Sponsored

PP Pirelli Front Tires Last longer then Rear...

OP
OP
FreshhJuiceBox

FreshhJuiceBox

ohhelloitsfrankie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT/PP
On your Performance Package equipped GT? So you have 275's up front, and 255's in the rear now, right?
other way around. 275 in back 255 up front. debating on just getting similiar model Pirelli for rear until the fronts finally wear out.
Sponsored

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'd really like to see the feasibility of putting on MPSS rears once these go out. I know you're not supposed to mix manufacturers but I can't in good honesty defend replacing good front tyres, and I'd hate to spend money on new tyres for the rear and not get better ones... Conundrums, conundrums.

slogan8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the feasibility of running a square setup using the GTPP Fronts (255)? (eg. for a A/S or winter setup)

I would then run the rears (275) in a square setup with Summer tires, and I believe that requires spacers for the front.

Originally planning to run a staggered setup for both as I will have two sets of wheels but it would be nice to be able to rotate.

Opinions?

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
Same thing happened to me. I replaced the rears under warranty from Ford, so back with the normal PP Pirellis. That was to bridge the gap so I could get full use out of my fronts as I heard it wasn't a great idea to have mismatched tires (I don't want to stay with Pirellis). Now that the fronts are worn and the new backs are about dead too, I'll be getting new wheels and tires. Probably going with Nittos or Mickey Thompsons.
What is the warranty on these Performance Pack Pirelli tires? Mine have very unever tread wear. I'm at 10K miles though with very light driving. Never used line lock.

bombs551

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What is the warranty on these Performance Pack Pirelli tires? Mine have very unever tread wear. I'm at 10K miles though with very light driving. Never used line lock.
Well it was a warranty through Ford. Up to 12,000 miles, you get 100% off the cost of tires and I believe labor (the dealership I went to told me not labor and I argued with them to no avail). After 12,000 to some other number you get 60%.

I don't believe that covers uneven tread wear though. I'm pretty sure it explicitly says it doesn't.

Sponsored

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
Well it was a warranty through Ford. Up to 12,000 miles, you get 100% off the cost of tires and I believe labor (the dealership I went to told me not labor and I argued with them to no avail). After 12,000 to some other number you get 60%.

I don't believe that covers uneven tread wear though. I'm pretty sure it explicitly says it doesn't.
Did you purchase this warranty separately? I called my dealer and he said that the Pirelli P Zero tires have no tread life warranty and that 10K is about all that one should expect to get out of the tires. When I said uneven tread wear...I meant BALD. They are destroyed and I was very nice to the tires.

I just bought some Continentals on TireRack that were on sale so I hope they are good.

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I had to replace my rears a few months before I wanted to due to a nail in the sidewall but I only got ~11K out of them. Never line locked, no burn outs, driven hard = yes, but never raced or tracked for that matter. I had a little life left in them but was forced to do the rears today, swapped over to the BFG Comp2 A/S. Will do the fronts in a few weeks (spread out the cost a little bit), cost me almost $500 total to do just the rears.

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
I was very nice to the tires.
This, my friend, is a clear violation of the contract. Section 17 clearly states that tires on this vehicle are not to be coddled, pampered or loved. Unless "loved to death" by wringing the ever living crap out of them. Then that's allowed. You sir- are in violation.

And when you "loved them death" the warranty rewards you with an opportunity to buy new ones. :lol:

Just having a bit of fun...

Last edited:

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yep rule of thumb rears get changed twice before the fronts do however most guys have changed the whole setup out when the rears became toast
Glad i am working 4 miles from home. When i had my 2010 5.3 Colorado and 2013 RAM R/T i was driving 20 miles one way to work and burning up rear tires in less than a year. Hate to to see how long they would last on my GT the way i drive it. Now i am only putting 50 miles a week on my GT.

Sponsored

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Excessive rear tire wear has been an issue with Mustangs for years. It seems the engineering team is to fixated on adding Apple Car Play rather than fixing an obviously major design flaw with the Mustang....;):lol::ford:

bombs551

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did you purchase this warranty separately? I called my dealer and he said that the Pirelli P Zero tires have no tread life warranty and that 10K is about all that one should expect to get out of the tires. When I said uneven tread wear...I meant BALD. They are destroyed and I was very nice to the tires.

I just bought some Continentals on TireRack that were on sale so I hope they are good.
Nope, did not buy a separate warranty. It should be covered by your factory warranty. I would call Ford Customer Service, they're the ones that told me about the warranty. They can put pressure on the dealership. But again, I'm not certain if the factory warranty covers uneven tread wear. Mine was completely even, just went bald after ~ 13,000 miles.

SpiralOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
How many of you have replaced your rear Pirelli's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports while leaving the pzero's on the front?
Surely a few people have done it. Tempting, but I'm leery of doing it myself.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I'd really like to see the feasibility of putting on MPSS rears once these go out. I know you're not supposed to mix manufacturers but I can't in good honesty defend replacing good front tyres, and I'd hate to spend money on new tyres for the rear and not get better ones... Conundrums, conundrums.
Yes, on the same axle...Front and Rear it doesn't matter.

Reactions: JB1

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
This ^^^
Sponsored