shelby367

being me since 1964
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium, PP (received)
I noticed tonight while out screwing around that the tach lighting turns red at 6500 rpm and the speedometer needle also turns red. I had to do it several more times to confirm, thought maybe I was imagining it.
Mike
Sponsored

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
What happens if mycolor is already set to red?

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I noticed tonight while out screwing around that the tach lighting turns red at 6500 rpm and the speedometer needle also turns red. I had to do it several more times to confirm, thought maybe I was imagining it.
Mike
That happened to me exactly once in my 2011, when I had just passed the 1,000 mile mark and was revving the engine while parked in a friend's driveway to listen to the exhaust note.

Other than that I'm not sure it's possible to hit redline in an automatic, since it'll just shift for long before you ever get there (my transmission usually upshifts around 1,900 rpm or so).

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
That happened to me exactly once in my 2011, when I had just passed the 1,000 mile mark and was revving the engine while parked in a friend's driveway to listen to the exhaust note.

Other than that I'm not sure it's possible to hit redline in an automatic, since it'll just shift for long before you ever get there (my transmission usually upshifts around 1,900 rpm or so).
i'm sure you can hit redline if you actually push the accelerator pedal down :)

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i'm sure you can hit redline if you actually push the accelerator pedal down :)
I floored it today on the long acceleration lane going onto the Turnpike. I was in normal mode and the transmission shifted before hitting the redline and turning the tach red. Not sure if it would redline in Sport or Race mode, though.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
My 13 gauges will turn red when low on gas as well
Sponsored