Sponsored

ProCharger Surge at ~2500 RPM - Need Help!

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
ME - D1SC stage 2 - id1000's - JMS P&P Bap - Boss Manifold - 12psi

I know Matt says it is not IMRC related but I had surging issues till I got rid of them. I locked them in the stock manifold and the Boss manifold has been surge free since day 1.

Work with Lund they will get it sorted out. Dasan is like my new best friend, we have spent way too much time together over the past few months but my car is running flawless right now.
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I had it fixed with the IMRCs still functional. Back before Dasan went to go work for Lund he helped get me dialed in. Need to catch up with that dude.

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've got the exact same problem. I've got an auto with a Procharger D1SC IDX 1050 GT350 intake Lund custom tune. Stock TB. Long tubes. I bought the car modified with only 2000 miles.
I posted the problem here and was told to talk to Lund and they would sort it out. I started communicating with Dasan and Jon Jr via the Lund website. They wanted $200 to look look at the data logs. I told them the car had always done it. Dasan said that the car didn't do that before I bought it and thought I made a hardware change. I haven't. I then talked to the original owner and he said the car had always surged like that and he lived with it. I told Dasan at Lund that and he talked to the original owner who confirmed the car always bucked and surged. They still wanted the $200 to look at the data logs.
I paid the $200 and did data logs. They said that the fuel trims were all over the place and think it was related to an 02 sensor. They gave me no other direction. I messaged back that there was only 2500 miles on the car and asked if they were suggesting an 02 was already bad or bad from the factory (plus the fuel trims were about the same on both sides so that would mean two bad 02s at 2,500 miles)? They then said no they didn't think it was a bad 02. So, I had to message them back and ask what to try next? They then suggested I had an exhaust leak or a vacuum leak and to have it checked. I had it checked. It has neither.
Lund insists the tune is fine. Basically I spent $200 to have Lund check a tune that they were already paid to custom write only to have them tell me that I have a vacuum leak which I don't. I've since learned to drive "around" the bucking and surging. I have a local mechanic who is very good and he's researching the problem. Hopefully he'll come up with a resolution.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the roush SC also and another company (not going to name them) that tuned my car it surged around 2500 to 3000 rpms. I switched to Sai Li and the car drives and runs better than it did stock.
Sai Li is one of the best. His knowledge when it comes to these cars is amazing…

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
I've got the exact same problem. I've got an auto with a Procharger D1SC IDX 1050 GT350 intake Lund custom tune. Stock TB. Long tubes. I bought the car modified with only 2000 miles.
I posted the problem here and was told to talk to Lund and they would sort it out. I started communicating with Dasan and Jon Jr via the Lund website. They wanted $200 to look look at the data logs. I told them the car had always done it. Dasan said that the car didn't do that before I bought it and thought I made a hardware change. I haven't. I then talked to the original owner and he said the car had always surged like that and he lived with it. I told Dasan at Lund that and he talked to the original owner who confirmed the car always bucked and surged. They still wanted the $200 to look at the data logs.
I paid the $200 and did data logs. They said that the fuel trims were all over the place and think it was related to an 02 sensor. They gave me no other direction. I messaged back that there was only 2500 miles on the car and asked if they were suggesting an 02 was already bad or bad from the factory (plus the fuel trims were about the same on both sides so that would mean two bad 02s at 2,500 miles)? They then said no they didn't think it was a bad 02. So, I had to message them back and ask what to try next? They then suggested I had an exhaust leak or a vacuum leak and to have it checked. I had it checked. It has neither.
Lund insists the tune is fine. Basically I spent $200 to have Lund check a tune that they were already paid to custom write only to have them tell me that I have a vacuum leak which I don't. I've since learned to drive "around" the bucking and surging. I have a local mechanic who is very good and he's researching the problem. Hopefully he'll come up with a resolution.
I hear you man. I know this can be frustrating. I have worked with Dakota on this issue for a while and he has definitely helped bring the problem down to almost nothing but the car still does not drive as it is supposed to. It feels like it is still being choked for air sometimes. I have no leaks or anything like that either. At this point I believe it may be the intake manifold or the TQ tables in the tune based on this thread I am not sure. I think the only thing I can do is dish out the extra $$ and get it dyno tuned. The people who have success with this setup are dyno tuned by a good tuner from what I have seen.

Sponsored

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine was dyno tuned by Lund. At WOT it runs great. But, I know that's the easy part. I've pretty much learned to drive around the problem. When it does happen it can be violent. It definitely takes a lot of the enjoyment out of driving the car.
Mine is an automatic and the bucking almost always happens right after a shift. I thought it might be related to the converter trying to lock up. But, seeing so many with stick shifts have the same issue I'm thinking it's the engine mods.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
When I had my last 15 GT PP with a D1SC stage 2 1050’s and a BAP I had NOTHING but surge issues like you describe. I used three tuners none could resolve it. I swapped to a 14 manifold at the time with no IMRC and it was a little better but not much. I took the whole kit off the car and reinstalled it even. Got so fed up after four months of constant wrenching around and being unable to resolve it I took it off the car and sold it to someone (who also had the same issue). Procharger swore it wasn't a kit issue but I have to disagree if so many people have these issues still two years later with the same setups.

I finally fixed the glitch the only way I could - I put it back to stock and sold the car I was so frustrated with it.

Then another really nice 15 GT convertible fell in my lap so I jumped on it. The guy who had my old kit had the same problems even though he worked tirelessly with his tuner and was selling it again.... I’m SO glad I didn’t buy it back.

I spent the extra coin for a Whipple this time and couldn’t be happier. Gloriously clean and fun install in the garage (with OPG and crank sprocket) and the car didn’t have a single hiccup. I’ve driven it a thousand miles in the month since bolting it on and it’s amazing. Surge? Nope. IMRC guesswork? Nope. Torque and blower whine for days? Yup.

I was always jealous of the centri guys who weren’t having the problem... it was a great blower at WOT but Whipple made midrange fun again.

Sorry peeps are still having problems. I wish you a better outcome that I had with it.

Last edited:

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
When I had my last 15 GT PP with a D1SC stage 2 1050’s and a BAP I had NOTHING but surge issues like you describe. I used three tuners none could resolve it. I swapped to a 14 manifold at the time with no IMRC and it was a little better but not much. I took the whole kit off the car and reinstalled it even. Got so fed up after four months of constant wrenching around and being unable to resolve it I took it off he car and sold it to someone (who also had the same issue). Procharger swore it wasn't a kit issue but I have to disagree if so many people have these issues still two years later with the same setups.

I finally fixed the glitch the only way I could - I put it back to stock and sold the car I was so frustrated with it.

Then another really nice 15 GT convertible fell in my lap so I jumped on it. The guy who had my old kit had the same problems even though he worked tirelessly with his tuner and was selling it again.... I’m SO glad I didn’t buy it back.

I spent the extra coin for a Whipple this time and couldn’t be happier. Gloriously clean and fun install in the garage (with OPG and crank sprocket) and the car didn’t have a single hiccup. I’ve driven it a thousand miles in the month since bolting it on and it’s amazing. Surge? Nope. IMRC guesswork? Nope. Torque and blower whine for days? Yup.

I was always jealous of the centri guys who weren’t having the problem... it was a great blower at WOT but Whipple made midrange fun again.

Sorry peeps are still having problems. I wish you a better outcome that I had with it.
I’ve thought about ditching the centri style even thought I love it so much. Whipples are great blowers.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Previous set up ran the canned Procharger tune, surged when half pedaling into boost.

Had Rob Shoemaker provide me a custom tune. Zero surging, couldn't make it surge even if you tried. It was smooth as butter.

Just got my Paxton tuned by Rob, and same deal....smooth the whole way, all pedal positions.

I don't want to say its the tune 100% of the time, but based off my experience that was the remedy.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Previous set up ran the canned Procharger tune, surged when half pedaling into boost.

Had Rob Shoemaker provide me a custom tune. Zero surging, couldn't make it surge even if you tried. It was smooth as butter.

Just got my Paxton tuned by Rob, and same deal....smooth the whole way, all pedal positions.

I don't want to say its the tune 100% of the time, but based off my experience that was the remedy.
Man I’m glad to hear that. It sounded like a jet when that D1 got spooled up I loved that sound.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I did not realize this thread was still going. I got so pissed off with the kit I pulled it off the car and sold it like some of y'all did. Glad to see I was not the only one.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
I also had surging in my Lund tuned PC. Ended up selling the car and moving on.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)

Remote tuned or dyno? I just spoke to Rob a week ago and he said he's never had a surge issue with his tunes and the PC. I may use him or Adam at Rev Auto to get the tune dialed in.

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've seen feedback on "canned tunes" that surge. But does anyone else with a custom dyno tune from anyone other than Lund have this surging problem? It seems to me that the common thing between the custom dyno tuned cars with surging problems is Lund.
I've also see a number of people with the problem who had someone else do a dyno tune fix the problem. I'm really surprised by this as I know Lund is revered as a tuner. I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and get a new custom tune from someone else. I'd also hate to pay again and then not have the problem fixed when it's all said and done. I'd love to post that Lund found and addressed the problem and it's hard for me to believe that another tuner could figure out what Lund can't.

austinp7889

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've seen feedback on "canned tunes" that surge. But does anyone else with a custom dyno tune from anyone other than Lund have this surging problem? It seems to me that the common thing between the custom dyno tuned cars with surging problems is Lund.
I've also see a number of people with the problem who had someone else do a dyno tune fix the problem. I'm really surprised by this as I know Lund is revered as a tuner. I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and get a new custom tune from someone else. I'd also hate to pay again and then not have the problem fixed when it's all said and done. I'd love to post that Lund found and addressed the problem and it's hard for me to believe that another tuner could figure out what Lund can't.
I had another big name company tune my car and it surged very bad. I switched to Sai Li and the car is smooth as ever. Highly suggest him for tuning.
Sponsored