Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Installed this today in my garage... my wife has been gracious about me parking the Stang in the garage as we have an older home with not quite enough space for 2 cars.......:first:
20170529_143517.jpg
20170529_143534.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
:thumbsup:thanks again.... are you invovled in any of the local or regional mustang club in your area? I almost went to the MCA event in Joliet last year at the Autobahn club but it was reallly bad/rainy weather and decided to pass....
Yup Chicagoland Mustang Club and I also autocross with Chicago SCCA as well as Tri State Sports Car Council. TSSCC has an autocross at the Lake County IL fairgrounds (just a little south of the border). You should come out!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yup Chicagoland Mustang Club and I also autocross with Chicago SCCA as well as Tri State Sports Car Council. TSSCC has an autocross at the Lake County IL fairgrounds (just a little south of the border). You should come out!
Thanks for the info.. it's about 2.5 hrs away, not too bad..

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Stinger roadkill expert works just as good as dynamat and is a bit cheaper, if you decide to add more. I have a background in car audio and have tested many products. Second skin makes amazing products as well. I've been very happy with their products but they do come at a premium. Any MLV (mass loaded vinyl) on top of the sound deadener will certainly help. You can also double up on the dynamat if you are so inclined, but the second layer won't provide as much of a difference as the first. You can also pull the rear seats and install some under there. The transmission tunnel carries a lot of noise. I installed some deadner in that area when I installed my hybrid 3 shifter and it definitely helped.

Last but not least, spray foam (great stuff brand) also works for killing noise but it is extremely messy. I've done many trunk lids and trunk areas and had great results. That's for both sound systems and making a more quiet vehicle.

If you continue on with suspension mods, you'll pick up more and more NVM.

Build looks great so far. Makes me want to start one.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Stinger roadkill expert works just as good as dynamat and is a bit cheaper, if you decide to add more. I have a background in car audio and have tested many products. Second skin makes amazing products as well. I've been very happy with their products but they do come at a premium. Any MLV (mass loaded vinyl) on top of the sound deadener will certainly help. You can also double up on the dynamat if you are so inclined, but the second layer won't provide as much of a difference as the first. You can also pull the rear seats and install some under there. The transmission tunnel carries a lot of noise. I installed some deadner in that area when I installed my hybrid 3 shifter and it definitely helped.

Last but not least, spray foam (great stuff brand) also works for killing noise but it is extremely messy. I've done many trunk lids and trunk areas and had great results. That's for both sound systems and making a more quiet vehicle.

If you continue on with suspension mods, you'll pick up more and more NVM.

Build looks great so far. Makes me want to start one.
Thanks...i am going to add some to the trans tunnel as I realized that when I installed the Barton hybrid3 shifter I did not install the provided foam insulation...i also need to remove a set of the springs as it feels too stiff for me...will add some dynamat to the trans tunnel along with the sound deadening foam

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Thanks...i am going to add some to the trans tunnel as I realized that when I installed the Barton hybrid3 shifter I did not install the provided foam insulation...i also need to remove a set of the springs as it feels too stiff for me...will add some dynamat to the trans tunnel along with the sound deadening foam
I added some to the base of the shifter as well. You definitely need to have that foam in there haha.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I added some to the base of the shifter as well. You definitely need to have that foam in there haha.
Thanks again for the feedback!.. will post soon on how the rest of it goes...

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
An update on the Exhaust... Between my work and other things I have not gotten around to update this thread. Part of me wanted to wait until i was sure of the results. First I want to say that the folks at Borla (Chris and David) have been top notch and very accomodating to try and get my issue resolved. I tried several sound dampening methods and even replaced the Borla S with a brand new identical system and still had the resonance and in-cabin noise issues. I did NOT try the Borla resonator based on BODAM's experience and the fact I did not want to do to the borla touring system... I drove down to Milwaukee to visit KWK and ride along in his S550 with a Corsa Sport system. I wasn't overly impressed with the Corsa System at first, but we didn't really do a ton of driving and it is hard to really make a full impression unless you are in the drivers seat and really work it through the paces. I had issues with headaches from the interior cabin noise/resonance on the drive down and decided I was going to move on from the borla.. The time spent did give me enough information to decide to take the leap and purchase the Corsa Sport Catback (Thanks Beefcake!). At first I felt like I was at a funeral getting rid of the Borla as I loved the deep tone and the pops/gurgles.. (which I still miss at times) It took me about a week of driving with the Corsa Sport to fall in love again. I can say without hesitation that BMACIL is spot on in his assessment. The reduction in cabin noise is amazing. Driving on the highway is a joy now as the system is very quiet. I can drop down to 5th and accelerate to hear it again if I want. In town driving you have to have the windows down to really experience it, but it is a very distinct tone.. deep but with a race car growl.. still makes noise (gurlges, back gassing) when lifting off the accelerator pedal which puts a smile on my face. The noise on accelleration and WOT is exotic but with enough muscle car growl to satisfy.. the tone is also constant all the way up with no rattling...My son made a comment that the sound fits the new modern design..vs.the old school deep muscle car tone. I wish it was just a tad louder inside of the cabin on accleration (with windows up), but otherwise I am extremely pleased with the results and will stick with this system. In the end I feel I did not have to compromise or go back to stock to get the feel, sound, and experience I was looking for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Some shots of the Corsa Sport Exhaust
20170611_183231.jpg
20170611_183247.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Lloyds Trunk Mat with Tri-Bar Pony Logo. Really nice/high quality mat. Dresses up the trunk and gives it a solid feel vs the thin felt type lining that comes stock. I love the retro full color Tri-bar pony logo and this adds a bit of class to the back. I smile every time I open the Trunk...:D:headbang:
20170611_211003.jpg
20170611_211010.jpg

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My Daughter bought me this cool Running Pony key chain for the Fob... it has some depth and thickness to it... Love how it looks and feels..... another great little add on to enhance the Mustang Experience.
20170617_082358.jpg
20170617_082409.jpg

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Did a full interior detail with Adams Interior Detailer and Lexol Leather Cleaner and conditioner. Excellent products. Also did a full Waterless wash with Chadwicks Triple Play cleaner product. I like it, but it is expensive and usually end up using way too much of it. Going to test out a few other waterless and rinseless car wash products before deciding upon a standard. Definitely like this method of cleaning over the traditional 2 bucket wash system. No stress to hurry up or keep it soaped up due to drying/water spots, etc..
20170529_003618_001.jpg
20170610_160116.jpg
20170610_160128.jpg
20170610_160153.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Some Shots outside after detailing...
20170624_134438.jpg
20170624_134457.jpg
20170624_134509.jpg

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got some photos back from Chicago Auto Pros in Glenview Illinois. I had the front bumper fascia wrapped in XPel paint protection film, then had the entire car coated with Modesta Ceramic. I am really happy with the end result. The car has been really easy to clean as I am limited on time and did not want to spend hours washing and waxing. The Modesta provides a deep, rich color depth and shine. I love looking out the rear view mirrors and seeing that glossy finish on the haunches of the back end.
DIB1.jpg
DIB2.jpg
DIB3.jpg
DIB4.jpg
DIB5.jpg
DIB6.jpg
Sponsored