Sponsored

Pricing estimates for GT PP

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I joined the MCA for the x-plan, I'm interested to see what that does for a potential 2015 Mustang purchase.
I'm about to join myself. I hear you need to be active for 2 months before you can request a PIN which can enable you to receive x-plan pricing from a dealer (if they honor it).
Sponsored

Nemesis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 accord v6 coupe man. 6 spd
45k is way to much for a GT. The only GT that should possibly get close is a fully loaded vert. I want a base GT with track pack and it shouldn't be more than 35k.
With you on this....price is still a deal breaker.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'm about to join myself. I hear you need to be active for 2 months before you can request a PIN which can enable you to receive x-plan pricing from a dealer (if they honor it).

I thought it was 6 months so I joined back in December right after the reveal.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
The electronics package is dual climate and GPS, right? 2.3k seems steep for that....To each his own I guess

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The electronics package is dual climate and GPS, right? 2.3k seems steep for that....To each his own I guess

Compared to what I'm used to with Mercedes I think it's a fairly good deal. I'm a little more interested in doing more road trips so having built-in Nav with live traffic and weather is a bit more appealing than when I first got my '11.

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I think selling the car in new markets will give Ford some scale. I think a fully loaded GT coming in at 45,000 is totally reasonable. Anything over that and they are pricing out a lot of people. .
Glad you think that's reasonable.

And 45K is already pricing it out of a lot of people's buying power, especially in this weak recovery with stagnant or declining wages.

And if you can afford that, 47K gets you a brand new Lexus IS350 with the first level of the 3 F Sport packages (which has a lot of options on it), or for 48K you could get an M235i BMW with tech package.

Those price differences are negligible on the monthly payment if you're bringing a decent down payment and get good financing terms.

And those are two very nice, sporty, and luxurious cars with build quality that will be two steps above even a loaded GT.

I certainly hope Ford doesn't get too upmarket with the pricing, because the 40-50K range has a lot of very compelling vehicles hanging around.

Not to mention VW will be bringing an AWD Golf R to the states with the 6 speed dual clutch as an option for a price in the mid 30s.

OP
OP
Nate408

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Glad you think that's reasonable.

And 45K is already pricing it out of a lot of people's buying power, especially in this weak recovery with stagnant or declining wages.

And if you can afford that, 47K gets you a brand new Lexus IS350 with the first level of the 3 F Sport packages (which has a lot of options on it), or for 48K you could get an M235i BMW with tech package.

Those price differences are negligible on the monthly payment if you're bringing a decent down payment and get good financing terms.

And those are two very nice, sporty, and luxurious cars with build quality that will be two steps above even a loaded GT.

I certainly hope Ford doesn't get too upmarket with the pricing, because the 40-50K range has a lot of very compelling vehicles hanging around.
My hope is the new GT can womp basically anything for a similar price. The new Camaro should probably be it's main competition in this price range.

Oh and BTW the M235i is suprisingly fast given its relatively low power-to-weight ratio. I read the first roadtest and it did almost 108 in the 1/4 mile with either 333 or 320 hp (depends if it was euro spec, but impressive either way).

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Oh and BTW the M235i is suprisingly fast given its relatively low power-to-weight ratio. I read the first roadtest and it did almost 108 in the 1/4 mile with either 333 or 320 hp (depends if it was euro spec, but impressive either way).

Yeah, it is a seriously good performance machine; wish I could afford one.

OP
OP
Nate408

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a seriously good performance machine; wish I could afford one.
I thought that was the car I wanted for a while. I've owned an old BMW for a while that I restored with my father and he has owned a few. Great cars until they go out of warranty and inevitably start needinng repairs. Performamce parts on my 1988 BMW are more expensive on average than the same parts on a 2014 GT. BMW = Bring More Wallet. I want a reliable car that's fun and I don't think a BMW is it sadly.

Side-note a chipped M235i may pose a threat to a stock 5.0. That turbo-6 is a great engine and can easibly be made to make 400hp / 400tq. I can't wait to se comparison road tests for all the cars coming out this year :)

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
45k is way to much for a GT. The only GT that should possibly get close is a fully loaded vert. I want a base GT with track pack and it shouldn't be more than 35k.

The GT 5.0 is $32k dude.. it is a remarkable car at that price. The track pack shouldn't cost more than $2.6k.

The new Mustang might debut slightly higher, than $35k you mentioned (w/TP).. but, nowhere near $39k, etc.

Sponsored

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
I'm really not sure why everyone bases these discussions on MSRP - I guess that's valid if you want the car on day one, but why not wait 6+ months and get it for flat invoice minus the average 1500 in incentives? The 14 I've had specced for some time now oscillated between 35k and 32.5k after incentives (GT Prem, Perf Pack, Recaros). Even if the 15 is 10% more, if I waited long enough I could pluck it for 35-36. I guess if the sales go up the incentives will be less, but they sold an assssssssssssssssload of Explorers and they've still got 3k incentives.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I'm really not sure why everyone bases these discussions on MSRP - I guess that's valid if you want the car on day one, but why not wait 6+ months and get it for flat invoice minus the average 1500 in incentives? The 14 I've had specced for some time now oscillated between 35k and 32.5k after incentives (GT Prem, Perf Pack, Recaros). Even if the 15 is 10% more, if I waited long enough I could pluck it for 35-36. I guess if the sales go up the incentives will be less, but they sold an assssssssssssssssload of Explorers and they've still got 3k incentives.
Yep! You are definitely going to pay a premium to have the coolest toy on the block. Im going to buy in the dead of winter in the hopes sales have slowed but not yet in the Spring sports car rush. I may be dreaming and I may have to wait until fall to see Invoice plus incentives..

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I bought my '11 5.0 in October and never regretted it. Will likely be close to the same time of year if/when I get a 2015.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
And for Europe, What will be the price? :confused:
As usual we will get dragged over the coals on price. A £20,000 car being sold for around £40,000 is my guess. With dealers going on about shipping costs etc bumping the price up. I am Australian & have lived in Scotland for the past 7 years and still don't see how car prices here are so ridiculously high.
Sponsored