Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition 5.0L V-8
Good point.

Where did you find that pic of me?
Oh Joey, we need to sort things out...
I didn't realize you were such a stud, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Sponsored

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition 5.0L V-8
FWIW, my personalized plates, on all my vehicles, have special fasteners, and the Mustang has special caps too...

Sometimes it's too little, too late...but, maybe good for the future plates?!

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Since this happened I had quite the conversation with the people who work at the DMV. Short story if I would've reported that I mangled it up on a curb or whatever and threw it away they would've replaced it and not reported it in the database. Lesson learned so if it happens to you do not report it stolen.
Sorry that your plate was stolen, that really sucks. The downside to not reporting it stolen is if someone is using it to commit crimes and then someone says the license plate was your plate, police will be looking for you, so you will then have to prove your innocence. As far as what the police officer told you, the real problem you run into is if you are pulled over by an out of state department who may not be familiar with what real documents from your state look like. When I run vehicles in the system I can see who the owner is, so with your ID and the insurance and registration all being in your name, chances are I can deduce that you are actually the owner and your story is legitimate. With that being said if you do keep the plate and you do get pulled over, turn your vehicle off, lower all of your windows and put your hands on the steering wheel. Be very polite and explain why your plate is coming up stolen. When I pull a vehicle over I usually run their plate before I step out and if it comes up stolen, I am going to conduct that stop different than a non-felony traffic stop. It is a high risk stop because it is possibly someone who is going to run, so that may be the officer's mindset, which is why I tell you do all those things. In the long run, it may be easier to just hang that one on your wall and get a new plate. Your call. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Sorry that your plate was stolen, that really sucks. The downside to not reporting it stolen is if someone is using it to commit crimes and then someone says the license plate was your plate, police will be looking for you, so you will then have to prove your innocence. As far as what the police officer told you, the real problem you run into is if you are pulled over by an out of state department who may not be familiar with what real documents from your state look like. When I run vehicles in the system I can see who the owner is, so with your ID and the insurance and registration all being in your name, chances are I can deduce that you are actually the owner and your story is legitimate. With that being said if you do keep the plate and you do get pulled over, turn your vehicle off, lower all of your windows and put your hands on the steering wheel. Be very polite and explain why your plate is coming up stolen. When I pull a vehicle over I usually run their plate before I step out and if it comes up stolen, I am going to conduct that stop different than a non-felony traffic stop. It is a high risk stop because it is possibly someone who is going to run, so that may be the officer's mindset, which is why I tell you do all those things. In the long run, it may be easier to just hang that one on your wall and get a new plate. Your call. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Thanks so much for the information concerning traffic stops-->:cheers:

I'm always courteous and turn off the car during the rare occasion I get busted for Speeding-->:doh:

I decided not to deal with the hassle & or possible future problems with the 1964 DNA plate-->:frusty:

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Finally got mine! :headbang:
IMG_20150820_175423.jpg

Sponsored

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My wife's retirement gift to me.

Studio_20150821_085042.jpg

Gene64cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2003 mach1 2015 le #277
waiting for mine ordered 1OF1964 we will wait and see. if not 50TH-277

mlawdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Vert, 5spd 2015 mustang gt anniver
I just ordered "WLDHOSS." No reference to 50 years, but I like it.

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, they're not personalized but are the new 60's special interest edition here in Cali ...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
My car still has roughly a month till it arrives or so... since I previously had "PWNIE" on my last Mustang, I'll likely be repeating that. However if we do work it out that we get the Ford Racing/Roush supercharger installed, then I'll have no choice but to go with "LOL SS"
Screenshot 2015-12-17 17.44.39.png
Screenshot 2015-12-17 18.26.18.png

Gene64cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2003 mach1 2015 le #277
i just recently received my new plate. 1of1964

LE#673

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mustang GT 2015 Mustang LE #673
not really a vanity plate, but...

When I picked up my tag a few weeks ago, the lady knew what car I had purchased and was very excited to see it. When my paperwork was done, she asked if any numbers were significant to me and I said #673. So she dug through all the plates and found this one! #673 living for speed!

[/IMG]
Sponsored