Sponsored

Rear lower valence removal (Active exhaust repairs)

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I need to figure out why my active exhaust is not work working. Can I remove the lower valence without removing the rear bumper? I reallllllly do not want to have to remove the bumper to get access.
Sponsored

Hahny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
It’s most likely your passenger side muffler. The plug-in is so tight against the metal that it probably rubbed the shielding off of the harness and caused your fuse to blow. I had it happen to me several times. The trick is to use some clear silicone around the exposed wires. This will aid in insulating the bare wires. And you don’t need to remove the rear valance or bumper to access the active valve actuator. Just jack up the rear and you should have plenty of room.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
It’s most likely your passenger side muffler. The plug-in is so tight against the metal that it probably rubbed the shielding off of the harness and caused your fuse to blow. I had it happen to me several times. The trick is to use some clear silicone around the exposed wires. This will aid in insulating the bare wires. And you don’t need to remove the rear valance or bumper to access the active valve actuator. Just jack up the rear and you should have plenty of room.
Plenty of room? Maybe I was cursed with giant hands. The fuse is good the dealer replaced the actuator but its not moving, So I need to see what is up, im guessing they installed it wrong if that is possible.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Did you modify the exhaust? If so, check your actuator wires. Jack the car up, then it's just a bunch of push pins to remove the rear diffuser, and then it's pretty clear access. TBH, you should be able to remove the passenger side push pins and pull down and have plenty of access. That's how I did it.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Did you modify the exhaust? If so, check your actuator wires. Jack the car up, then it's just a bunch of push pins to remove the rear diffuser, and then it's pretty clear access. TBH, you should be able to remove the passenger side push pins and pull down and have plenty of access. That's how I did it.
No its stock, I removed the motor to see if it moved and it didnt but that might no be a valid test.
Sponsored