possible to purchase

Dimitri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitri
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Hello fellas im new to the forum and i am looking to test drive a gt350 or a R -version.
How difficult is it to place a order or even test drive.

Are the dealers still trying to get over msrp?
Im in the philly Suburbs.
All comments well taken.
Thanks
Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Welcome, I can't recall anyone here being able to secure a test drive. Usually if they are sitting on lots they come with a hefty market adjustment and I don't figure that kind of dealer will offer a test drive unless you literally walk in with a case full of cash. Most members placed orders last summer. The hardest part will be finding one at a price you can personally stomach. Good luck to you.

OP
OP

Dimitri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitri
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
I would pay MSRP nothing more.
I dont have to have the car...but if i can buy i will.
I never owned a mustang.
And i was looking at Z06's last week.
But i dont want a car with a supercharger.
I had a 2012 Zl1 And sold it...its a heavy turd.
I will call around tomorrow...to local dealers.
See if i get any traction.....u never know.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I can see this thread going down hill fast!!! Lol
OP, you will probly not be test driving a 350, especially an R. I've never heard of a dealer doing that sorry. As for the ADM, how much time you got to call / travel or you just might get lucky. In most opinions here if you can find or negotiat a $7k or less ADM jump on it! Some have found an MSRP, look through the tread sand ask for that dealer info, but I think some will tell you their getting 40 mpg out of their car too,,,,,,,,

OP
OP

Dimitri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitri
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
U know what is funny is that ford dealers and corvette dealers wont give,a test drive.
But when i went by to look at of course used ferrari 458 no problem to test drive.
But hey what can you do.
I even was able to test drive a new Nissan Gtr no problem.
I guess i will look around ...as i said no rush.
I have other toys in the garage.
Sooner or little these cars will be sitting around...in a few months.

Sponsored

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
While I can certainly understand wanting to test drive one prior to purchase, on the other hand, if I am paying as much as these cars cost, especially the R models, I would not want anyone driving my vehicle before me. I am really surprised you got to test drive a new car as expensive as the gtr.

Perhaps the gt350s are difficult to obtain for test driving due to he limited availability of non-claimed models sitting at dealerships...

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
I was only able to test drive a regular '15 GT. Test drive a GT350 ? The sales guy looked me in the eye and said, " Never going to happen". A friend was at Laguna Seca for the Ford sponsored event. He said the GT350 was only 1,000,000,000 times better.
That was enough me. I now own a '16 GT350 Oxford White-Track package. Love every second I get a chance to drive it. Nothing comes close to it. In my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here is what I did. I called around. My local dealer had one that someone just backed out of. I went in to look at it. They gave me the 10K ADM crap and I said "let's go look at GT's then because I'm not interested at that price". We did that and I was about to walk. The salesman said "well, it wouldn't hurt to ask my manager one more time". He came back with MSRP, right here right now". I look back on it and laugh because I said "can I have 24 hours to think about it". He looked at me like I had an arm growing out of my head. I made a phone call and was told by my friend at Ford to jump on it.

They didn't offer to let me test drive the car until the purchase process began and a deposit was placed. I told them it was not necessary because I knew exactly what I was getting.

Maybe the MSRP is not common, but it happens. I chalk mine up to end of year sales numbers for quotas or alotments, who knows, but it is possible.

Call around, all over the country, and be prepared to settle on alternate colors and configurations. Forget about an R unless you are willing to pay out the ass.

Oh, and as someone else pointed out, I don't get 40mpg, however It goes really really fast between gas stations.

Best of luck, if you are persistent, I think you will find one.

OP
OP

Dimitri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitri
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Here is what I did. I called around. My local dealer had one that someone just backed out of. I went in to look at it. They gave me the 10K ADM crap and I said "let's go look at GT's then because I'm not interested at that price". We did that and I was about to walk. The salesman said "well, it wouldn't hurt to ask my manager one more time". He came back with MSRP, right here right now". I look back on it and laugh because I said "can I have 24 hours to think about it". He looked at me like I had an arm growing out of my head. I made a phone call and was told by my friend at Ford to jump on it.

Maybe the MSRP is not common, but it happens. I chalk mine up to end of year sales numbers for quotas or alotments, who knows, but it is possible.

Call around, all over the country, and be prepared to settle on alternate colors and configurations. Forget about an R unless you are willing to pay out the ass.

Oh, and as someone else pointed out, I don't get 40mpg. It goes really fast between the gas stations.

Well I emailed a bunch of local dealers tonite....and I will see what responses
I get on Monday.
Which I am ok on ordering.
I dont have to have this second.
I'm patient ..on stuff like this.
And when I find the right deal I will strike.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well I emailed a bunch of local dealers tonite....and I will see what responses
I get on Monday.
If you have to have it 100% your way, order a 2017 from your best negotiated deal. Otherwise, you will have to settle. I didn't want an Oxford white with blue stripes, but I settled. I'm a settler.

[ame]

OP
OP

Dimitri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitri
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
If you have to have it 100% your way, order a 2017 from your best negotiated deal. Otherwise, you will have to settle. I didn't want an Oxford white with blue stripes, but I settled. I'm a settler.

I actually want a white with blue stripes.
.....settler...lol

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

They didn't offer to let me test drive the car until the purchase process began and a deposit was placed. I told them it was not necessary because I knew exactly what I was getting.

Oh, and as someone else pointed out, I don't get 40mpg, however It goes really really fast between gas stations.

Great story :cheers:

OP
OP

Dimitri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitri
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Well fellas I spoke with about 6 dealers.....and they all want Msrp....plus at least 5. K
Not surprising.....but I thought by now it would be at least at msrp.
I guess I will continue my search in the fall again.
It's all good ....thanks for everybody's thoughts.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
If you do order, make sure the dealer has allocations for it, otherwise you might get stuck waiting on something that never gets built. There are other threads in here about the allocation process and who to talk to about it at the dealership level. Good luck!
Sponsored