Sponsored

Question about data logs and knock sensor

mliebs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm in the process of data logging my car and chasing down what appears to be excessive knocking. The third log was taken with a different tank of gas than the second two. I also had the AC on for the first and third log. I'd like to get an idea of how far off this looks. Also the first and second file are after I fixed a rattling transmission cover last night. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
IMG_1749.jpg
IMG_1750.jpg
IMG_1751.jpg
Sponsored

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
I'm in the process of data logging my car and chasing down what appears to be excessive knocking. The third log was taken with a different tank of gas than the second two. I also had the AC on for the first and third log. I'd like to get an idea of how far off this looks. Also the first and second file are after I fixed a rattling transmission cover last night. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
IMG_1749.jpg
IMG_1750.jpg
IMG_1751.jpg
Send me your CSV files and I will take a look. Negative knock is good, that means the car is adding timing. Positive is not good.

OP
OP

mliebs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It's not allowing me to attach the files, it says there's no extension.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Setup a dropbox account or something similar.

I'm guessing you didn't put 93 octane in the tank. Before I was tuned anything less than 93 would cause me to knock alot.

Even if it is 93 it could be bad gas. If you want to make sure it's the gas go to autozone, grab a bottle of octanium made by VP racing and throw it in the tank, drive a bit and see if you knock still.

If the knock is gone it was the gas

If your still knocking alot and constantly it's either false knock from something rubbing or vibrating in your car or you have a problem.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's not allowing me to attach the files, it says there's no extension.
Change the file extension to “txt” and it will let you upload. Then whoever wants to view it just hast to change it back to the original file extension.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mliebs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Actually I only use 93 in the car so I'm not sure what the deal is. I tried changing it to txt but it still gave the error. I have the files loaded on my work tablet so I don't want to access the forum from it to see if it works. I'll try to figure it out.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Actually I only use 93 in the car so I'm not sure what the deal is. I tried changing it to txt but it still gave the error. I have the files loaded on my work tablet so I don't want to access the forum from it to see if it works. I'll try to figure it out.
Zip the file then upload it

OP
OP

mliebs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Files have been sent to BigBlue. I appreciate everyones help.
Sponsored