Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Haha I know right? :thumbsup:
Hey Zack,

I see in your pictures above you have the premium package dash panel with the factory toggle switches and stuff. How did you manage to do the OEM swap?
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hey Zack,

I see in your pictures above you have the premium package dash panel with the factory toggle switches and stuff. How did you manage to do the OEM swap?
That is actually a prototype bezel that I made while researching plans to build an MFT swap bezel. Now that it is confirmed that the OEM MFT bezel works in base models those plans have been put on hold. You can get OEM MFT bezels off of eBay or out of a totaled vehicle.

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
That is actually a prototype bezel that I made while researching plans to build an MFT swap bezel. Now that it is confirmed that the OEM MFT bezel works in base models those plans have been put on hold. You can get OEM MFT bezels off of eBay or out of a totaled vehicle.
What about the toggle switches do they all function?
Do you also have to do the full MFT swap as well for the OEM bezel to work properly?

Do you think it would be possible to use the PP OEM Bezel but with the tomtop touchscreen?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
What about the toggle switches do they all function?
Do you also have to do the full MFT swap as well for the OEM bezel to work properly?

Do you think it would be possible to use the PP OEM Bezel but with the tomtop touchscreen?
All toggles on the OEM bezel function with the exception of the "mode" toggle as the base models are not programmed for drive modes..... yet :D

The PP dash trim should certainly be able to function with the tomtop 8" touch screen kit.

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
All toggles on the OEM bezel function with the exception of the "mode" toggle as the base models are not programmed for drive modes..... yet :D

The PP dash trim should certainly be able to function with the tomtop 8" touch screen kit.
Is the PP Bezel just a straight swap? Like taking off the base one in your videos and then just reconnecting the PP bezel?

Was there any extra work required to do that?

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I've read that but its for the gauge panel! I'm referring to the Premium Package infotainment bezel.. the one for the toggle switches, MFT etc!
I apologize! I thought you were refering to the PP (performance package) dash trim.

The MFT bezel is only compatible with a full MFT swap as the MFT unit and bezel function as a system. If you do a full MFT swap, no additional wiring is required to use the MFT bezel.

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I apologize! I thought you were refering to the PP (performance package) dash trim.

The MFT bezel is only compatible with a full MFT swap as the MFT unit and bezel function as a system. If you do a full MFT swap, no additional wiring is required to use the MFT bezel.
Awesome thanks!

This will be definitely something I'll be doing next year then! Hopefully i can get the MFT wiring done properly.

Btw, I had another question for you. The interior light kit accessory from Ford has the button that lets you switch between colours. If you got the installed from the dealer and then did the cupholder part OEM from the premium package yourself could it be connected to also change colour with the button?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Awesome thanks!

This will be definitely something I'll be doing next year then! Hopefully i can get the MFT wiring done properly.

Btw, I had another question for you. The interior light kit accessory from Ford has the button that lets you switch between colours. If you got the installed from the dealer and then did the cupholder part OEM from the premium package yourself could it be connected to also change colour with the button?
I would assume so as they will likely be using the same wiring method for the RGB LEDs in the kit. All that would be needed is to wire up the cup holder to the footwell LEDs.

Sponsored

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I would assume so as they will likely be using the same wiring method for the RGB LEDs in the kit. All that would be needed is to wire up the cup holder to the footwell LEDs.
Guess I'll have to check them out when I get them!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Daylight pics!!

(I know my passenger side is dirty....)
IMG_20151221_123146.jpg
IMG_20151221_123150.jpg
IMG_20151221_123152.jpg

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Daylight pics!!

(I know my passenger side is dirty....)
Zack what kind of bezel is that around the infotainment unit?
Is that whole thing the base v6 panel with your printed toggles?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Zack what kind of bezel is that around the infotainment unit?
Is that whole thing the base v6 panel with your printed toggles?
It is a prototype bezel that I made before I decided to go with the OEM MFT bezel.

Those are my toggles yes. They are the higher end set that have been finished in an aluminum paint.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Steering wheel installed!
IMG_20151226_123835.jpg