Sponsored

Potential Knocking with Bama Tune

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If he can hear it knocking (supposedly) while driving on the street, then at least drive it the same while logging to capture data to see if it really is knock or something else.
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I've fixed several local guys with their tunes that were running Bama tunes. Two had the knock sensors turned off. Either go back to the stock tune and see if anything changes or try a tune from a different vendor. Now is not the time to start penny pinching.

OP
OP

Johnjdpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem 50th App, Roush - AB, CAI, Tuned
Thanks all for the advice, I think that I am going to reach out to the DFW local forum and see if there are any recommendations for local Dyno tune shops and spend the $$$ to get it fixed before I have major damage that will cost many times over what the tune will cost.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Isn't it amazing how many big name tuners turn of knock sensors? Happens in the GM world a lot too
Yep, I even posted logs on other forums to help show guys what exactly was happening. But someone from AM would complain and my posts would mysteriously disappear. So I just don't bother anymore.
Sponsored