Prem option you wish Base Gt had

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Actually quite often. I go out with the wife to new location for dinner so it helps. Especially since it takes traffic into account when assigning a route.
On board navigation I don't think it takes traffic into consideration except the sirius traffic which had 5 years included... it's not often that I use nav and when I do, the cell phone is more than sufficient
Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
This may be an odd question but why do you guys need Navi??? How often do you leave the house without knowing where you're going?
So easy to use Google Maps on my iPhone or any phone for that matter...don't most people get it? lol

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
If you keep demanding more and more standard features such as navigation and some other features, all you are going to do is Jack up the base price on the vehicle.... sure you can have it as an option but at the same time requires the more premium trims and options such as the larger screen... I'd hate to be any more blunt than this but you really get what you are willing to pay for it..... cloth seats I can understand for those who don't like leather but it is my experience that leather will hold up much longer than cloth as well as keeping it clean

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
My wife saw her first '15 Mustang Premium, ONLY thing she didn't like was the 'Cheap looking toggle switches' She was happy mine doesn't have them. This was her first impression, sitting in the car for 20 seconds, "they did such a good job, the switches just look out of place" "If you're going for the aircraft theme put real toggle switches in, like the ones they use in aircraft with the flip up covers" Yes this is my Wife :D

I originally thought I was giving up on some things but I have found zero in the premium that I would want as I have since recently sat in a Premium. To me I don't see a huge difference in materials over the '14, this is just me, if I was looking for that I would have just bought a Lincoln.

Sponsored

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Sirius. I actually saw a base GT interior and set in it...and i loved it ! I dont need any of the premium options...the seats felt just fine , the center console was well made and solid...so no complaints there. But I love Sirius radio...

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

jasonc0604

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus SE "Slocus"
One option that wouldn't jack up the price? Rear diffuser

PJE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base Ecoboost Mustang - Ingot Silver
One option that wouldn't jack up the price? Rear diffuser
+1

Especially on the lighter colors the contrast removes a little visual bulk from the rear. I'm going to look at a small vinyl wrap over part of the diffuser to get the contrast back.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just wish Ford would let us build it how we want it. I would take leather seats and soft panels but I dont want a TV screen for a radio. I just need buttons and knobs.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
So easy to use Google Maps on my iPhone or any phone for that matter...don't most people get it? lol
Well as someone who does use their phone quite often I can say the phone is fine until your out of cell range. Then it just stops updating your route and you're on your own.
You see I travel for work, and while the car won't be used for that often, I fully realize why a cell phone is not ideal if you're in a rural area. Mine is on Verizon so if you know of a service provider with better coverage please do share. I've used the phone in Rio and Sao Paulo without much problem,(rent cars there) but it's pretty useless in West Virginia much of the time.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I would never waste money on navigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base Ecoboost Mustang - Ingot Silver
Well as someone who does use their phone quite often I can say the phone is fine until your out of cell range. Then it just stops updating your route and you're on your own.
If you use an Android phone, try out of the HERE navigation app from Nokia. It's just like Google Maps, but allows offline map caching of whole states and countries, and does not need a data connection if the map is in the internal memory. If you do have data it has realtime traffic.

EDIT: Search for Here Beta using Google. It's not in the store yet.

jimijammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT base
I would order the Shaker Pro 12 if available alone. À la carte would be nice but I see why they bundle some stuff to streamline the price and process. I really just liked the more uniform colors in the base GT with just some chrome accents and diamond mesh dash. The Premium brushed aluminum dash, chrome toggles, silver door handles all kinda clash for me.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I can't tell you how many times I've almost gotten into an accident holding my phone in one hand and trying to drive with the other while trying to figure out what lane to be in to make the next turn while trying to decipher the navigation on my phone screen. Never again.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Download WAZE. No navigation system needed.
Sponsored