Sponsored

Quick questions - defaults on start up?

Maka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I know this is in the manual somewhere but haven't looked thru it yet.

Other than the exhaust defaulting to normal on start up, are there any other settings that also switch back to a default (steering mode? Etc?).

Also, what's the difference between the damper setting switch on the steering wheel and the normal/sport/weather/track/drag strip settings? (And what does drag strip do?).

Thx. (Yes I will read the manual soon :))
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Everything defaults to Normal when the car is started.
The single switches for steering and damper allow only those changes without changing the other conditions associated with Sport or Track mode.
Drag strip mode allows launch control and line lock to be turned on.

OP
OP

Maka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Everything defaults to Normal when the car is started.
The single switches for steering and damper allow only those changes without changing the other conditions associated with Sport or Track mode.
Drag strip mode allows launch control and line lock to be turned on.
Thank you.

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've noticed my steering mode stay in Comfort after restarting. I changed it to Comfort (steering) while in Normal overall mode. It remains after restarting the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Maka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I thought I noticed a hill assist. I like it.

Iekgoplot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Those with the tech pack on 16's, i noticed the cooled seat fan setting is saved upon restart.

Iekgoplot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Yes and it doesn't on my F150, I'm so glad it does on the Shelby!!
That's true, my F-150 doesn't either! Although it is a 2010.

Lately though, I noticed my F-150 cool seats don't really have any cool air from it when I turn it on. So I'm wondering if the blower fan isn't working or it's just busted.

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Oh my god I can't stand it. My takeoff's were worse than if I had it off.
I just drove mine through San Francisco and Hill Assist was a godsend. Hills so steep I couldn't even see the crosswalk in front of me because I was basically staring at the damn sky at the stopsigns. Plus the people behind me loved to just ride my rear bumper with almost no room for rolling back even a foot. I'm very good with a manual but these hills are nearly impossible for me without hill assist.

EDIT:
THIS one in particular pissed me off.

Iekgoplot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
It's nice that our GT350's give driver's the option to enable or disable Hill Assist based on situations and preferences!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Absolutely love Hill Assist

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I just drove mine through San Francisco and Hill Assist was a godsend. Hills so steep I couldn't even see the crosswalk in front of me because I was basically staring at the damn sky at the stopsigns. Plus the people behind me loved to just ride my rear bumper with almost no room for rolling back even a foot. I'm very good with a manual but these hills are nearly impossible for me without hill assist.

EDIT:
THIS one in particular pissed me off.
Why I like mine being yellow, people actually see the car and keep space around it. My white F150 might as well been invisible, so people paying attention is quite a change.

as for the OP, it appears that each mode will save the related steering weight selection. I've actually changed to using sport around town as Comfort is lighter, but allows the road to just hammer on you non-stop. Sport weight eats most of them. Definitely like the feel of comfort more when on a windy road as it does give more feedback.

Since I don't have magnaride, I use sport mode as my exhaust toggle. If I had it, I'd sure love to have the 4th button for exhaust as sometimes I'd want the front end to have proper damping (sport mode) without the exhaust being rude, and the reverse some other times.
Sponsored