Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
More bullshit. Called local dealer and dealer where I bought my car and both told me they couldn't order the parts, yet there are dealers who have extras they are giving away? This irritates me more than the recall itself. :rant:
Your not confusing some of the aftermarket solutions on this thread are you? I haven't seen dealers giving extras away.

From what people have posted so far, most dealers seem to be following the procedures set out by Ford. New cars sitting on dealer lots with new owners with sales agreements waiting for delivery get priority. Priority also given for existing sold cars showing actual leakage from the hoses. Next priority given to unsold cars on lots.

The rest of us need to wait until the parts are more widely available in mid March. We should all be getting official letters from Ford at that time.

To be honest, as long as my car doesn't show active signs of leakage (knock on wood), I'm in no hurry to get this recall done.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Your not confusing some of the aftermarket solutions on this thread are you? I haven't seen dealers giving extras away.

From what people have posted so far, most dealers seem to be following the procedures set out by Ford. New cars sitting on dealer lots with new owners with sales agreements waiting for delivery get priority. Priority also given for existing sold cars showing actual leakage from the hoses. Next priority given to unsold cars on lots.

The rest of us need to wait until the parts are more widely available in mid March. We should all be getting official letters from Ford at that time.

To be honest, as long as my car doesn't show active signs of leakage (knock on wood), I'm in no hurry to get this recall done.
There's at least one dealer in SoCal with the parts offering a fix to anyone who brings their car in, regardless of VIN or status. First come, first serve, I suppose. Maybe large dealerships get a handful of lines or something, I don't know. Apparently other dealers were asking for transfers of the parts but were told no.

I knew about mid-March, just irritates me that there are apparently parts available at some dealerships, yet those who want the fix can't have it until later.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
There's at least one dealer in SoCal with the parts offering a fix to anyone who brings their car in, regardless of VIN or status. First come, first serve, I suppose. Maybe large dealerships get a handful of lines or something, I don't know. Apparently other dealers were asking for transfers of the parts but were told no.

I knew about mid-March, just irritates me that there are apparently parts available at some dealerships, yet those who want the fix can't have it until later.
As I am one of the people who actually orders these lines for a dealership, I can tell you that I attempted to order one for a used vehicle we have on the lot, and my request was denied because it was not under contract and it was not leaking. Because of this, I won't even try to order one for myself.

in regards to what you said about some dealers having them, I'm not sure how it's possible, because these are on what they call a "K" status, meaning that the parts department has to fill out an online form with the VIN, mileage etc. and that is what I did and got denied. Most recalls Ford ships stock to everybody and It's not really an issue. This is the rare case that they are very limited and want to get the fixes out first to vehicles that are down or are on delivery hold.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
How would customers know it's the new and improved parts being installed vs. the old 'defective' parts? Just asking based on what I've read here, same part #...

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
As I am one of the people who actually orders these lines for a dealership, I can tell you that I attempted to order one for a used vehicle we have on the lot, and my request was denied because it was not under contract and it was not leaking. Because of this, I won't even try to order one for myself.

in regards to what you said about some dealers having them, I'm not sure how it's possible, because these are on what they call a "K" status, meaning that the parts department has to fill out an online form with the VIN, mileage etc. and that is what I did and got denied. Most recalls Ford ships stock to everybody and It's not really an issue. This is the rare case that they are very limited and want to get the fixes out first to vehicles that are down or are on delivery hold.
How would customers know it's the new and improved parts being installed vs. the old 'defective' parts? Just asking based on what I've read here, same part #...
Read it on Facebook. Some guy said to call his guy at the dealership and he'd hook us up with the new parts. So...that's all I know. :shrug:

Edit: Oh, and mentioned it would help him "reach his numbers". This was at Galpin Ford.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Ha! Just checked the thread and apparently this guy jumped the gun on his offer. Someone else from Galpin replied that the kits were all spoken for and they were only getting a limited number of them. But it seems they ARE getting kits, at least that's how I read it.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Read it on Facebook. Some guy said to call his guy at the dealership and he'd hook us up with the new parts. So...that's all I know. :shrug:

Edit: Oh, and mentioned it would help him "reach his numbers". This was at Galpin Ford.
Perhaps they are circumventing what Ford is asking, but that would take a lot of smoke and mirrors.... who knows. Its examples like that which make it difficult to fairly distribute them...and probably why this process is the way it is in the first place! Can you imagine if day 1 they released the parts and dealer A ordered 8,000 of the hoses? While most parts people have some sort of commission as a part of compensation, to me it seems a stretch that selling these hoses would make such a venture worth it.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Ha! Just checked the thread and apparently this guy jumped the gun on his offer. Someone else from Galpin replied that the kits were all spoken for and they were only getting a limited number of them. But it seems they ARE getting kits, at least that's how I read it.
Well, I wasn't lying to you lol....pretty soon there will be plenty to go around, and you will be back in business! :cheers::ford:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I had my recall work done today along with an oil change. The oil change was not covered. Just one quart of oil was covered that normally would be used to top things off per the repair.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I had my recall work done today along with an oil change. The oil change was not covered. Just one quart of oil was covered that normally would be used to top things off per the repair.
Did you compare the recall lines with the stock lines?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mine is due for an oil change anyway, so I will have them do it and change the oil myself afterwards