Sponsored

ProCharger Surge at ~2500 RPM - Need Help!

OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
its not imrcs. that's what i thought it was when i started trying to fix it. its the TQ tables.

and a few other little things. if he wants he can email me.
Tuner said he was looking into tune Friday morning but still havent heard anything. I also did some actual dyno pulls and noticed i was getting knock at about 6500 RPM so timing was getting pulled. I sent those logs and pictures of the dyno over this weekend so hopefully they get back to me soon!
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
its not imrcs. that's what i thought it was when i started trying to fix it. its the TQ tables.

and a few other little things. if he wants he can email me.
I also agree wit his and from the ton of logs i have looked at and the crazy things the throttle,commanded/actual it would seem to be something with the torque tables.Question i have is it seems the tuners especially with manuals have went agressive tryin to fix torque managment issue with launching the car and it falling on its face.So if this is the case is their a happy medium for not gettting bucking but also being able to launch hard.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
I also agree wit his and from the ton of logs i have looked at and the crazy things the throttle,commanded/actual it would seem to be something with the torque tables.Question i have is it seems the tuners especially with manuals have went agressive tryin to fix torque managment issue with launching the car and it falling on its face.So if this is the case is their a happy medium for not gettting bucking but also being able to launch hard.
i would guess. i was able to fix low rpm cruising issues with cam timing. ive never had or seen any "launching issues"

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
i would guess. i was able to fix low rpm cruising issues with cam timing. ive never had or seen any "launching issues"
What i was refering too was tuners starting tuning the 15,s their was alot of guys that went to the track with sticky tires and it was a bit of a learning curve getting the cars mainly manuals to launch without tq managment cutting in and closing the throttle.To me on my car after they got tq managment dialed in that is when the bucking issue started,maybe just a coincidence.Are the tq tables part of the tq/managment tuning??

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
What i was refering too was tuners starting tuning the 15,s their was alot of guys that went to the track with sticky tires and it was a bit of a learning curve getting the cars mainly manuals to launch without tq managment cutting in and closing the throttle.To me on my car after they got tq managment dialed in that is when the bucking issue started,maybe just a coincidence.Are the tq tables part of the tq/managment tuning??

oh well shit i had never noticed that lol. but to answer you question, while they are tied together, that's not the problem here. so yes you should be able to have the best of both worlds

Sponsored

tcu101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S/C
I am having the exact same issue with my Lund tune. However I have the Roush S/C but my car is doing 100% the same thing the OP stated. I love the tune but the surging is very annoying. Lund sent one revisoin which made it worse.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I am having the exact same issue with my Lund tune. However I have the Roush S/C but my car is doing 100% the same thing the OP stated. I love the tune but the surging is very annoying. Lund sent one revisoin which made it worse.
Ditto, with P1X... I just lay a bit more gas on the bitch lol

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Welcome to my life. Everyday I have to focus on avoiding the surge. Lund has tried many times to fix it. I do believe the GT350 mani may be the culprit though I am really not sure. It is really annoying though.

austinp7889

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have the roush SC also and another company (not going to name them) that tuned my car it surged around 2500 to 3000 rpms. I switched to Sai Li and the car drives and runs better than it did stock.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Welcome to my life. Everyday I have to focus on avoiding the surge. Lund has tried many times to fix it. I do believe the GT350 mani may be the culprit though I am really not sure. It is really annoying though.
I have a GT350 IM and TB and no surge. All about the tune/tuner's ability.

Really feel for the guys that have surging issues - sucked the fun out of the car for me when I was going through it.

Sponsored

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
I have a GT350 IM and TB and no surge. All about the tune/tuner's ability.

Really feel for the guys that have surging issues - sucked the fun out of the car for me when I was going through it.
Who’s your tuner?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Adam who owns Rev Auto in Baltimore. Hands down one of the absolute best and my car, fortunately or unfortunately, was his R&D car for a lot of issues. Unreal how good my car drives considering how modified it is at this point.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Adam who owns Rev Auto in Baltimore. Hands down one of the absolute best and my car, fortunately or unfortunately, was his R&D car for a lot of issues. Unreal how good my car drives considering how modified it is at this point.
I live in MD so that's great to hear. I contacted him a while ago and never heard back. I hear that it is really hard to get in touch with them because they are so busy. Do you have his email? Where are you located in MD?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
PM sent.

tcu101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S/C
Afraid it's just not the GT350 manifold because it's doing it on my Roush S/C as well.
Sponsored