Sponsored

Recommend me a US based tuner please

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Everytime you say something along the lines of "I figured theyd want to be part of this side of the atlantic's first XYZ" or think tuners that have developed files over a decade's worth of tuning will just hand you over an open file so then the "tuner" on your side of the pond can make money off of it, I think both tuners just would love to smack you upside the head via Email. So the next best thing is to ignore you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
That’s not what you said at post #1.
Im not trying to be a dick but you need to be more specific when making a post of this type.
not really as it doesn't impact the question or the result you're splitting hairs which isn't helpful, i was intentionally trying to keep it generic as possible as i didn't really want to name the 2 tuners but obviously everyone suggested the 2 tuners that don't seem to want any involvement so i need options that are non lund or pbd the circumstances of being refused (lund) or ignored (pbd) are irrelevant to the question.

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Everytime you say something along the lines of "I figured theyd want to be part of this side of the atlantic's first XYZ" or think tuners that have developed files over a decade's worth of tuning will just hand you over an open file so then the "tuner" on your side of the pond can make money off of it, I think both tuners just would love to smack you upside the head via Email. So the next best thing is to ignore you.
re-read before being a dick please.
as stated multiple times above i'm more than happy for them to do their normal remote tune thing the unlocked tune thing was a first pass as i know from experience (which is why i really don't want to reuse lund anyway and why my first choice was pbd) they can't remote tune uk cars properly their driveability is terrible.

I'm happy to accept that they won't provide me an unlocked base tune though and let them do their thing but they don't even seem interested in that.

You're hung up on the wrong detail of the thread or the question. Which is simple I need a tuner with experience of centri's that isn't the big 2 everyone so far has recommended.

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
Considering they've never done a RHD car with a centri or experienced our fuel its going to need a lot more than 1-3 revisions. The request was from our local tuner who was happy to build on a base map and tailor it for the driving experience i wanted and for our fuels etc. I was happy and offered to pay very well over the odds for them to be involved making a UK first vehicle.

When they rejected it that's fine I've moved on from that and I'll happily just pay for their standard tuning package with remote tuning no worries and I've made that very clear the response from lund was "sorry we cannot help you" and pbd have now ignored all my attempts to contact them for the past week.

So going back to my initial request. recommend me a new tuner someone that is actually willing to accept some work and be paid as such for it as clearly lund and pbd don't want the work.
They have experience tuning cars in other countries. Try reaching out to Wengerd Performance

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
They have experience tuning cars in other countries. Try reaching out to Wengerd Performance
just looking at his facebook page now thanks going to drop him a message later

Sponsored

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
re-read before being a dick please.
as stated multiple times above i'm more than happy for them to do their normal remote tune thing the unlocked tune thing was a first pass as i know from experience (which is why i really don't want to reuse lund anyway and why my first choice was pbd) they can't remote tune uk cars properly their driveability is terrible.

I'm happy to accept that they won't provide me an unlocked base tune though and let them do their thing but they don't even seem interested in that.

You're hung up on the wrong detail of the thread or the question. Which is simple I need a tuner with experience of centri's that isn't the big 2 everyone so far has recommended.
Quick question, why can't the 'tuner' on your end build a tune for your unicorn? You know, do his own work. Figure he has to have more experience with RHD cars anyways so why does he require anything from a States based company?

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Quick question, why can't the 'tuner' on your end build a tune for your unicorn? You know, do his own work. Figure he has to have more experience with RHD cars anyways so why does he require anything from a States based company?
he could but there's a couple of factors played into it
1) cost it'd take him a fair time to build up a base map from scratch
2) he was concerned due to lack of experience of things like centri blowers their ramp ins and fueling etc and my choice of fuel system / injectors / rails etc and coupled with my 18 manifold with imrc lockouts on it too. its all just a bit extreme for him and he is very worried i'm going to blow my block if tuned by someone who doesn't have that experience or gained that experience else where. he did suggest i could change to a normal pd style blower but tbh i dislike that instant power.
I really wanted twin turbo setup but again nobody has ever done it over here so we'd be building entire systems from scratch and it'd be a huge job and then tuning issue again. So the happy medium was a centri blower it has that no boost at low speed so actually driveable gridlock UK but when I want to rev out it'll actually have boost. ie: i actually want turbo lag :)
While the thought of blowing the block doesn't bother me from a cost point of view the hassle of getting a new block over from the states is more than my patience will actually stand at the moment.

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. Honestly, I doubt any of the known tuners are going to hand over an unlocked map. As he mentioned, those maps take time and R&D to create and no tuner is going to hand that over; is what it is and you can't fault them for that. That said, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to go right to email tuning. Hopefully Wengerd works out for you - best of luck.

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Gotcha. Honestly, I doubt any of the known tuners are going to hand over an unlocked map. As he mentioned, those maps take time and R&D to create and no tuner is going to hand that over; is what it is and you can't fault them for that. That said, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to go right to email tuning. Hopefully Wengerd works out for you - best of luck.
as i said forget about the unlocked it was a first pass based on the local tuner i'm perfectly happy to go with their usual email/remote tuning routes just none of them are interested or even bother replying.

i've emailed Wengerd so see if he replies

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
May I be frank with you? It’s sound like you and your turner trying to get other’s people tuning secret sauce to make a profit. Of course, they will say no. I don’t believe just because it a RHD car over there that they can’t fine tune. That is totally bs. Now you ask them for remote tune and they still say no. I think i know why. Because they don’t want to send you a tune knowing you and your tuner going to try and hack into their tune.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You could try Shaun at AED but don't think he'll do HP Tuner and still requires SCT.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's euro spec I'd go with Veee performance since they are familiar with euro spec mustangs.

If you want an unlocked base tune efidynotuning is your best bet.
Sponsored