Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Mustang should get an award for the most pointless, do nothing recalls I've ever seen. First some obscure back up camera one where it might not come on in some impossibly rare circumstance, and now this? Lmao. Remember the days when you had to actually check fluids yourself?
What a concept...
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I wanna know how a software update will illuminate a bulb in the dash.. seems more like a hardware issue than a software fix.

Oh that's right, a hardware fix would be way more expensive for the bean counters at Ford. Lets see how well this half ass fix will resolve the issue. 😂

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
No mail about this but the NHTSA site says my '20 (BD: 10-18-19) needs it too. Damn. Are we supposed to just live with this, check the fluid prior to driving, and keep fingers and toes crossed until Ford figures their chidt out? Total BS.
Well I think the occurrence would be more during hard race driving opposed to normal everyday driving. Cause the Master Cylinder would only lose brake fluid that badly is if your brakes are down to nothing, or you crack the brake lines and it leaks.

And yes you are to go and check every day by lifting that hood and check each and every fluid to make sure its filled, even if you can see through the black cover you are to use a borescope :p

Mustang should get an award for the most pointless, do nothing recalls I've ever seen. First some obscure back up camera one where it might not come on in some impossibly rare circumstance, and now this? Lmao. Remember the days when you had to actually check fluids yourself?
Really you were suppose to check? Is that why my car was smoking when I drive as a kid? I thought it was just movies effects and I was emmenating a back to the future scene!

:D

I wanna know how a software update will illuminate a bulb in the dash.. seems more like a hardware issue than a software fix.

Oh that's right, a hardware fix would be way more expensive for the bean counters at Ford. Lets see how well this half ass fix will resolve the issue. 😂
Not necessarily the line code could be missing to have the sensor trip the idiot light or the warning on the dash, I dont know why that would be missing considering they would be using the same base code from the '15-'17 line. Remember all these sensors go through the BCM to trigger the warning on the dash. A hardware fix would be needed if the sensor was not installed in the master cylinder.

But this begs the question, does this affect the '15-'17 line? As I said the base code should be the same.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Based on how As-Built data blocks known mappings have changed from the 2015-17 for 2018+ and then again somewhere in the 2021+, it is entirely possible that when Ford updated the underlying module software that they left out some conditional branch checks or they were still addressed to old data blocks.

Sponsored

Sunhawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium
Yup, I got this notification from CarFax too. I guess I can just check my brake fluid level every week or so.

What I'm really curious about is, I've done a few mods on my BCM via FORscan. Thinks like, setting the "quick lane change" signal from 3 flashes to 5, turning off the piped-in engine noise, changing the setting to allow the fog lamps to operate with the high beams on, and disabling the "fasten seat belt" chime. If the fix for this is Ford reflashing the BMC, I suppose I'll have to set all that up again, which is not difficult, but a little bit of a pain.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Once NHTSA gets a hold of it and makes a determination the manufacturer has to act. Fines are over $17 million per recall. NHTSA also has to approve the fix that is presented.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
My FordPass showed it yesterday.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not aware of any euro cars getting the recall yet, but I’m sure it’s coming … :frown:

WD :like:

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT with Recaro bucket seat option.
I got mine through CARFAX on 10/30. My car and me are on the Introduction thread. Little short version. I have 2023 Mustang GT with Recaro seat option. I have a question in my reply as well. I hope someone can help me. At 61 I finally got my first cool car after years of four bangers and trading a 2020 Camry XSE with a four. I call local Ford and I'm already the list to be called for an appointment. I have an account on Ford web site as well.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
it is entirely possible that when Ford updated the underlying module software that they left out some conditional branch checks or they were still addressed to old data blocks.
I was thinking something along those lines as well. From the Model Years listed, I got the impression this issue has been lurking for some time, only to be witnessed recently. Many will be getting their brake fluid flushed now. I'm guessing it might have come to light (pun intended) during those maintenance activities.

Last edited:

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
What I'm really curious about is, I've done a few mods on my BCM via FORscan. Thinks like, setting the "quick lane change" signal from 3 flashes to 5, turning off the piped-in engine noise, changing the setting to allow the fog lamps to operate with the high beams on, and disabling the "fasten seat belt" chime. If the fix for this is Ford reflashing the BMC, I suppose I'll have to set all that up again, which is not difficult, but a little bit of a pain.
Yes, you will need to make the changes again.
I recently updated my IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) firmware via FDRS and I lost the personalization I had made via Forscan to disable the seat belt chime. I have to do it again but there's all winter ahead...

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Nothing yet in my FordPass....but I got an email from CarFax.

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
Hey, my 2020 camera was dookie! so needed it.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000