OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Update:

Shop states: "The valves are functiong inside the intake correctly. With the vent line for the valves hooked to the air intake, they do not release at 3k. The line pulls enough vacuum that it doesn't just aid in venting but pulls the valves closed. Keeping them closed. Removing this vent line allows them to function properly on the dyno and is no pulling codes. However, at WOT the valves still stick closed according to the SCT Data. But part throttle is great. If I disconnect the valves both with vacuum and electrical, they stay open all the time, even at WOT. However, the car only picks up 30-40hp (about 480) with the valves open. Boost PSI is .5 less with valves open and all power gain is above 5500RPM. AFR is 11:1 and timing is 12 degrees."

THOUGHTS?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
Are there ANY procharger/lund tuned 15s on here that have NO issues at all?
Chargedguard has one, and has issues. The semi local one I drove did as well. It's just something we will have to wait through.

To be honest, tuning throttle angles has never been something easily done even on the 11-14 cars. It's educated guessing. The 2015 just made it harder.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Update:

Shop states: "The valves are functiong inside the intake correctly. With the vent line for the valves hooked to the air intake (Procharger instructions), the do not release at 3k. The line pulls enough vacuum that it doesn't just aid in venting but pulls the valves closed. Keeping them closed. Removing this vent line allows them to function properly on the dyno and is no pulling codes. However, at WOT the valves still stick closed according to the SCT Data. But part throttle is great. If I disconnect the valves both with vacuum and electrical, they stay open all the time, even at WOT. However, the car only picks up 30-40hp (about 480) with the valves open. Boost PSI is .5 less with valves open and all power gain is above 5500RPM. AFR is 11:1 and timing is 12 degrees.

THOUGHTS?
This is really strange. You're making boost but not power?

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are there ANY procharger/lund tuned 15s on here that have NO issues at all?
We tuned one at 11.5psi, and it made 710whp. We work with Lund. The car drives fine, and make a ton of power.

Sponsored

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
We tuned one at 11.5psi, and it made 710whp. We work with Lund. The car drives fine, and make a ton of power.
That was a car that was brought in though remote tuned by Lund, then put on a dyno though , right?

I know in Georgia we have some good shops that can tune like Kurgan Motorsports, etc, so it makes me a little iffy about dumping 450 on a Lund Tune when I may end up having to go to a local dyno shop anyways due to issues.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That was a car that was brought in though remote tuned by Lund, then put on a dyno though , right?

I know in Georgia we have some good shops that can tune like Kurgan Motorsports, etc, so it makes me a little iffy about dumping 450 on a Lund Tune when I may end up having to go to a local dyno shop anyways due to issues.
The car was brought to us as a base p1 kit, and made 488whp at 7psi. We changed the pulley to a 3.4 (from a 4"), added ID1000's (not necessary, but the customer wanted to go E85 later), a KB Boost-a-pump, and a SCT X4 was purchased.

In this day and age, there's really no reason that someone can't be halfway across the world and properly tune a car, AS LONG AS the people working on the business end (the vehicle) have some knowledge about what's going on.

We are a dealer for Lund, and we work with them on tuning. We start with a base file, and then log using Live Link. We go over the data together, and Lund makes changes accordingly. These are not "canned" Lund tunes. We spend hours.. sometimes days working back and forth to get the car tuned. But, I do not personally manipulate the parameters. That's also the case for about 90% of the shops installing these systems, if we're being honest. ;) I understand what's going on, but learning to manipulate factory level PCM code is very time consuming and it's not something that I'm interested in learning. I know what the engine wants, and Lund knows how to give us that. It works out great when both side of the team understand what's going on.

When you purchase a tune through Boost Works, you work with us.. We work with Lund. There's never a point where you have to go back and spend more money with another shop or buy more tuning solutions. :)

tevol1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

You will not go wrong with lund I assure you its a very good tune. The issue I see is minor my car flat moves at wot.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The car was brought to us as a base p1 kit, and made 488whp at 7psi. We changed the pulley to a 3.4 (from a 4"), added ID1000's (not necessary, but the customer wanted to go E85 later), a KB Boost-a-pump, and a SCT X4 was purchased.

In this day and age, there's really no reason that someone can't be halfway across the world and properly tune a car, AS LONG AS the people working on the business end (the vehicle) have some knowledge about what's going on.

We are a dealer for Lund, and we work with them on tuning. We start with a base file, and then log using Live Link. We go over the data together, and Lund makes changes accordingly. These are not "canned" Lund tunes. We spend hours.. sometimes days working back and forth to get the car tuned. But, I do not personally manipulate the parameters. That's also the case for about 90% of the shops installing these systems, if we're being honest. ;) I understand what's going on, but learning to manipulate factory level PCM code is very time consuming and it's not something that I'm interested in learning. I know what the engine wants, and Lund knows how to give us that. It works out great when both side of the team understand what's going on.

When you purchase a tune through Boost Works, you work with us.. We work with Lund. There's never a point where you have to go back and spend more money with another shop or buy more tuning solutions. :)
i have faith Lund would eventually get my tune spot on. I just really don't have the necessary time it takes to get everything done. This is why I chose to take my car to a local shop and let them mess with it.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
In one of the last emails Jon Lund II sent me he said It looks like it has something to do with the bypass. He said it looks like it's trying to go into boost and opening and closing really fast causing the surge. He said he would have to get a car in the shop to take a better look at it.

Sponsored

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
In one of the last emails Jon Lund II sent me he said It looks like it has something to do with the bypass. He said it looks like it's trying to go into boost and opening and closing really fast causing the surge. He said he would have to get a car in the shop to take a better look at it.
Does he have shops around the US or are you SOL after paying for the remote tuning sessions?

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Does he have shops around the US or are you SOL after paying for the remote tuning sessions?
I'm not sure how many shops they have. One thing I do know is their customer service is excellent and they aren't trying to screw anybody. That why I said in the post before I know they would get it dialed in if I had the time to keep sending datalogs. im just getting a few things done to my car already oil pump gear, bap, 3.4 pulley, and a short throw shifter installed . They gave me a good deal on the tune so I decided to just get it all done at once.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I'm not sure how many shops they have. One thing I do know is their customer service is excellent and they aren't trying to screw anybody. That why I said in the post before I know they would get it dialed in if I had the time to keep sending datalogs. im just getting a few things done to my car already oil pump gear, bap, 3.4 pulley, and a short throw shifter installed . They gave me a good deal on the tune so I decided to just get it all done at once.
Oh yeah, Im not implying anything, I just would hate to pay 450 and then be told I have to take it to a shop for any more progress and pay more. I want a bad ass Lund Tune. Always wanted to try their stuff

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Oh yeah, Im not implying anything, I just would hate to pay 450 and then be told I have to take it to a shop for any more progress and pay more. I want a bad ass Lund Tune. Always wanted to try their stuff
What he said is he would have to get another car with the ho kit in the shop to see if he could figure out what was going on. Sorry for the confusion.

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
I've had my procharger HO kit since beginning in February, I started with an sct x4 and bbr tune. I also have the same issue as process with vacuum meeting boost at zero. Ive just chose to ignore it lol. Anyways. I'm trying to get a new tune just for more power because it feels like my car is down on power only from idle to 4500 rpm.

In all honesty I believe when the 15s came out everyone with a shop or business rushed to be the first to take peoples hard earned money without ever realizing that the 15 gt pcm is far more complex than they cared to figure out. Are there some fast 15s now? Certainly, but only two cars truly run without driveability issues, and they belong to shop owners with countless hours of dyno time. The kind of tuning that should have been done from the start before the release of any product. So far every single FI company has customers with problems and issues. And nobody really knows how to tune for 100% stock driveability on the new 15 pcm.
Sponsored