zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hey Zack,
I wanted to do the exact same for the shifter boot on my auto. Did you need any special bezel or just the boot?
You just need the stock manual shift boot. :thumbsup: The auto shift boot can be easily removed and the manual one will fit right in its place. You will have to remove the shifter collar on the manual shift boot but it is not very complicated to achieve. You can find a few on eBay for around $50.
Sponsored

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Sounds great will start looking now.
Thanks again

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Let me know if you find the 50th anniversary PP trim. I'll take the one you have now off your hands :) And where did you find it?
Will do! Hopefully I can find an owner that is willing to trade or sell!

I found them on eBay of all places for $150 shipped! To good of an offer to pass up especially considering this is the first time I have ever seen them for sale....

Ford wants $1500 for the center dash trim panel.... :eyebulge:

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
BMR Motor Mounts installed! Install was pretty painless due to the fact that the V6 has a decent amount of room in the engine bay. I was able to complete most of the install from above without issue. The passenger side was the only real tight fit but still easy when you consider what was being installed. I went with the full .5" drop that BMR allows and am happy to report that everything clears without issue. Drive line angle seems to have dropped about a degree from stock.

As for my impressions, they are a bit mixed right now... NVH is certainly increased... During normal driving the increase is hardly noticeable which is something I like. With that said, low RPM high load situations really bring out the vibrations... Over time I will get used to it but I do feel it is alittle excessive in this area. All in all though the handling increase is more then worth it! This car again feels much more planted and composed then it was before the install and I do feel a slight power increase due to less drivetrain loss. To top it all off, These mounts drop about 5-10lbs from the nose do to just how much smaller they are compared to stock.

So would I recommend this? For someone that is not so sensitive to NVH most certainly yes! For those that are sensitive to vibrations, think long and hard about exactly what you want to get out of these mounts and if it is worth it to you.

The strut tower brace has apparently been packaged and shipped by AM so I should have it early next week!
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg
IMG_0120.jpg

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Next up after these mods is another go at an exhaust.... I think I have a really nice idea for a true quad exhaust setup using the lethal performance offroad mids, flowmaster high flow cats, magnaflow resonated x, then a muffler delete with one set of tips and magaflow 18" round mufflers on the other set. Should hopefully produce a unique sound while using pretty much all of the exhaust components I have sitting in my garage from past setups...
We're interested in seeing (and hearing) how it comes out! Keep up the good work!

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Strut Tower Brace installed and MPT tune upgraded to 93PRX!

Also an update on the BMR motor mounts. I have mostly got used to the added NVH but I still think it is excessive in a few areas. BMR I believe uses 95D polyurethane which is literally a step below hard plastic so I am going to try and make new bushings using a softer 60A polyurethane and see if I can't absorb some of the NVH. A softer bushing should allow for this while still keeping the lower CG with controlled engine movement.
IMG_0123.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Doesn't really look like it needed to be lowered? More important; does it feel different to drive? Or is it mostly bling factor, my car is pretty stiff in corners. (so far) Not poking fun, I'm really curious about it...

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't really look like it needed to be lowered? More important; does it feel different to drive? Or is it mostly bling factor, my car is pretty stiff in corners. (so far) Not poking fun, I'm really curious about it...
It did need to be lowered. I have less then a half inch of clearance when the motor was lowered a half inch from stock.

It terms of how it feels, I wouldn’t say it feels stiffer but it does feel more controlled. I can be in a turn and hit a bump and never have to correct or even slightly move the wheel where as I needed to before. It just gives the sense that the steering wheel is directly connected to the wheels where as before there was a slight disconnect.

I will say though that I drove it with just the K brace installed and with both and I really couldn’t tell the difference. So you could just go with the K brace I think and not have to worry about interference issues with the strut tower brace.

Mine will remain on until I decide what FI option I am going with. If I move forward with my Eaton M90 plans then I will have to remove it.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
New acceleration video with my new 93PRX tune (upgraded from 87). Current best has been 5.3 sec in 50 degree weather.

An unexpected benefit to the BMR motor mounts is that it makes the engine compartment sound much more aggressive!

[ame]

PS: Advanced track killed some of the fun.... Forgot to completely turn off advanced track before the run.

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Zack you are the man!!! You have executed a lot of the ideas that I have. My ride is still in the body shop, almost 2 months, and I have parts just sitting on my floor. Reading this thread has made me more and more impatient for my car. Keep up the posting!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
BMR motor mount experiment was a success! Replacing the hard 95A polyurethane for 60A polyurethane dramatically reduced vibration. 99.9% of the vibration caused by the motor mounts has been eliminated and what little remains is not intrusive at all. I would liken it to the vibration increase from installing an aggressive exhaust system. The only area that did not see any decrease in vibration was when the engine is idling. This vibration must be very low frequency that can only be eliminated with the oil filled OEM mounts.

[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] I would highly suggest you look into 60A polyurethane bushings for your motor mount kits. It just significantly improves the driving experience without much loss in engine control.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

Hmmmm... I wonder if it would fit... :gossip:;)

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
New acceleration video with my new 93PRX tune (upgraded from 87). Current best has been 5.3 sec in 50 degree weather.

An unexpected benefit to the BMR motor mounts is that it makes the engine compartment sound much more aggressive!

PS: Advanced track killed some of the fun.... Forgot to completely turn off advanced track before the run.
You've already got 100,000 miles on a less than 3 year old Mustang?????? :O

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Nice car man! Real good work. I'm in Southern Maryland too (PG County). We should meet up at a cars and coffee one day or cruise. Or both lol

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
You've already got 100,000 miles on a less than 3 year old Mustang?????? :O
Unfortunately that is what happens when you have a 150 mile plus commute to school a few times a week for 3 years! It is not worth anything in trade because of it so I will be holding on to the car for awhile. With that said, it does not mean it will stay a 6 forever.... Quite possibly will get a 400+ HP (flywheel) 4.6 DOHC as they are far cheaper even when rebuilt, a bit lighter, and have a far better exhaust note (IMO) then a coyote. I can purchase and completely rebuild a 4.6 DOHC for the same price as a 50K+ mile F150 gen 1 coyote.

From what little information I have been able to gather from websites and tuners so far, it should be possible to use a 15 coyote PCM and wiring harness (with modifications and a 6r80 trans) to run the 4.6.

...... I will hopefully be picking up the core on friday.... :D:D
Sponsored