Sponsored

Render with narrower grille, wider headlights

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
I played around with the front proportions a while ago but wasn't too thrilled with the results, so I didn't post them. I made the lights less wrapped and centered them a little more and reduced the grill. Sometimes when I look at the 15 from the front it looks like the headlights are too far apart to me.
1ab.jpg
Sponsored

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Why..? Because reality has no place in this discussion..?

He put himself out there, asking for scrutiny.. I gave him logic instead!

No, because this whole section of the forums encourages people to use their imagination and be creative. Excuse him for not being on the Mustang Design team and knowing the optimal grille opening required for adequate cooling for every engine line up. I enjoy coming to these render threads to see peoples imagination at work, not to criticize the functionality of their designs. OP....keep on keepin' on man

and for what its worth, i do think you made the grille a bit too small. not for functionality reasons, but just for MY personal taste. i would prefer something like the one posted above.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Apparently, you know nothing about what is required for performance. Nor nothing of engineering, & the reasons for things like a large openings in the front of the car...

It is weird, that YOU think, it needs a smaller "grill".
Funny you'd say that. If you look at the openings in the grills, you'll see that Ford has designed a bunch of blocked space at the ends of each grill. The top render has the exact same amount of actual flow through space as Ford's design.

I like the top render with the smaller grill & uncluttered fog light area. I'd still like to see the grill opening lower & the hood more slanted to make it more aggressive like some of the earlier renders. The black render in this thread is pretty good with its LEDs.

S3XPanther

Threads
Reaction score
Why..? Because reality has no place in this discussion..?

He put himself out there, asking for scrutiny.. I gave him logic instead!
First and foremost, your "logic" (if you can call it that) is flawed. The actual air inlet cross-section on the real car is approximately the same size as the OP's narrower render. Secondly, I'd love to hear YOUR qualifications on the subject of performance design engineering.
However, regardless of the engineering that goes into designing the front end of a car, this thread was created to discuss a different design on a purely aesthetic basis. Your interjection of engineering and airflow have no place here. :thumbsup:
Sponsored