Rail dust!?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
How bad have you guys had it? My last two fords have been covered terribly. The pic below is of half the trunk. The hood was insanely bad and I can't get all of it out, the rest of the car is good now. I'm gonna bring it back to the dealer for them to take care of it. If they fail then I'll break out the bottle of Iron X and go townies I guess.

Here is a pic I took after doing half the trunk
Sponsored

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
WOW I washed my car yesterday. Then used a clay bar on my paint and glass yesterday. It was nowhere near as bad as that!

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Good lord, that's a lot of contamination! Mine was nowhere near that bad, and I have white so I would be able to see it. I don't use a traditional clay bar so I don't really know what was pulled out, but I'm sure it was close to what you had.

OP
OP

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
WOW I washed my car yesterday. Then used a clay bar on my paint and glass yesterday. It was nowhere near as bad as that!
It's cloudy out so I figured wtf, I'll wash the car now and give it the Iron X treatment and let it really sit and work. I'm pretty sure all the metal is out now. I can't see the contamination anymore at least. I'll be positive when I go over the car with some wax in the next couple days.

Good lord, that's a lot of contamination! Mine was nowhere near that bad, and I have white so I would be able to see it. I don't use a traditional clay bar so I don't really know what was pulled out, but I'm sure it was close to what you had.
My white 13 F150 was way worse than my Mustang. I actually brought it back to the dealer to get a full buff. They got most of it out, and then I finished up with the Iron X to get the leftover debris out. Ford really needs to do a better job protecting its cars for transport.

Anyone that has bad rail dust/metal contamination needs to pick up a bottle of Iron X. The stuff works great!

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You know what Jeff, the dealer is right in front of train tracks. My car was traded from another dealer and sat inside for two days. Being this and your F150 were that way I bet it is from sitting at the dealer.

Iron X and others work awesome. I use a similar product on my wheels constantly. Cleans them better than anything else I have ever used.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You know what Jeff, the dealer is right in front of train tracks. My car was traded from another dealer and sat inside for two days. Being this and your F150 were that way I bet it is from sitting at the dealer.

Iron X and others work awesome. I use a similar product on my wheels constantly. Cleans them better than anything else I have ever used.
John had my truck delivered from Ohio on a dealer trade. It wasn't on his lot for more than a day, and like I said, my F150 was a lot worse than this new mustang. Maybe I just got unlucky and my two vehicles were in a bad spot on the train...haha!

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Rail dust was a huge problem we had at the dealer even back in 2004. Almost all of the 2004 white cars and trucks were badly affected. I guess it's still happening

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
Mine was terrible also. I used IronX and clay bar, worked real good but took some time.
Sponsored