Sponsored

Red Seatbelts

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Fellas -

Has anyone replaced the factory seat belts with red ones to match the rotors or the interior stitching at all? Any specific brand that is better than the others?
Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Those look pretty good. I was hoping that Shelby American would offer red ones with their name on them, but it appears they only offer the belt pads.
:shrug:
Has anyone come up with a R solution for the rear seat connection points?

I really want harnesses for track duty, but do not want to add back all the weight with a bar. :doh:

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Those look pretty good. I was hoping that Shelby American would offer red ones with their name on them, but it appears they only offer the belt pads.

I really want harnesses for track duty, but do not want to add back all the weight with a bar. :doh:
I think you should be able to add the seat belt connectors without adding the seats. It will mean much more noise coming from the trunk though, I dont think you can tolerate the noise. I drove with my rear seats down once, it sounds unbelievable (great but too loud).

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63

schroth harnesses use the rear seatbelt mounting points, not a bar. They are designed that way.

personally, as some one concerned with weight, one spoit where adding weight is acceptable is safety. a cage is going in my car for track duty.

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
schroth harnesses use the rear seatbelt mounting points, not a bar. They are designed that way. .
I fully understand that it is meant to attach to seatbelt mounts. My R will not have the seat and the only other alternative is adding a roll bar, which I do not want to do due to the added 60 lbs or so. I was hoping there are mounting points I can expose/use, where the belt mounts would have been, to attach. This is not for street driving, so I don't care how loud it is. Thanks :D

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
I think the harness bar only would add 16lb. And you will lost the rear seats function if you have them or want them.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I fully understand that it is meant to attach to seatbelt mounts. My R will not have the seat and the only other alternative is adding a roll bar, which I do not want to do due to the added 60 lbs or so. I was hoping there are mounting points I can expose/use, where the belt mounts would have been, to attach. This is not for street driving, so I don't care how loud it is. Thanks :D
so the belt mounting holes are in your car from the factory. you can make a couple relief cuts for the belts to pass through in the closeout panel and buy the anchor bolts from ford parts.

I guess i dont understand what the issue is.

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
This is my setup. I personally would not feel comfortable running harnesses without a roll bar.

31806424575_49b8c1f505_b.jpg

What Schroth system are you running? I assume you have an R with the rear seat delete? No anti-sub belt?

Sponsored

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
What Schroth system are you running? I assume you have an R with the rear seat delete? No anti-sub belt?
Profi II ASM belts mounted to Watson roll bar (R so no rear seats)

https://www.schrothracing.com/products/profi-ii-asm#1598

You need new seats to run anti-subs. There needs to be a hole in the seat (in between your legs) for the anti-sub belts to run through and it would not be smart to run them on any seat not designed for it.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Is there anyway to have a 5 point belt with the stock seats? How much work is it?

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
And this is why I'm asking about 5/6 point harnesses:

http://www.ogracing.com/blog/2013/02/6-things-you-need-to-consider-before-buying-harnesses/

A note about 4-point harnesses:

People sometimes request 4-point harnesses because they can not use a 5- or 6-point belt with their factory seats. This is often true even of factory ā€œrace seatsā€ (such as the Recaro seats available in Mustangs) that have harness holes in the seat back. While we do stock them for the tuner and show car market, we do not recommend using 4-point harnesses on the street or track. 4-point harnesses are insufficient for track use because they can actually be more dangerous than the factory belts in a crash. This is due to an effect called ā€œsubmariningā€ in which the waist of the user starts to move underneath the belts and towards their feet (see the video above). This motion positions the buckle of a four point harness right over the soft vital organs, which can lead to devastating results when your body lunges forward during a crash. Some models claim to have ā€œanti-submariningā€ features built in, but until we see solid test results (which you rarely do), we donā€™t recommend any 4-point harnesses.

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
SubMarining is definitively some scary stuff, so I understand your concern.

These harnesses are developed with anti-sub technology ... while they will never be as safe as a 6-point, I trust Schroth with their tech. From their site:

The Profi II ASM incorporates Schroth's legendary ASM (Anti-SubMarining) technology that is the only thing like it on the market. ASM is an extra fold of material sewn into the inboard shoulder belt that elongates at a different rate than the outboard belt. This allows your upper torso to twist slightly. On the rebound phase, your torso is planted firmly back in the seat rather than allowed to slide under the lap belt.

Also:
A seat that was not originally designed for use with a racing restraint should never be modified to accept an sub strap.

I would strongly consider getting some fixed back racing seats if you want to run 5/6 points.

Jumpman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2x ~8,300 RPMs: 08 S2K & 17 GT350
I'd love a blue seatbelt. Not a harness but just an oem-style replacement belt. Dunno if such a thing exists though.
Sponsored