Sponsored

PP Tire Recommendations?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Hi All,

I noticed today my rear tires are shot. I've got new wheels on order and will be going 275/40r19 square. I've been looking at the following tires:

Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position
Nitto 555 G2
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 (based on the few forum responses i've seen)
Michelin PSS or AS-3+

I'm tempted by the lower price of all the other tires, specifically that I could get 2 sets of the 500's for the price of 1 michelin set. My complaints with the stock Pirellis are that for the 220 treadwear I don't find them particularly grippy, and they're not very communicative. I DON'T want soft sidewalls, so no Conti DW's , and nervous about the 555 G2's as I've heard they're kinda mushy.

I'm in GA and can work from home so snow (the slight dusting we get once every few years if you count that as snow) and the 3-4 weeks of temps below 40 in the morning don't really bother me. I ran the summer Pzeros without issue last year since I only drive maybe 5 miles to work.

anyone with G2's or the Indy 500's come from the Pzero Summer tires and have any feedback? I'm really looking between those and the S-04's I've had and enjoyed the S-04's a lot previously.
Sponsored