Sponsored

Rattle coming from passenger side

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello all,

I've been getting some good input from you guys, so I thought I share another problem, in hopes that someone can diagnose the problem.

I've been hearing rattle coming from the passenger side. It happens whenever I hit a bump of any degree. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger seat. Anyone with any idea?

Have had 4 problems from just barely 2 weeks of owning the car (barely 600 miles). I love the car, but the quality is just terrible. People have warned me about Ford. Starting to wonder if I should have heed their warnings.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

castle207

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have the same issue. From the driver's side, it comes from the chromed rpm meter. When it rattles, I just hold it and the noise goes away but it does not solve the issue. For the passenger's side, my friend pinpoint the noise from the gray trim panel right above the glove box compartment. I took it to the dealer to have it fixed, but unfortunately the noise did not come up when the mechanic drove the vehicle. I notice the issue rises when you try to speed and RPMs increase. Take it to the dealer and see if they can fix it. Let me us know how it goes please. good luck

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
He you check the seat to see if it is 100% secure and doesn't move if you try to move it? Ensure all the bolts are tight.

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Mustang Ecoboost
Hello all,

I've been getting some good input from you guys, so I thought I share another problem, in hopes that someone can diagnose the problem.

I've been hearing rattle coming from the passenger side. It happens whenever I hit a bump of any degree. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger seat. Anyone with any idea?

Have had 4 problems from just barely 2 weeks of owning the car (barely 600 miles). I love the car, but the quality is just terrible. People have warned me about Ford. Starting to wonder if I should have heed their warnings.

Any help would be appreciated.
I experienced this and found it to be the passanger seat belt was tapping on the side panel, while it was doing it i grabbed the seat belt and it stoped. Try to replicate the noise and then hold the seat belt.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi guys,

It wasn't the seatbelt at all. I tried it. The rattle is gone now. I took it to the dealership, the service man wanted to drive with me to hear it. I told him he'll have to sit at the back seat, which he did. But to get back there, the passenger seat had to be adjusted. I guess during the adjustment, it did something and the rattle is gone.

So, try that guys. Or, have a 6 1 and 220 pound guy sit at the back for about a mile. :)

Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored