Rear suspension upgrades?

JoeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
Going to do E85 and tune this spring with sticky tires what bare minimum parts should I add to eliminate wheel hop and increase traction?
Sponsored

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
Going to do E85 and tune this spring with sticky tires what bare minimum parts should I add to eliminate wheel hop and increase traction?
Steeda Stop the hop kit, at the very minimum the steeda irs braces and irs alignment. There is just way to much slop between the chasis and subframe for a hard launch on a drag strip, that slop almost put me in the wall last spring before I installed on my ride. Now it launches straight as an arrow!

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
BMR + 1 here.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Add bias ply tires to your list if your car has a manual tranny.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Bare minimum? The swap the lower rear control arm bushing with a bearing and do the ford performance toe link bearing. That should fix /most/ of the rear issues, but its not the easier route as far as install effort goes.

OP
OP

JoeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
My car is a 10r80 and will be a street car only…no drag strip.

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
I personally started with the BMR CB005 and it's night and day.

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
Do you have a vert? I think some of that stuff is hard top only just want to make sure.
Didn't realize you had a vert. The CB005 are no compatible with verts unfortunately.

Edit: probably would behoove me to look at which part of the forum shit's posted in. My apologies.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Do you have a vert? I think some of that stuff is hard top only just want to make sure.
Convertibles most always have a different part for these types of mods, I found. They have different bracing underneath so coupe parts don't fit. But the options are out there, just be sure to find the convertible parts or folks like Steeda or BMR just call and they'll fix you up. I did the IRS subframe kit from Steeda plus some springs and sways.

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label
We offer a couple different kits for something like this using STEEDA and BMR. Both will work great and get you in the direction you are looking to go. From there, it's just shocks and if you want to solid the bushings up more. If yours is a manual and you are gearing it more towards drag racing, I would do that.

Check out our options:

Starter kit:
https://www.lethalperformance.com/bmr-suspension-2015-2024-mustang-bread-and-butter-package.html

or

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-ultimate-kit-2015-2024-mustang-555-2129.html

Leveling up:
https://www.lethalperformance.com/b...g-bread-and-butter-ii-the-sequel-package.html

or

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...ltimate-kit-2015-2024-mustang-555-2129-d.html

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
As far as brands, BMR, UPR, and Steeda all make quality parts. If your only doing one thing though, we actually recommend starting with a set of viking rear shocks, complete adjustable with 22 settings. With an IRS you want to hit the tire hard, so you want it stiff enough to do that on launch.

After that, a lockout or subframe support of some sort.

WE have multiple packages available, and are always happy to take the time to talk with you about your setup.

Feel free to DM or give me a ring at 513-478-1965

#beefcakeracing

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
@ Joe, if you still need help - Rodney can help support you, he has had (2) convertibles & is well-versed in the vehicle dynamics of the S550!

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
CB-010
Sponsored