Sponsored

R Hubs? R Spec suspension questions.

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
What advantage is there to going to front R rubs? Besides the longer studs?

I’m looking to use some of the r spec suspension parts (rear sway, springs) and go r spec on a set of forgeline GS1Rs.

Trying to piece the puzzle all together...lots of info out there but it’s hard to side through it.

Anybody have a comprehensive parts list?

FR3Z-5560-P & FR3Z-5560-T Left and Right Rear Springs
FR3Z-5310-M (x2) Front Springs

FR3Z-5A772-G rear sway bar
FR3Z-1109-A front hub
Sponsored

Norton961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
No advantage to the R hubs other than lug length which you don’t need with the Forgeline wheels.
If you want longer lug studs get ARP or MSI.

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Is there an aftermarket hub you run up front that allows you to run a square setup without spacers?

Norton961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Is there an aftermarket hub you run up front that allows you to run a square setup without spacers?
Nope.
I have 2 sets of Forgeline wheels.
I run 11x19 and a second set for track slicks on 11x18.
I don’t like using spacers myself.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
The only advantage of getting R hubs over getting longer studs is that you can keep your OEM hubs if you ever want to switch back. No need for a hydraulic press. I think the studs on the R hubs are longer than the ARP studs but I'm not sure.

Here's a picture of my Non-R hub next to the R hub that I swapped out.

picture.jpg

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The only advantage of getting R hubs over getting longer studs is that you can keep your OEM hubs if you ever want to switch back. No need for a hydraulic press. I think the studs on the R hubs are longer than the ARP studs but I'm not sure.

Here's a picture of my Non-R hub next to the R hub that I swapped out.

picture.jpg
they are longer

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
From a conversation Paul A and I had at PK Auto

So a quick thing why is the R front hub different then the standard GT350. The 3" studs that come on the R are there because the Carbon wheels require the lug nut to sit on the face of the wheel not inside the hole. So to ensure that the lug nut sits on metal it sits a further 1" out hence the additional 1" longer stud.

Now the regular Gt350 does not need that so you are fine hence why we use closed ended lug nuts, while the GT350R uses open ended lug nuts front and back when they use any other wheel then the factor R wheels.

Paul A.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
From a conversation Paul A and I had at PK Auto

So a quick thing why is the R front hub different then the standard GT350. The 3" studs that come on the R are there because the Carbon wheels require the lug nut to sit on the face of the wheel not inside the hole. So to ensure that the lug nut sits on metal it sits a further 1" out hence the additional 1" longer stud.

Now the regular Gt350 does not need that so you are fine hence why we use closed ended lug nuts, while the GT350R uses open ended lug nuts front and back when they use any other wheel then the factor R wheels.

Paul A.
The R uses the exact same lug nuts as a standard GT350 that are also shared on the Mustang GT