Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 Install

tevol1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I think Phil though is something different. He isn't getting his boost to the intake valve it would seem.

Surging could be because of the MAF placement. Anyone with a Vortech or Hellion chime in with any of the same behavior.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is exactly what Im thinking because I have noticed mine only surges once and a while its not everytime. So its kinda like the Maf is acting up or reading something it shouldn't
Sponsored

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
I think Phil though is something different. He isn't getting his boost to the intake valve it would seem.

Surging could be because of the MAF placement. Anyone with a Vortech or Hellion chime in with any of the same behavior.

MAF Placement for these is inside the intercooler.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Have you guys tried cleaning your MAF sensor? I mean sometimes the easiest solution is the one that works....

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you guys tried cleaning your MAF sensor? I mean sometimes the easiest solution is the one that works....
It's a digital maf, either it works or it doesn't.

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Similar issues with the Hellion kit, hence my thread on the tuning for 6sp manual cars. Process is describing it exactly the same way I would. Cept my throttle randomly decides to partially close at wot...:headbonk:

Sponsored

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Similar issues with the Hellion kit, hence my thread on the tuning for 6sp manual cars. Process is describing it exactly the same way I would. Cept my throttle randomly decides to close at wot...:headbonk:
Then this is also probably also a throttle angle issue as well.

FWIW, a lot of drivability parameters in my tune are very stock. Sam at Coastal Dyno stated his drives like a dream and spent many hours on the dyno fine tuning his, as well as he is running the larger bpv.

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You guys are making me nervous... I get my beefcake stage 2 kit with d1 head in a few weeks. Is this only when running high boost? I plan on running 10-11 psi, hopefully these issues get worked out.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
You guys are making me nervous... I get my beefcake stage 2 kit with d1 head in a few weeks. Is this only when running high boost? I plan on running 10-11 psi, hopefully these issues get worked out.
Ive got a Stage 1 , P1SC with Lund tuning on order. Crossing my fingers.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
this isnt rpm dependent, this is essentially when vacuum and boost meet.
Im not sure about that mine does it in the same rpm range every time. I was paying close attention today after reading your post. Sometimes my vacuum gauge was around 10 and it was still doing it. I have ran 3 different tunes in this car and have had issues in the same rpm range. I had a Bama tune with cold air for the first couple months I had the car and Had a issue in the same rpm range. With the Bama tune and procharger tune it was more like the car was bogging down. With the current tune it's more of a surge.

Last edited:

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I just dropped 9.5K on a system with extras last week. This will get figured out. If the Hellion guys are seeing the same then it isn't a "kit" specific issue.

What sucks is not being able to do speed density since there isn't a MAP. I am SD on the Z06 with the MAF removed.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Spoke to the shop that is trying to figure out what is wrong with my car. They looked over the entire install and could not find anything out of place or messed up.

They also put the car on the dyno and it made a blistering 450HP. Boost is around 9lbs untill about 6500RPMS and then it shoots up to 13lbs by 6800 RPMs(I am guessing IMRC is restricting it). They drove the car around for a while and said that you can feel when the car is about to throw the codes (p2006, p2007) during normal driving.

Tomorrow they are going to pull the TB off and put an inspection camera down into the manifold to look at the baffles. I am lost in the sauce on this one, not sure what the heck the deal with this thing is.

Should have bought the whipple kit, it removes the IMRC. :frusty:
We had a car come in with the exact same issue. We retuned it and put down 710whp. The issue was the tune.

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There is a lot riding on mine working well, it is my daily driver and it will give my wife the opportunity to say "I told you, you shouldn't of bought it". I'm putting my faith in beefcake to set me up right! It will be in good hands.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any insight what changed?
From what Procharger said, we had a car with an early tune file that wasn't right. Not sure what was wrong, as I didn't see the file. A/F was in the tank, and it had no timing.
Sponsored