Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
The brochure under accessories lists 2 different type of spoilers and has a pic with one style.
Does anyone know which spoiler the pic in the brochure is of?
Is it the
"fastback raised blade style rear spoiler"? (= my guess)...or the
"fastback decklid lip spoiler"

Thanks

Just changed my order from blue to triple yellow with black roof.......hopefully that's the last change.
Hello Jack,
As promised, please find attached the page out of the Ford Australia Accessory brochure that refers to the factory approved rear spoilers plus pricing. I am not sure that these are in stock at the moment, but they are on their way.
Ian.
Sponsored

Attachments

Reactions: ssb

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
They look quite different to that (IMHO) nice looking one on the TY earlier in the thread.
Bah false advertising bah.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
They look quite different to that (IMHO) nice looking one on the TY earlier in the thread.
Bah false advertising bah.
You mean there is a problem with advertising one thing and selling another? I wish Ford knew that, then maybe we would be getting the car we paid for! :headbonk:

Reactions: ssb

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
Hi Ian, any chance you could put the whole accessories brochure up on the forum. Not sure I've seen it anywhere and I'm interested in what else is in there. Thanks

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
This is the spoiler on triple yellow...I like it.
Only 3 mnths into my order, don't expect the changes will make any difference at all but I'm not particularly worried about the timing, 6,12,18 mnths I don't care.....just happy and grateful Ford US gave us a shot at owning the mustang icon new,in rhd and at a very fair price.
I like that spoiler as well. Hope it becomes an option here, I'd consider getting this one.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jack110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT fastback manual triple yellow
Hello Jack,
As promised, please find attached the page out of the Ford Australia Accessory brochure that refers to the factory approved rear spoilers plus pricing. I am not sure that these are in stock at the moment, but they are on their way.
Ian.
Thanks Ian, much appreciated.
I'm not so sure I like the spoiler you've posted, so will be sure to check it out as much as possible before ordering....

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Thanks Ian, much appreciated.
I'm not so sure I like the spoiler you've posted, so will be sure to check it out as much as possible before ordering....
Hello Jack,
There are two rear spoilers mentioned in the Ford Au Mustang brochure, a lip and a raised blade spoiler and two mentioned in the Ford Au Accessory brochure, a lip and another raised blade spoiler which is different to the one above. The small lip spoiler mentioned in each brochure may be one and the same spoiler. Ford Au mention two prices of $493 and $688, both incl. GST and fitting but NOT painting. It is interesting to note that CJ Pony sell a Roush medium size lip spoiler for AU$400 incl. painted to suit your car + freight.
Hope the above is of some help.
Ian.

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello Jack,
There are two rear spoilers mentioned in the Ford Au Mustang brochure, a lip and a raised blade spoiler and two mentioned in the Ford Au Accessory brochure, a lip and another raised blade spoiler which is different to the one above. The small lip spoiler mentioned in each brochure may be one and the same spoiler. Ford Au mention two prices of $493 and $688, both incl. GST and fitting but NOT painting. It is interesting to note that CJ Pony sell a Roush medium size lip spoiler for AU$400 incl. painted to suit your car + freight.
Ian.
Hello Aussie MustangGT,
If I buy the spoiler from CJ Pony or American Muscle and install it using ford dealer or a third party, will it void my warranty in any like void warranty on paint, etc.,??

OP
OP

Jack110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT fastback manual triple yellow
Hello Jack,
Ian.
Thanks again Ian,

The only spoiler I really like so far is the blade style in the ford au mustang brochure.My GT is triple yellow with black roof and single OTT black stripe so I think the black blade spoiler in black would be a nice colour balance....I've got plenty of time to find the right one and if I can't I'll just go without.

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Hello Aussie MustangGT,
If I buy the spoiler from CJ Pony or American Muscle and install it using ford dealer or a third party, will it void my warranty in any like void warranty on paint, etc.,??
I think you would have to check with your dealer on that one. They may have to fit it to cover your paint warranty in the area where the holes are drilled. If you did it yourself you would have to make sure you rust proofed the holes adequately, but I am sure the final responsibility would lay with you.
Ian.
Sponsored