Sponsored

Rear Seat Delete Take Rates

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Does anyone know, maybe Granger or another dealership type, how many folks are opting for the Rear Seat Delete?
Sponsored

yjfang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 600A, HP, Tremec, Recaros, RSD
It seems like it's super low numbers. I have RSD.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Pay more to get less? Wonder why the take rate is low…..

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
It's a cool look. Nobody really sits back there do they?
Only babies and double pelvic amputees. I agree it does look cool but the fact Ford charges more to not put in a seat is bizarre. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ve pissed away far more than $250 on things a whole lot less exciting.

Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm a single young guy and while I drive solo 95% of the time, being able to fit an extra passenger or two in a pinch is kind of a huge deal to me. It's why I did not opt for a Supra or a 2 seater.

I'd imagine most others probably feel the same except for those who buy this as an exclusive track toy.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I was an adopter of the rear seat delete. I will explain why.

I like my sports cars impractical (loud, low to the ground, no room for passengers little storage etc) and i like them to generally be my second car/weekend warrior. I absolutely do NOT want anybody in that back seat. It's not practical, personally don't think its very safe, a pain in the ass to get people back there etc.

When I was in HS/College I had sports cars that had back seats and trust me SOMEBODY will squeeze themselves back there before paying for an uber or have to use their own car to get somewhere. You can stand your ground and say "nope. I don't care that theres two seats you can kinda sorta fit into YOU aint going" and now you gotta endure the guilt trip of making somebody come up with their own solution or worse you literally leave them somewhere when in their eyes you HAD seats to carry them. It sucks.

NOW fast forward to my car with zero back seats . I can say "sorry my car has only two seats I cannot legally or safely transport you. The same thing I would say if i had a 350z, miata or a corvette.

Yeah the price is a little strange in the grand scheme of things but once i crossed into the "toy car" character of things. I sleep well at night having my car be the car I want it to be.

fin.

JG M1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1965 Unique Cobra Replicar
I have another two seater. I wanted the tiny rear seats in the Mach 1 for the grand kids while they still fit!

Last edited:

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
ordered with Rear seat delete. Had a 2014 and no adult ever sat back there, my daughter did when she was 7,8 and hated it. The 2014 was my garage queen, not daily.

Sponsored

yjfang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 600A, HP, Tremec, Recaros, RSD
One of the things that I like about the Mustang (vs. Supra, Z, C8, etc.) is that for a real sports car, it is still practical with tolerable rear seats and real trunk.

Having dealt with all of the shenanigans buying a GT500, I ended up going with a slightly used Mach 1 that has the RSD (along with Tramec, HP, Recaros). I was a little hesitant at first but the look grew on me (standard on GT350R and GT500 CFTP) and thought of all the times we would ever need to or want to sit in the back seats (never). We also have an F150 and might order a 4Dr Bronco down the road.

Today, I see the RSD as a unique, rare option that doesn't get in the way of practicality. It also serves as a good storage bin for your backpacks and shit.

Last edited:

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
It's kinda funny how you actually lose space but gain space with the RSD. Being able to fold down the rear seat makes it a whole lot easier getting golf clubs in vs having a rear seat delete does. 😆

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
The kit from Ford Performance is over $1k. I’d say a 75% discount for it is a steal!
Exactly, it’s cheaper to option than buy later, they remove the ancillary parts that are more work than just taking out the back/bottom cushions. You do loose the flip down capability but if you want to take the seats out you have to/should install a panel to close out the trunk area anyway.

I selected it on my build (currently in production) and I’m thankful Ford made it an option … along with the ability to get cloth Recarros. To each their own.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I kind of wish I had gotten it, but for now my 6yo fits back there, allowed us to take it to the lake last week instead of the 4runner.

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, SPF Cobra, 23 Jeep JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram
I opted for the rear seat delete. For the 7 years I owned my '07 GT, I had 1 person sit in the back seat for all of one 5 mile trip. As a bonus, my window sticker says " 2-PASSENGER SPORTS CAR".
Sponsored