You might check for a bad ground somewhere.