Sponsored

Rear Ended, seeking advice

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
It could if the rear diff and driveshaft got jammed forward, damaging the cradle, transmission, diff, driveshaft, etc.
They will put it on a jig. They can fix this. The issue is as they get into the job and fine more items the cost could hit the threshold for totalling the car. I don't think they are there yet. We shall see
Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
What does it being rear-wheel drive have to do with anything?

0 chance if you take it to a good shop.
0 chance? i'd hope they total the car. define "reputable" because most of those miss shit all the time.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, MB A250 4Matic W177, Mazda MX-5 ND
Have it fixed, cars are durable items.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Take it to a "in network" shop. That way your insurance will cover damage that shows up later. I Fucked up that way once.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
My God that didn't touch the drivetrain. It'll be fine. If anything, it might have torn a rubber bushing/mount.
Just take it to a Good shop that stands behind their work. Hint they will not be on the insurance co. referral list.

Sponsored

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
In case it hasn't been said, make sure you get "depreciated value" from your ins co. This is the estimate to how much money you will lose when you sell. Good luck man, sorry this happened.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
0 chance? i'd hope they total the car. define "reputable" because most of those miss shit all the time.
"Reputable"; a business that is well-known for doing great work. Where people with expensive cars get their cars fixed.

If you've sent cars to body shops enough times to know which ones "miss shit all the time", that's pretty fucked up.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
"Reputable"; a business that is well-known for doing great work. Where people with expensive cars get their cars fixed.

If you've sent cars to body shops enough times to know which ones "miss shit all the time", that's pretty fucked up.
Most body shops are trash.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
with standards as low as yours im sure i know of plenty you'd be happy with.
What a bizarre thing to say.

Anyways, I don't go around crashing into this and that, so I don't have a fucking list of experiences with the local shops. When someone hit me, I went here.

I asked my C&C folks, who drive Porsches, Lambos, Ferraris, Astons, etc. where to take my car, and that was the place.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Take it to a dealership. Walk into the sales department and tell them you just dropped off a car for repairs but hope it is totaled so you can buy a new one.

Sit back and watch capitalism do it’s thing.
This is such brilliant idea, honestly regret not doing that initially.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Maybe the ones you take your business to.
for the masses most body shops being trash isn't a problem. I doubt you'd notice most of the things I do. its a curse, honestly. blame autism.

as a general rule, most body shops are trash. to argue that and then to also argue "well you have to be choosy about where you go" is to argue and prove the point at the same time.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package
Hello all,

I was recently rear ended by a big delivery van and the majority of the impact was concentrated on the left rear end of the bumper.

I initially assumed and hoped for a total loss, and everyone was telling me it was gonna be a total loss initially as I know this car is going to lose value and may have issues that won’t appear later.

Now both the insurance and Body shop looked at it and have stated it is repairable but borderline total loss.

the thing is I am concerned that even if the body of this car is repaired and looks immaculate, the car itself is going to have issues with the transmission, suspension etc that is going to end up costing me money down the ljne to repair, due to the fact that this is a rear wheel drive. I expressed that I had concerns over this but neither the bodyshop I initially took it too helped ease my concerns. It doesn’t seem like they took a good look at the drivetrain. I want to take it to a different shop to get a second opinion but insurance and the shop are making it diffiCult. I am in san jose ca

based on these pictures, how likely is it that there could be some underlying damage to the suspension, axle transmission etc? I would hate to have this claim settled and then dealing with issues down the line. The body shop said the frame is still ok.

IMG_2401.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_7326.jpeg
Well, if they won't total it out, take it to a very good body shop and let them fix it on the other party's dime (insurance). Then, if you aren't satisfied or still concerned, consider trading it in for another Mustang. Downside to that is you may not get full trade in value because it was in a wreck. But if you can get diminished value from insurance compensation that may offset the trade in value loss.. As for selecting a very good shop, maybe go to your local Porche dealer and ask they were they would take a new Porche for body work.....
Sponsored