Realistic value for my GT500

DoorMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 Ram TRX
Getting older and transitioning into other areas of interest. I’m going to sell my car and trying to decide a fair value in today’s market. I have a 2020 GT500 CFTP painted stripe that you can see in my signature. It currently has 3,000 miles. I’m the third owner and purchased it in 8/22 with 800 miles. The car has never been tracked. Hell when I bought it the shipping blocks were still in place. It was owned by the Audi dealership GM. The car did not come with the splitter wickers or owners kit. This is what I have done to it. ALL exterior pieces have been replaced with Anderson Composite carbon fiber pieces including the front fenders. It has PPF on the first have of the car. It will come with all the OEM parts that were replaced with the carbon fiber. Only interior change was the replacement of the console with carbon fiber. All the exterior carbon fiber has PPF except the last additions around the headlights. The imperfections are some leather scratches on the drivers seat where the seatbelt crosses (there when I bought it) and it looks like a clip popped loose on the passenger rocker panel splitter which makes it about a 1/4” lower than it should be. I would rate the PPF job on the carbon fiber fenders a 6/10. The PPF that was in place when I bought it is much better. I’m not interested in listing it on BAT would like to sell it to another enthusiast at a little less then market. Also for anyone’s peace of mind it has the transferable 7 year/36,000 Flood ESP, don’t remember if the deductible is $100 or $200. This car is a beast.
Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sick car, I am sure it will fetch a pretty penny. I have no idea what something like that is worth, but you will get every penny you want, especially since you have all the factory parts.

GLWS!

OP
OP
DoorMan

DoorMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 Ram TRX
Getting older and transitioning into other areas of interest. I’m going to sell my car and trying to decide a fair value in today’s market. I have a 2020 GT500 CFTP painted stripe that you can see in my signature. It currently has 3,000 miles. I’m the third owner and purchased it in 8/22 with 800 miles. The car has never been tracked. Hell when I bought it the shipping blocks were still in place. It was owned by the Audi dealership GM. The car did not come with the splitter wickers or owners kit. This is what I have done to it. ALL exterior pieces have been replaced with Anderson Composite carbon fiber pieces including the front fenders. It has PPF on the first have of the car. It will come with all the OEM parts that were replaced with the carbon fiber. Only interior change was the replacement of the console with carbon fiber. All the exterior carbon fiber has PPF except the last additions around the headlights. The imperfections are some leather scratches on the drivers seat where the seatbelt crosses (there when I bought it) and it looks like a clip popped loose on the passenger rocker panel splitter which makes it about a 1/4” lower than it should be. I would rate the PPF job on the carbon fiber fenders a 6/10. The PPF that was in place when I bought it is much better. I’m not interested in listing it on BAT would like to sell it to another enthusiast at a little less then market. Also for anyone’s peace of mind it has the transferable 7 year/36,000 Flood ESP, don’t remember if the deductible is $100 or $200. This car is a beast.
And to add. I’m realistic guys. I don’t expect to get near what I have in it.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You probably already know this. The mods hurt the value a bit, but not as bad as if they were to the power train. Unmolested, very good condition, low to mid nineties. You’d most likely be in that range on BAT but then add the buyers five percent. All that said I’d say high 80’s to 90ish. Many think BAT sets the market on values, but that’s not correct. Many cars trade privately for much higher, and obviously lower. It really depends on how fast of a sale you want. I’m sure you know all of this as well. I’d call Lawrence Motorsports and see what they’d offer. That’ll give you a good baseline. This part will tweek some, but many on here without these cars will throw out uneducated values. Some of that comes from lack of knowledge and some from the can’t afford it crowd. A painted car like yours with tasteful mods shouldn’t be a difficult sale. Best of luck.

https://www.lawrencemotorsport.com/

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
A dealer here in the Chicago area just recently sold a low mile CFTP, no mods, also painted stripe. Asking price was $115k if I recall correctly and they usually get close to or at their ask. You’ve got some mods so that does detract a little bit. So I think Charlie’s estimate of low to mid $90k’s is spot on if you’re selling to a dealer. Private party you can probably get a little more, maybe high $90k’s. Lawrence is a good one to talk to. Diamond Motorworks is the dealer that I reference above. They’re also always looking for good, higher end cars. I’d call those two and maybe a few more and that will give you a good idea (can even pit them against each other and try to get a little more that way too). Good luck!

https://www.diamondmotorworks.com/

Sponsored

OP
OP
DoorMan

DoorMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 Ram TRX
You probably already know this. The mods hurt the value a bit, but not as bad as if they were to the power train. Unmolested, very good condition, low to mid nineties. You’d most likely be in that range on BAT but then add the buyers five percent. All that said I’d say high 80’s to 90ish. Many think BAT sets the market on values, but that’s not correct. Many cars trade privately for much higher, and obviously lower. It really depends on how fast of a sale you want. I’m sure you know all of this as well. I’d call Lawrence Motorsports and see what they’d offer. That’ll give you a good baseline. This part will tweek some, but many on here without these cars will throw out uneducated values. Some of that comes from lack of knowledge and some from the can’t afford it crowd. A painted car like yours with tasteful mods shouldn’t be a difficult sale. Best of luck.

https://www.lawrencemotorsport.com/
Thanks for the Lawrence link. I perused them back in the day when I was in the market for one. I do agree with your valuation. At least with the mods, I have everything to return it to stock. I know I could maximize my value by returning it to stock and selling the carbon fiber parts separately. Just not worth the time and effort to me. I have easier ways use my time to make coin.

OP
OP
DoorMan

DoorMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 Ram TRX
A dealer here in the Chicago area just recently sold a low mile CFTP, no mods, also painted stripe. Asking price was $115k if I recall correctly and they usually get close to or at their ask. You’ve got some mods so that does detract a little bit. So I think Charlie’s estimate of low to mid $90k’s is spot on if you’re selling to a dealer. Private party you can probably get a little more, maybe high $90k’s. Lawrence is a good one to talk to. Diamond Motorworks is the dealer that I reference above. They’re also always looking for good, higher end cars. I’d call those two and maybe a few more and that will give you a good idea (can even pit them against each other and try to get a little more that way too). Good luck!

https://www.diamondmotorworks.com/
Thank you for the link and I do agree with you.

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds completely ruined to me OP, I’ll give you twenty bucks and cuppa coffee.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Black stripes, or blue? Kind of hard to make out in the avatar pic.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
$90s for sure. Maybe 100k to the right person. $80s.... too low.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi... I run the sales dept at my dealership. Here is JD power (what banks are using) breakdown for clean trade and clean retail...

2020 GT500 Clean trade/retail: $59,375/$69,600 add for: CFTP +$8,600/$9,075 add for NAV and B/O sound: $500/$550 add for: mileage class II +$4,200 Total clean trade: $$72,675/ Retail $83,425

Now I know the car is worth more to the market, but those values determine what a bank will loan on the car. 125% of that retail figure is total what the bank will loan ($104,281.25). Use this as a guide, sell the car privately if you have the time or inclination. The guy who said low 90s is spot on IMO.

OP
OP
DoorMan

DoorMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 Ram TRX
Hi... I run the sales dept at my dealership. Here is JD power (what banks are using) breakdown for clean trade and clean retail...

2020 GT500 Clean trade/retail: $59,375/$69,600 add for: CFTP +$8,600/$9,075 add for NAV and B/O sound: $500/$550 add for: mileage class II +$4,200 Total clean trade: $$72,675/ Retail $83,425

Now I know the car is worth more to the market, but those values determine what a bank will loan on the car. 125% of that retail figure is total what the bank will loan ($104,281.25). Use this as a guide, sell the car privately if you have the time or inclination. The guy who said low 90s is spot on IMO.
Thanks for the info.

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
why don't you take off the mods and sell separately?
Sponsored