Sponsored

Remove decals to decrease cops attention, sleeper, etc? Will the m1 become a collector? You think people would want w/without decals? Real hood vents?

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
Collectability will be very low.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
I just bought my 2022 MACH 1!
10sp. With all the options.
I hate attracting cops!
I want to blend in.
What do you think about removing all the decals and badges plus in minuses?
any point to making the two hood scoops actual vents? Would it make any difference in keeping the engine actually cooler or did the designers keep them closed/fake for function and performance reasons?
Anything else worth changing or gathering parts for a known weakness in the car?
Your Invitation thoughts?
Thank you.
Buy a Toyota then. Why would you make a message about this we all wonder?

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
any point to making the two hood scoops actual vents? Would it make any difference in keeping the engine actually cooler or did the designers keep them closed/fake for function and performance reasons?
One is open, the other is closed because open intake is below so rain doesn't go into it. GT has both open. It's fine as it is. There's additional coolers for engine oil, transmission and differential.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I hate attracting cops!
I want to blend in.
What do you think about removing all the decals and badges plus in minuses?
Anything else worth changing or gathering parts for a known weakness in the car?
Your Invitation thoughts?
Thank you.
I'd just like to turn the tribar running lights off, that's the attention grabber from head on.

OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Buy a Toyota then. Why would you make a message about this we all wonder?
Because I like performance, a reliable and durable platform that is less costly and easier to work on than most. It could be cleaner and easier to change the engine oil filter. The Mustang Seems to have good quality and large aftermarket support also. Also wheels and tires for my car could be less expensive and more choices. I do like the sound of the engine and exhaust, but I also like the choice of quiet mode, even though I would like it to be able to go quieter.
I know (but I do not understand how it is truly beneficial) some people like to put catch cans on their port and direct injected coyote engines. One of the nice things about Port injection is that it washes the back of the valves, clean with gasoline unlike direct injection only. DI does not have a way to clean or keep clean the that area. That is why carbon buildup is a problem with direct injection. I have an Audi now with a supercharger on it and carbon buildup is a problem. Because my Audi is direct injected as are most vehicles these days.
I do not like turbo lag.
Turbo lag is about the only thing I did not like about the GTI.
I love my Audi! My Audi has been rock solid, other than the head unit recently dying after 10 yrs, and the lack of choice(it is fiber optic and everything goes through it=aftermarket is mostly a no), cost of replacing or fixing that could be better.
I like my loaded model as far as the interior and gadgets, etc.
I like the looks of the Mach 1, and my Audi.
like ICE VS electric.
I like supporting my own country. Yes, I know now you’re gonna call me a Nazi, a racist, a sexist, gun loving murderer and all other kinds of names.
Toyota has NOTHING that interests me. I owned one and it is NOT a drivers vehicle.
I want to track this vehicle some, and it seems to be built for that also as well as not being a disaster as far as a daily driver.
I have also owned: Subaru, Honda, Nissan, etc. and in my opinion, they are all way over blown in their ratings of quality and performance, and cost of ownership. My Subaru was a turd from pretty much day one in quality, Performance, breaking handling , etc. It, kept blowing head gaskets! the Honda leaked water into the cabin of the vehicle, the cylinders ovalized, it was far under braked. The Nissan was OK for what it was but the engine made a noise that I didn’t like and I was afraid it was gonna cost me a lot of money so I got rid of it. Plus, a lot of those vehicles are effing ugly and or just boring.

I have worked hard and deserve something like my choice. I want something that makes me want to drive it!!!!

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Tampons have wings.
I believe that you are thinking of a sanitary pad rather than a tampon. Tampons don't have wings AFAIK.

On the collectibility side - I don't think anyone knows. It's possible that ICE cars will become illegal to drive within our lifetimes. It's also possible that ICE cars will be enjoyed by many future generations, but it will be illegal to build new higher performance models. Either could happen, or future ICE cars might be so good that the current vehicles seem like old-time buggies in comparison.

I won't go into numbers built and relative performance to other recent vehicles - the way collectibility works is if there is way more demand than there are vehicles available, the price goes up. So your guess is as good as mine whether some future generation will really love current Mustangs or not. Things aren't looking good right now, but reversals occur all the time.

I believe that if you are looking for an investment, you are a lot better off with a Roth IRA and an index fund rather than a car that requires storage, insurance, maintenance, time and attention. Just enjoy the car and have fun with it.

OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Another reason I bought the M1 Also is, a few of the other cars that I have compared to this and test driven are terrible for somebody that’s not short. Also, some of the other vehicles have horrible visibility from the driver seat.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think Hack nailed it as far as collectibility. I do think you’re starting to see EV pushback from the traditional manufacturers, Toyota has already said no, they’ll stick with hybrids. GM is scaling back, Ford is taking big losses in EV, etc.

So, if ICE sticks around I think there’s a chance the Mach’s could be collectible. Just look at the cars of the 60’s and 70’s. It may take 50 years, and as Hack also mentions, you’re better using the market or other investments as actual investments over that time frame.

You mention catch cans OP. Are they really necessary? NA, street driving. No not really. But it does keep that oil vapor out of the intake even though the PI does keep everything clean. Fairly inexpensive way of protecting your intake/motor IMO. I eventually decided to get one with my Ford points.

Just enjoy your car without worry of attracting attention. As long as you don’t drive like a moron, you’ll be fine. Even though the car enthusiast crowd seems to be dwindling, Mustangs are still attention grabbers, they stand out in a sea of SUV’s that all look the same. Embrace it and enjoy it!

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Stickers are not a legitimate reason for a traffic stop unless they are obstructing your view. Any action taking as a result of the stop would likely get thrown out in court. Unless of course your city has an ordinance that prohibits them.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I drove with “real” motor sports stickers for like a year (Mandatory sponsor stickers mostly) and not a single police officer bothered me. If the police pull you over, it’s be of your driving, not your stickers.

OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
I drove with “real” motor sports stickers for like a year (Mandatory sponsor stickers mostly) and not a single police officer bothered me. If the police pull you over, it’s be of your driving, not your stickers.
I was thinking more about it’s just one more way to stick out in the crowd of other vehicles and be identified.