Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I think the key statement there was NEED to work at Walmart into your 80s. Obviously if someone wanted to do it that is another story, but having to do it because you have no other finances and need to make ends meet is sad business.

Chris
Ive got a guy that works with me thats 82. Been at that particular contract since 2000. Vietnam vet. Im guessing his retirement isn't enough or he's one of those "work till i die" types.
Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Looks like you already have your "baby". Now it's time to enjoy other aspects of life. Picking up a hobby can be just as invigorating as working a great job or driving a new car or traveling overseas. That's what I plan to do down the road... indulge my hobbies.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
heck don't worry about the mustang. You have a cool car and are about to retire. Go spend all the time you can with what matters in life. Your family. Maybe the mustang would just put that much more distance between what matters in your life. Spend that time and money with your wife doing things yall enjoy.

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
That Chevy is beautiful...I love the classics! :thumbsup:

Canktm25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
15' Ruby Red GT Premium PP leather Recaros
can't take the money when you die.
Exactly, there was a man 1 mile down the road from me who died last June at 92 years old. He drove an '07 Yaris looked for spare wood on road sides to heat his meager home turns out he was worth 8 million... Get what you want live now!!!

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Get an easy pt job, work just enough to pay for the car. Then enjoy the car! The longer people work the longer they usually live.

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I don't ever plan on retiring (I'm one of those work-'til-I-die types), but I would totally love to travel -- when I think about my fondest memories, it's of things like seeing the canals of St. Petersburg or the Hagia Sofia in Istanbul or Angkor Wat or drinking Guiness out of the taps in Dublin. The moments are fleeting, but the memories definitely last you the rest of your life. Conversely, I don't really have fond memories of the big television that I bought or any other physical things.
Right on, brother. I for one find conversations a whole lot more interesting among well-traveled peeps. Great stories and adventures. Not so true for those provincial types that never venture more than twenty miles from home. What have they got to talk about? Their fuel economy? The weather? What the local team has done for them? Yawn… Just sayin'...

Skullbussa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT-R
THere is no way I would risk my financial well-being for a car, and especially a MUSTANG.

Now a 911 Turbo is maybe another story...

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
l guess I'm in the camp that says be financially smart but don't deny yourself some pleasures in life. I bought my Mustang before I plan on retiring so that I could have it paid for when I do retire. That is not to say that I won't buy another car sometime in the future while I'm retired.

I plan on enjoying my money in retirement and don't feel the need to leave any of it to my kids. My fiancee has her own pension and 401K just as I do so she will be okay as well.

I don't want to be that guy that denied myself some pleasures in life only to die with a stash of money.

Wayne

Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Interesting thread. I sometimes feel guilty on buying so many cars over the years. My Dad asked me once...why? He asked me how many cars have I owned. I made a list...and presented it to him. Didn't know myself. Now I keep it updated!!

After 12 yrs I wanted a Mustang again...had 8 prior. I talked to my wife about it...and mentioned "I'm not getting any younger!"...she said "why not...go for it.' ONE of my problems is that she is so accommodating. I always run the $$ #'s by her and ask what she thinks...and I act real guilty....and she always says..."why not...do it!" So, I bought my '14 GT Prem. and spent too much on mods really. And now I have a '15 sitting at the "shipping lot" at Ford.

So, then I'm left with the "little things" on my shoulders talking in to my ears. Yes....no....yes.....no. I keep saying that this will be the last one for awhile......I think I've said that....hmmmmm.....many times!!

As I told my Dad...I don't smoke, don't waste money on booze or drugs, my "vice" is cars. Not like you..."Dad, how much have you lost in Vegas over the years!" He doesn't like when I bring that up!!!

Inheritance money keeps me thinking all will be OK...just don't know WHEN that will be!! Only God knows....lol......!!!!!!!
Sounds like she's a keeper. My ex would raise heck at the idea of a new car. The purchase of the 15 was made completely on my own lol. Felt good.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I talked to my wife about it...and mentioned "I'm not getting any younger!"...she said "why not...go for it.' ONE of my problems is that she is so accommodating. I always run the $$ #'s by her and ask what she thinks...and I act real guilty....and she always says..."why not...do it!"
This.

Everytime I decide to buy a new toy, my wife WILL NOT play devil's advocate. She just smiles and says "Go for it." If it wasn't for me practicing a little bit of maturity, I would have already supercharged the damn car. My last car made it 4000 miles before I had the motor built and jammed a massive turbo under the hood.

Accomodating wives are great, but they will allow you to go a little over board.

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
You have worked hard for what you have, while i will never jeopardize my retirement I always get what i want because I plan ahead. I have been planning this purchase since i knew both of my sons would be gone before this year.....
Sponsored