Sponsored

R logo, thoughts?

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I know there's been another thread with a different R logo added. My friend whipped this one up for me on a whim. It's funny how many people say things like
"beautiful car but I'd prefer an R"
"I thought you said it was an R?"
"Are you sure this is an R?"

I'm not a big fan of altering badging but this idea is growing on me since it's subtle.
R Logo.JPG
Sponsored

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
I know there's been another thread with a different R logo added. My friend whipped this one up for me on a whim. It's funny how many people say things like

I'm not a big fan of altering badging but this idea is growing on me since it's subtle.
It is very subtle thus why i feel you could get away with this. I am happy leaving mine the way it is but personal tastes is what makes us. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
geb78

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Simple & tasteful. Looks good! I think the sizing needs to be slightly readjusted but other than that I'd do it!
Agreed, he threw it together in about 10 min or so. If I end up keeping it on he could get the sizing spot on. I think the 3D nature of the 350 logo makes the R look smaller also.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

That actually looks pretty good. Looks like it needs to be a bit bigger, and the width stretched a little to match the OEM badge.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Agree, same font and size would be best.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think it looks good; make it exact same font size. Ford should have done that from the start. SUBTLY.

And by the way, what bench racing douche nozzle who doesn't own one of these says "I'd prefer the R" like a pretentious asshole? I'd be saying "show me your GT350 and then we can talk, till then, go back to your datstancelyfdoe and shut up."

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Nice! I was actually interested in seeing how this exact idea would look, I don't know why Ford didn't do this in the first place with the R. When you fix the sizing however you might need to shift the whole emblem to the left to evenly space it on either side, otherwise the larger 'R' might look tacked on.

My other thought was just to debadge the sides. :D

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Nice! I was actually interested in seeing how this exact idea would look, I don't know why Ford didn't do this in the first place with the R. When you fix the sizing however you might need to shift the whole emblem to the left to evenly space it on either side, otherwise the larger 'R' might look tacked on.

My other thought was just to debadge the sides. :D
Don't have an R, but I did want to debadge the sides. It's aligned with pin holes in the fender... :doh: