Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 Install

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Now I'm getting really confused because I just drove the car again and it is happening when the boost and vacuum meet. I was driving partial throttle through the rpm range where I'm having issues and it drove fine. Than I gave it a little more throttle maybe 30-40% and it started doing it. My car is suppose to go in the shop this week or early next week and hopefully they can figure all of this out. Hopefully a good dyno tune and 3.4 pulley and It will be where I want it to be.
Guys, what your doing is basically sitting right at the threshold of the IMRC's moving, the Cams moving, etc. Think of what those flaps are doing in the intake. If your at the point that they don't know to open or close, its going to keep going back and forth. (the the cams start really moving around as well)

9 out of 10 people, never kit that transition point because they either drive with a lighter foot, or heavier foot. Holding it at exactly one throttle during the transmission is about the only way to feel it. AKA don't try to hold it right at that point, you should either be right below, or above that point.

(You can feel it on stock cars, if you do the same thing with them)
*kinda like Hondas as they transition to Vtech

After we sent out the latest tune revision from our HO and STG2 kits.
We have had nothing but praise on how well they run.
Sponsored

5.0 Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If there's not a tune or fix for imrc issues pull the intake and eliminate it.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
If there's not a tune or fix for imrc issues pull the intake and eliminate it.
Bit more to it then that.
Even by physically removing them, you still then have to change the tune for it.
So that the cams and timing don't move thinking the flaps are moving.

Our latest tune basically forces a person to skip over the "transition" so quickly they don't notice it. Its still there, but it happens so fast unless you actively TRY to make it happen, you can't find it.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Guys, what your doing is basically sitting right at the threshold of the IMRC's moving, the Cams moving, etc. Think of what those flaps are doing in the intake. If your at the point that they don't know to open or close, its going to keep going back and forth. (the the cams start really moving around as well)

9 out of 10 people, never kit that transition point because they either drive with a lighter foot, or heavier foot. Holding it at exactly one throttle during the transmission is about the only way to feel it. AKA don't try to hold it right at that point, you should either be right below, or above that point.

I agree with you. I guess my foot just likes to be where the issue occurs. Anything above or below that it's fine.

5.0 Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well I hope Phil's shop gets it sorted out because the other tuner didn't go out of his way to change the cookie cutter tune. We want 700rwhp out of this beast!

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Well I hope Phil's shop gets it sorted out because the other tuner didn't go out of his way to change the cookie cutter tune. We want 700rwhp out of this beast!
Lol don't we all. I told Rev Auto to keep it until we hit 700rwhp. It's on the dyno again today. The wait continues... :kickrock:

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

This makes sense as to why my CEL is coming on during that transition when cruising. The IMRCs are trying to open and it isn't happening, I think. Are the IMRCs supposed to open only at a certain rpm (3500)?

Another thing that I recall is that the tuner mentioned that the IMRCs were working during my first run but something changed after that and they no longer worked properly. I do remember during the first pull the coupler was blown off the intercooler so the SC wasn't really pumping any air into the intake, pretty much was running NA. Then I reatached that coupler along with T bolt clamps, and now it isn't working.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R

I'm going to have to disagree with you. This condition happens very very easily. As this condition can happen with the imrc at open or close. This is multiple issues all happening at once, and I do not believe they are fully IMRC related.

I've done further testing and my issue is present at partial throttle and mild boost too. It only initiates at vac/boost transition. It does not exist at full throttle.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
This makes sense as to why my CEL is coming on during that transition when cruising. The IMRCs are trying to open and it isn't happening, I think. Are the IMRCs supposed to open only at a certain rpm (3500)?
No, I have no idea why your CEL light is coming on.
That has something to do with your issue/tuner

I'm going to have to disagree with you. This condition happens very very easily. As this condition can happen with the imrc at open or close. This is multiple issues all happening at once, and I do not believe they are fully IMRC related.
Our car doesn't have your tune, or large injectors.
So its hard telling how it would drive.

You are welcome to come to KC, and drive our car. :)
It does NOT happen very easy, at all.

You have to hit the "exact" throttle percentage...
...and hold it there steady just as the transition happens.

Any normal driving, where your foot is moving,
And your not trying to hold the car at exactly "0" vacuum.
You go right past it.
(I don't know anyone that actually drives like that. Not even on a road course)

Considering the amount of systems sold each day for 2015's.
And that there are no more threads popping up about OUR tunes.
For our out of the box stock systems, are customers are happy.
(new posts seem to be related to custom tunes now)

I've done further testing and my issue is present at partial throttle and mild boost too. It only initiates at vac/boost transition. It does not exist at full throttle.
Again our car doesn't have your tune, or large injectors.
So your conditions will be different.
(even the intercooler matters, on how the transition happens)

Guys that tuned HO systems, can't just load that file into a STG2 car and assume it will all work out. (even if they correct the MAF curve)

Makes it impossible to drive the car aggressively on a road course.
The main person that drives our car is a AMA superbike rider, who also does our road course testing for us.
He has had no issues with our car, and he is NOT easy on it no matter if its on the track or not.

Another track rental will be happening in about a month or so. (drag/road course)
(only for supercharger testing)
Tuning and intercooler items will remain stock.
We wouldn't take this car, if we felt there was an issue/safety concern.
(nor would we sell the system)

Another unrelated person just took that car (stock procharger tune) on a 798mile road trip.
Never said one word about drivability concerns. (after asking them if it did anything weird)
This guy was an average guy, not a tuner, not related to this project.
Just the same kinda guy that would be ordering one of these kits himself.

After spending lots of time driving a 2015 stock, and now with STG2
Personally it drives better then it did stock, no lie.
Between the lack luster throttle, the "switch" that you can feel stock, and the hanging throttle.
I'll take the blower tune, and the extra power ANY day of the week. :) :cheers::headbang:

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have been reading the emails I sent to tuner and it looks like the IMRCs were working just fine with the tune I have in my car before I blew a coupler. After losing a coupler, I installed T bolt clamps, took off air filter (came off), put breathers on valve covers and put a cap on the IMRC Y vent in the back of manifold (this should have been venting to the atmosphere or plumbed to intake, not capped) didn't know that at the time. I then installed everything back the way Procharger had in directions: imrc vent line plumbed to intake pipe and filter on. IMRCs still didn't work after at that point.

2 questions:
Could going WOT with the IMRC vent line capped off, instead of venting to atmosphere, have jacked up that whole IMRC system? (Couldn't find a fuse for IMRC to check )

Is it possible for boost to be forcing IMRC closed?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I have been reading the emails I sent to tuner and it looks like the IMRCs were working just fine with the tune I have in my car before I blew a coupler. After losing a coupler, I installed T bolt clamps, took off air filter (came off), put breathers on valve covers and put a cap on the IMRC Y vent in the back of manifold (this should have been venting to the atmosphere or plumbed to intake, not capped) didn't know that at the time. I then installed everything back the way Procharger had in directions: imrc vent line plumbed to intake pipe and filter on. IMRCs still didn't work after at that point.

2 questions:
Could going WOT with the IMRC vent line capped off, instead of venting to atmosphere, have jacked up that whole IMRC system? (Couldn't find a fuse for IMRC to check )

Is it possible for boost to be forcing IMRC closed?
Yes, if you installed the venting lines incorrect, its very possible that you could have damaged something in the system. (Since the system is vacuum operated, and has diaphragms in it, linkages, and switching valves)

Have we TRIED hooking it up wrong to see what would happen, no.
So I could not tell you the results of what you described.

Personally I can only talk about how we DO install it.
And that there are no issues with the operation of the IMRC hardware.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
Our car doesn't have your tune, or large injectors.
So its hard telling how it would drive.
ID1000s drive like stock, its plug and play data. I doubt these are the culprit.
You are welcome to come to KC, and drive our car. :)
It does NOT happen very easy, at all.

You have to hit the "exact" throttle percentage...
...and hold it there steady just as the transition happens.

Any normal driving, where your foot is moving,
And your not trying to hold the car at exactly "0" vacuum.
You go right past it.
(I don't know anyone that actually drives like that. Not even on a road course)
I've owned and driven many different centri blower cars in the past, none have this issue. I'm chalking up my issue as a combination of throttle angle tuning, and too small of a BPV, yes I know I'm different, I'm pushing a lot of air and hp.

Considering the amount of systems sold each day for 2015's.
And that there are no more threads popping up about OUR tunes.
For our out of the box stock systems, are customers are happy.
(new posts seem to be related to custom tunes now)

Again our car doesn't have your tune, or large injectors.
So your conditions will be different.
(even the intercooler matters, on how the transition happens)

Guys that tuned HO systems, can't just load that file into a STG2 car and assume it will all work out. (even if they correct the MAF curve)
This is most likely a big air issue, my maf curve has been modified heavily for your blower, although I will say this, MAF Period enhanced pid was not available since my last revision so I bet this will fix some things, or at least I hope.

The main person that drives our car is a AMA superbike rider, who also does our road course testing for us.
He has had no issues with our car, and he is NOT easy on it no matter if its on the track or not.

Another track rental will be happening in about a month or so. (drag/road course)
(only for supercharger testing)
Tuning and intercooler items will remain stock.
We wouldn't take this car, if we felt there was an issue/safety concern.
(nor would we sell the system)

Another unrelated person just took that car (stock procharger tune) on a 798mile road trip.
Never said one word about drivability concerns. (after asking them if it did anything weird)
This guy was an average guy, not a tuner, not related to this project.
Just the same kinda guy that would be ordering one of these kits himself.

After spending lots of time driving a 2015 stock, and now with STG2
Personally it drives better then it did stock, no lie.
Between the lack luster throttle, the "switch" that you can feel stock, and the hanging throttle.
I'll take the blower tune, and the extra power ANY day of the week. :) :cheers::headbang:
again, it's most likely tuning, but I've also yet to see a car you guys have tuned at high boost running around yet (2015 mustang gt). As you've also stated I could certainly benefit from a new bpv. No one here is pointing the finger at procharger, or your maf placement. Everyone is pointing the finger at the complexity of tuning a centri blower for partial throttle drivability on a manual six speed 2015 gt. Your system just happened to be one of the first out there.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Are there ANY procharger/lund tuned 15s on here that have NO issues at all?
Sponsored