Procharger Stage 2 Install

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was considering lowering the mounts but that SC outlet pipe is a little snug down towards the frame and I didn't want to run the risk of pinching that hose or messing up any of the alignment of procharger kit.

Sponsored

Last edited:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
If you throw up a 1.6 60' you'll be in the 10.70-80 range...damn. That's moving. How much vertical clearance do you think the boss needed to fit? Any noticeable dimples on the outside of the hood?

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you throw up a 1.6 60' you'll be in the 10.70-80 range...damn. That's moving. How much vertical clearance do you think the boss needed to fit? Any noticeable dimples on the outside of the hood?
You can't see any dimples on outside of the hood, looks stock. I think it needed at least a 1/2" of clearance to fit, maybe a tad more. I really want to get it on the dyno to see where the numbers are at so I can compare that with a non boss manifold setup. All the local dyno shops tell me there is a 2 week wait to get in. Ridiculous.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I was considering lowering the mounts but that SC outlet pipe is a little snug down towards the frame and I didn't want to run the risk of pinching that hose or messing up any of the alignment of procharger kit.

Do you have the stock PP front wheels with the AMR 19x10? How do they match up?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
You can't see any dimples on outside of the hood, looks stock. I think it needed at least a 1/2" of clearance to fit, maybe a tad more. I really want to get it on the dyno to see where the numbers are at so I can compare that with a non boss manifold setup. All the local dyno shops tell me there is a 2 week wait to get in. Ridiculous.
Yikes. That's outrageous. The main thing stopping me from going the mount route is the vibration of solid mounts on my daily...not sure how bad it would be.

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am curious about the Boss intake. From what I have read, the OEM 2015 intake is actually better flowing than the Boss intake?

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
At low r.p.m.

However the difference was minimal. 5-10 h.p.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm curious how much flow / power difference there is from the 11-14 manifold to the 15 manifold. I'll have a 11-14 manifold in hand tomorrow and I'm going to dremel the areas that cause contact with the 15 block and toss it on. I might wait to actually install it until Monday or Wednesday when I can actually send Lund datalogs to get off the limited initial tune for idle / step / cruise stuff.

Deleting my IMRC that route to prevent cutting my hood. But man that Boss intake looks tough.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They are not the factory PP wheels up front. I purchased all 4 reproduction wheels from OE wheels. They were listed for the 11-14 mustang and OE said they wouldn't fit the 15 Mustang. I bought them anyway because I was pretty sure they would fit. Back wheels stick out a little but it isn't too bad.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
They are not the factory PP wheels up front. I purchased all 4 reproduction wheels from OE wheels. They were listed for the 11-14 mustang and OE said they wouldn't fit the 15 Mustang. I bought them anyway because I was pretty sure they would fit. Back wheels stick out a little but it isn't too bad.
Do you know the backspacing and offset of the rear ones? Might pick up some rears for track days

**Disregard** Just found them
WHEEL SIZE: 19x10
WHEEL OFFSET: 35
BOLT PATTERN: 5-114.3
HUB SIZE: 70.6
BACK SPACING: 6.87795276
CENTER CAPS: Center cap included, Original center cap will interchange

It also has the disclaimer saying it won't fit over Brembo or aftermarket brakes. Bummer.

Tapatalk spelling errors inside!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Nice runs. The MPH shows what the car is doing. Glad to see iy all pan out.

Your track must be really strict...did you have a helmet ? I can see it without a helm them taking you off. I runn 11.0@130 consistently and I have zero issues. I do have my helm, but its a full street shelby. Nothing removed and just on M&H's on Darkstars.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Can't run faster than 11.5 on a modified car or you need a cage ... Stupid rules but if the car comes with a supercharger from the factory it's 10.0 for 2008 and newer ... If you modify the car 11.5 or faster needs a cage ... Some enforce it some don't .. Up here they are pretty strict give you a warning then the boot

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was wearing a helmet. Some say if I wear a fire jacket, they will cut me a little more slack.

royo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Loaded the race tune and ran an 1/8 mile pass so I wouldn't get the boot.
It went 7.3 @ 102. Picked up 2mph and .15ET with race tune. I did make one last full pass with race tune but the car spun pretty good and ended up going 11.2 @ 127. Track safety dude said I was done for the night after that pass. I am happy the way the car is finally running.
Were you the guy at Lebanon Valley with the Ruby Red car Weds night?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Can't run faster than 11.5 on a modified car or you need a cage ... Stupid rules but if the car comes with a supercharger from the factory it's 10.0 for 2008 and newer ... If you modify the car 11.5 or faster needs a cage ... Some enforce it some don't .. Up here they are pretty strict give you a warning then the boot
Well now I know.........

Thanks for that.
Sponsored