Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
What I run on my car: http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.shtml

Once I found a station that always had E85+ I stuck with them and now just monitor the screen to be sure I'm filling up with the good stuff.
How are you tying this sensor that has a smallish ID into the fuel system for accurate sampling while allowing adequate flow for high power?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
How are you tying this sensor that has a smallish ID into the fuel system for accurate sampling while allowing adequate flow for high power?
adding it in the return line.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is why you want to test your pump e85. This particular fill up was e70, which has a stoich value of 10.7. Since this car runs a e85 tune(not flex fuel) it needs to have an accurate stoich value in the tune in order to avoid running into fuel trims that are out of spec(I personally like them to be +/-5% max).

Best way to handle it is test the e85 you use when tuning, you tuner will set the stoich value for the e% you are running, 10.7 for the picture I posted, then you dial in the MAF knowing it's accurate, from there the tuner can change the stoich to give you a tune you can swap too in case you get a different e85 percentage, Usually I would send a e60, e70, e80, and e85 file that way the customer has options in case he runs into some crappy E
19748879_1895547494038472_4187666149684463602_n.jpg

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
im used to filling 5 gallon cans for generators. How easy is it to just get a splash in a small ass container?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I keep a wide mouth gatorade bottle in my trunk, along with the test tube, a bottle of water, and a little oral syringe. Splash a little E in the gatorade bottle, use the syringe to get to the right level. Then take the bottle of water and use the syringe with that until the water is at the right level.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I keep a wide mouth gatorade bottle in my trunk, along with the test tube, a bottle of water, and a little oral syringe. Splash a little E in the gatorade bottle, use the syringe to get to the right level. Then take the bottle of water and use the syringe with that until the water is at the right level.
Better double check and make sure your testing it right. On all the ones I've bought it you put the water in first then the e85. If you do it backwards (which I have done). It'll read higher than what it is.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Better double check and make sure your testing it right. On all the ones I've bought it you put the water in first then the e85. If you do it backwards (which I have done). It'll read higher than what it is.
It won't matter, I do mine the same as you, water first, since the water line is on the bottom. But as long as the same volume of water is put in the tester, it will show the same value. What happens with the tester is the water attaches to the ethanol and not the water, this causes the ethanol to stay under the unleaded, which gives you a separation line, which tells you what the e% is since water only bonded with ethanol and not unleaded.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
It won't matter, I do mine the same as you, water first, since the water line is on the bottom. But as long as the same volume of water is put in the tester, it will show the same value. What happens with the tester is the water attaches to the ethanol and not the water, this causes the ethanol to stay under the unleaded, which gives you a separation line, which tells you what the e% is since water only bonded with ethanol and not unleaded.
If you don't put the water in first how are you supposed to know the correct amount of water is being used. As you say it has to be exact. (Ok pretty close)

It absolutely matters.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Whatever the tube says is what I do. Mine is water first, with a line. Then e85, with another line. I was just making a generalization of what I do....not exact order.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you don't put the water in first how are you supposed to know the correct amount of water is being used. As you say it has to be exact. (Ok pretty close)

It absolutely matters.
It's about volume and maintaining the correct ratio. Most testers have the water line first and the fuel line last. But you could have one with a fuel line first and water line second, the order does not matter a tester uses does not matter as long as the tester maintains the correct ratio.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
It's about volume and maintaining the correct ratio. Most testers have the water line first and the fuel line last. But you could have one with a fuel line first and water line second, the order does not matter a tester uses does not matter as long as the tester maintains the correct ratio.
dude, it's simple. Follow the instructions on the tester. I've done it wrong and was trying to make sure someone else doesn't. He said he was putting in the e85 first. (Yea yea, he said after the fact he was actually doing it right).
Sponsored