R/T Scat pack..still fat..no threat

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Plus the 5.7/6.4 do not respond well to mods. Ask me how I know.
Considering all the 1000+ HP Hemi's there are out there can't see how you can say that.
Sponsored

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Mustang for sure has easier potential though ^

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Considering all the 1000+ HP Hemi's there are out there can't see how you can say that.
I've heard you can get quite a few more ponies just with opening up the exhaust.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Sadly the hellcats going to be a threat to our 350...

Sponsored

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
In a straight line, yeah, there are few cars that aren't threatened by the 707-horsepower Hellcat; however, I don't think it'll even be a contest when a curve or two are thrown in.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Its a shame the Challengers are so heavy! 700lbs heavier then my 2015 Turbo Mustang.. I had a 2010 R/T in Torred red liked the car but it was slow for a v8 good cruzer tho and really sharp with a nice set of 20 or 22' wheels on that big body they look great!!. Its crazy to think with just a Tune my 2015 Mustang EcoBoost with half the cylinders and for alot less money is as fast if not faster then this scat pack. Then if you go money for money and i add $13k (paid $27k otd for my PP mustang) in mods over the years to equal the $40k of the scat pack Challenger i wonder how fast my car would be then?

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
In a straight line, yeah, there are few cars that aren't threatened by the 707-horsepower Hellcat; however, I don't think it'll even be a contest when a curve or two are thrown in.
IRL situations will only be stop light to stop light... Kinda sad ford has said anything about a new gt500 to compare...

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its a shame the Challengers are so heavy! 700lbs heavier then my 2015 Turbo Mustang.. I had a 2010 R/T in Torred red liked the car but it was slow for a v8 good cruzer tho and really sharp with a nice set of 20 or 22' wheels on that big body they look great!!. Its crazy to think with just a Tune my 2015 Mustang EcoBoost with half the cylinders and for alot less money is as fast if not faster then this scat pack. Then if you go money for money and i add $13k (paid $27k otd for my PP mustang) in mods over the years to equal the $40k of the scat pack Challenger i wonder how fast my car would be then?

You're talking $13k worth of mods to get you into the low 12's to compete on the strip with an A8 scat pack. Certainly doable, but you'd probably lose some street driveability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're talking $13k worth of mods to get you into the low 12's to compete on the strip with an A8 scat pack. Certainly doable, but you'd probably lose some street driveability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What?? LOL... No way.. you might want to check out some tuners out there and the times there getting with the new 4 cylinder Turbo Mustang. Livernois is down in the 11's already just with Tune, drag radials and race gas! There down in the mid 12's with just a Tune and radials. I believe Bama is down to 12.1 with there tune and bolt ons and radials with there latest video! $13k worth of future mods for this car that are not even out yet over the next 5 years or so and the car would be alot faster then that.. especially when the bigger turbos and big boy mods start getting released. Turbo cars are a different animal all together then a normal N/A engine there much more responsive to mods for alot less money. ALso were would i loose street driveability at? I got the Performance package with amazing with stiffer racing springs and the amazing IRS the 2015's have and 355 gears.

Sponsored

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What?? LOL... No way.. you might want to check out some tuners out there and the times there getting with the new 4 cylinder Turbo Mustang. Livernois is down in the 11's already just with Tune, drag radials and race gas! There down in the mid 12's with just a Tune and radials. I believe Bama is down to 12.1 with there tune and bolt ons and radials with there latest video! $13k worth of future mods for this car that are not even out yet over the next 5 years or so and the car would be alot faster then that.. especially when the bigger turbos and big boy mods start getting released. Turbo cars are a different animal all together then a normal N/A engine there much more responsive to mods for alot less money. ALso were would i loose street driveability at? I got the Performance package with amazing with stiffer racing springs and the amazing IRS the 2015's have and 355 gears.
Those tunes are running like 22+ lbs of boost. I must say I had not seen the livernois car, only the bama tuned ecoboost that ran a 12.98. Regardless, I feel like that's a ton of boost to run on the street all the time.

Lastly, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I do not know too much about turbo's.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those tunes are running like 22+ lbs of boost. I must say I had not seen the livernois car, only the bama tuned ecoboost that ran a 12.98. Regardless, I feel like that's a ton of boost to run on the street all the time.

Lastly, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I do not know too much about turbo's.
Thats Bamas first test tune old video there down to 12.1 already. Livernois is at 20 lbs of boost in there Tune. Stock is 19lbs of boost. But in reality turning up the boost reguardless is part of a tune when it comes to turbo cars. Thats the advantage over a N/A car. Plus These Turbo Mustangs come with forged internals from the factory they were ment to be tuned heck even FORD is working on a tuner for this car as we speak that will be covered under warranty.

BlueCoyote13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
Anybody comparing the performance of these two cars is completely missing the point of each car. I am sure that they will both be class-dominating cars in their own right as they both have special power plants that will own the pavement each was intended for. But I will cringe every time I hear someone either boasting or lamenting the fact that the Hellcat has a faster 1/4 time (and probably every other measure of straight-line performance) than the GT350. The GT350's playground will be a place where very few Hellcats will even set foot in.

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anybody comparing the performance of these two cars is completely missing the point of each car. I am sure that they will both be class-dominating cars in their own right as they both have special power plants that will own the pavement each was intended for. But I will cringe every time I hear someone either boasting or lamenting the fact that the Hellcat has a faster 1/4 time (and probably every other measure of straight-line performance) than the GT350. The GT350's playground will be a place where very few Hellcats will even set foot in.
Totally agree. Dumb comparison really. The GT350 is a track oriented car. It's made for fast lap times, not 1/4 mile times.

BlueCoyote13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
IRL situations will only be stop light to stop light... Kinda sad ford has said anything about a new gt500 to compare...
Any GT350 owner worthy of the vehicle will know and respect the capabilities of both cars and should not be flat-out racing the cars on public roads. There is a time and a place to unleash the full capabilities of each car but a public road is not it. If I were a GT350 owner and I came up on a Hellcat at a stop light one night, I would just smile and nod and be on my way. Like Mo Farah tipping his cap to Usain Bolt.
Sponsored