Sponsored

Q&A with Dave Pericak

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
If I had to guess I think that the black plastic/body paint combo style rear diffuser is going to be the standard. The only car we've seen with the solid painted rear is that Red GT. As far as I know all the rest that have made appearances have had the black plastic on the rear.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Here's a few miscellaneous tidbits, not from Pericak, but some credible sources that will remain unnamed.

• "Aggressive goals" = aggressive goals. This is not euphemistic marketing speak and work is still being done in this area.
  • Weight has been lost. This is a work in progress as stated.
  • Power increase is also a work in progress.
  • MT82 has received significant attention even though reported problems were greatly exaggerated.
  • Materials and processes used for the new platform are more advanced than have been announced at this point (hence points 1 & 2).
  • Diffuser color is trim-related on the prototypes. It may also be on production cars.
  • Interior packages will be simplified.
  • Reverse camera is standard on every car.
Great info as always, helps with some of the current burning questions

Melino

"Interior packages will be simplified"..... does this mean fewer options, more bundling or an all or nothing type deal tied to MFT?

What do you guys think?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
When a manufacturer says simplified I would guess that they mean simplified for them and their dealers. Which would translate to less packages with more stuff in them. This way the potential number of different trim combinations is reduced so it's easier for dealers to keep stock.

Sponsored

RedRex06

Threads
Reaction score
Well, making MFT tied to anything cool at all is about the only way I'd go for it. Not exactly a deal-breaker having to have it, I suppose.

Bullitt3980

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I really feel for Mr Pericak--he has to answer a lot of questions like a politician-lots of talk with no real answers. I'm sure this is all because of Fords decision to show the car so early. I've seen multiple interviews with the interviewer asking for more details and he has to deflect the question--really I wish they had just waited till April to show the car and have all the details in place.
As for the rear defuser my vote is to paint it full body colour.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
It seems there are 2 diffusers we've seen: the one with just the inner parts of diffuser painted has been most common and seen on all but 1 vehicle (in all trim levels -EB4, GT, etc). This looks like:
attachment.jpg

And then we've seen this one on a GT with Performance Pack (right??)

And then there seems to be a group of fans who are HOPING for a third version with NO body color paint. Do I have that right?

I like verison 1 in the Triple yellow example above. Followed by version 2 in red. I don't care for the non painted diffuser, unless maybe they did the same gloss as the "racetrack" around the tailights rather than matte black. But the rest of the lower side and front trim is matte black, so som
What is difference in the red vs yellow GT's interior? Red has cloth cheap radio. Yellow leather mft toggle switches. My guess is if the come with 2 bumpers I'd say base vs premium.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
When a manufacturer says simplified I would guess that they mean simplified for them and their dealers. Which would translate to less packages with more stuff in them. This way the potential number of different trim combinations is reduced so it's easier for dealers to keep stock.
Correct. I talked to a Ford rep at BJ about this. It means less boxes to check.

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
I'd like the first diffuser in black to match the rest of the bumper.

Sponsored

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Also, the Triple Yellow has a satellite radio antenna bump on the roof, whereas the (suspected) base trim red GT does not. So the full colored diffuser may in fact be a base model, so whatever trim this is, most likely wont include MFT, unless this one is just lacking the Tech Package, if thats even a seperate package option

crazyfastfreddy

Here's a few miscellaneous tidbits, not from Pericak, but some credible sources that will remain unnamed.

• "Aggressive goals" = aggressive goals. This is not euphemistic marketing speak and work is still being done in this area.
  • Weight has been lost. This is a work in progress as stated.
  • Power increase is also a work in progress.
  • MT82 has received significant attention even though reported problems were greatly exaggerated.
  • Materials and processes used for the new platform are more advanced than have been announced at this point (hence points 1 & 2).
  • Diffuser color is trim-related on the prototypes. It may also be on production cars.
  • Interior packages will be simplified.
  • Reverse camera is standard on every car.

Tressel

What is difference in the red vs yellow GT's interior? Red has cloth cheap radio. Yellow leather mft toggle switches. My guess is if the come with 2 bumpers I'd say base vs premium.
I wouldn't read too much into the pre production cars we have seen to tell us about packages and optional/standard equipment. One had Recaros and heated/cooling seats button and there were a few V8's with the boost gauge remember? something tells me they just slapped them together to show all the different options without worrying about what should go with what.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I don't have a crystal ball, but I think the black plastic on piece on the rear diffuser is likely to stay.

I've only seen the full body paint diffuser on the red GT, every other car I've seen pictures of, even on Ford's website, are mustangs sporting the black plastic on the rear diffuser.

Having only 1 have the body color diffuser verses the near dozen that have the black plastic on it would lead me to believe that's whats going to come with the mustangs. Perhaps the red GT was one of the first built and they were playing with the idea of painting the entire thing the color of the body?
Sponsored