Public Serivce Announcement about Greenway Ford

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I'm in sales at Mullinax Ford in Apopka I would be happy to help you order a New GT Using X plan pricing! Didn't get to read through all 3 pages but sorry to hear about your mishap at the other dealership.
I bought mine from Mullinax in kissimmee and they were great. No complains and would absolutely buy again from them.
Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Mullinax is one of the last major Car Dealerships operating with in the State of Florida that still is Family run and does (NOT) add on ridiculous Deal Prep or Dealer Doc. Fee`s that add $500 to $900 extra for extra markup and easy profits. You will still have to "arm wrestle" with them to get a decent valuation for your Trade-In, but that is to be expected. If you can`t sell it yourself, simply bring it to your closest CarMax and they usually will at least give you solid KBB Trade-In value for it. Just make sure it covers the Sales Tax savings by simply trading it in at your New Car Dealer to cover the 6% FL Sales Tax difference.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Executive summary: My car's not here yet, but so far Greenway has treated me as well as I'd expect, and I'm happy with them.

I normally dislike resurrecting threads that have quieted down, but I'm waiting on delivery of my new Mustang from Greenway, and so far I haven't had any reason to doubt their integrity. I'm buying on X-plan also, and the price was never in dispute. When I asked my salesperson for an out-the-door quote a couple weeks ago, I didn't get any surprises; it was the X-plan price plus tax and tag/title fees. The only thing up in the air is my trade-in price; they haven't quoted me a firm number on that yet.

The salespeople I've spoken to there (and I haven't spoken to all of them) have been polite, but I wouldn't say they were experts on the new Mustang; the guy who took me on my test drive was surprised to learn it had a back-up camera. Of course, they probably don't obsess over the car like we do ;)

Update: Car was delivered, they handled all my delivery requests (no wash, no dealer emblems stuck on it), and I love the car. Got the price for my trade in that my salesman told me before. They even swapped out the lug nuts on the wheels while we dealt with the paperwork (I got a set of black Gorilla locks to match the wheels better). I'd definitely do business with them again.

Last edited:

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Executive summary: My car's not here yet, but so far Greenway has treated me as well as I'd expect, and I'm happy with them.

I normally dislike resurrecting threads that have quieted down, but I'm waiting on delivery of my new Mustang from Greenway, and so far I haven't had any reason to doubt their integrity. I'm buying on X-plan also, and the price was never in dispute. When I asked my salesperson for an out-the-door quote a couple weeks ago, I didn't get any surprises; it was the X-plan price plus tax and tag/title fees. The only thing up in the air is my trade-in price; they haven't quoted me a firm number on that yet.

The salespeople I've spoken to there (and I haven't spoken to all of them) have been polite, but I wouldn't say they were experts on the new Mustang; the guy who took me on my test drive was surprised to learn it had a back-up camera. Of course, they probably don't obsess over the car like we do ;)
Yeah I have not found a dealership yet who will quote a firm trade in price when the trade in may not happen for 8-12 weeks.

Must_have_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
new mustang gt
Ryan, I was in your shoes on the 17th. Was going to place an order with what the salesman told me back in nov. On the day of placing the order, management step in and change their mind. I didn't get too far with the dealer. The salesman, later over the phone said he will make things right. Haven't heard back ( I figure it is all salesman talk). The deal broke when I asked to revert back to what the salesman has offered up refunded deposit, that is all I wanted was a refundable deposit written if we can't work out a reasonable apr when delivered. As I don't want my deposit to be held hostage during financing and being force to accept an inflated apr. Been there with other dealers in the past trying to pull inflated apr with good credit. As of now, i don't feel like going to more dealers to go through the same rat race and lower my credit score each time. I figure I will wait for the auto show and see what dealer has in stock to buy. Probably will get a better deal then if any.

Funny thing is, the dealer sent out a survey on my ordering experience. I didn't bother to respond...
By the way, mine was for $36,900 at invoice and plus rebate $500 To order supposely $500 down from the salesman but the dealer wanted $1,000 instead.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Must_have_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
new mustang gt
Yeah I have not found a dealership yet who will quote a firm trade in price when the trade in may not happen for 8-12 weeks.

The only way to get a firm price on trade is to let the dealer take the car... Otherwise, the dealer wouldn't want to estimate the value as auction values changes month to month.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best bet is to get Firm written estimate if you have a "clean-legit" Trade In from CarMax and then use that as leverage at your Ford Dealer. Even if they are close, you`ll save the Sales Tax reduction. Lately, most Used cars have actually been going (up) in Valuations the last month or so due to higher Auction Sales. Most Dealers won`t give you a locked in appraisal for your Trade more then 7 to 10 days before closing assuming both condition and mileage remains pretty much the same.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
The only way to get a firm price on trade is to let the dealer take the car... Otherwise, the dealer wouldn't want to estimate the value as auction values changes month to month.
In my experience in order for them to take the car early they would have to buy it outright vs trade it in a situation like this. The reason being it will take 6-12 weeks for the new car to come in. I actually sold my trade in to my dealership after negotiating a better deal to make up for the tax deduction I would have gotten on the new car purchase with a trade in.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Best bet is to get Firm written estimate if you have a "clean-legit" Trade In from CarMax and then use that as leverage at your Ford Dealer. Even if they are close, you`ll save the Sales Tax reduction. Lately, most Used cars have actually been going (up) in Valuations the last month or so due to higher Auction Sales. Most Dealers won`t give you a locked in appraisal for your Trade more then 7 to 10 days before closing assuming both condition and mileage remains pretty much the same.
Or an Auto Trader estimate. They can be a little lower than CarMax but immediately after you put it in at least 6 dealers in the area will call you looking to get your car. Then you just pit them all against each other.

Must_have_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
new mustang gt
In my experience in order for them to take the car early they would have to buy it outright vs trade it in a situation like this. The reason being it will take 6-12 weeks for the new car to come in. I actually sold my trade in to my dealership after negotiating a better deal to make up for the tax deduction I would have gotten on the new car purchase with a trade in.
Good to know... I have known folks who traded their car in advance but I am not sure how the details work out with taxes.

Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Good to know... I have known folks who traded their car in advance but I am not sure how the details work out with taxes.
I am sure there is a time frame of how long before it comes in that a person can trade in. Maybe a week or two? Not sure but you would have to do the paperwork at trade in and then wait for your car. So basically you are already paying for a car you don't have.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It all comes down to the Sales Tax savings. At 6%, trading in at 8K is like selling it to a Dealer on Auto Trader or CarMax for $8500. If your not gaining several hundred dollars of savings, it ain`t worth the time, effort, and aggravation.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
It all comes down to the Sales Tax savings. At 6%, trading in at 8K is like selling it to a Dealer on Auto Trader or CarMax for $8500. If your not gaining several hundred dollars of savings, it ain`t worth the time, effort, and aggravation.
Yup, exactly.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Bingo...

Having said that though I have had very good luck selling a few of my cars to CarMax vs trade to dealer. mostly my salesman always tells me to run it by CarMax, get a quote and then bring it by to me to have it appraised. Dealer usually...except for twice...has always matched the CarMax quote.

OP
OP

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just wanted to update that Greenway Ford contacted me and we came to a fair agreement that I'm happy with so I now have a DIB GT PP with Recaros on order.
Sponsored