Sponsored

Possible Bad clutch

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
I have a 2015 GT with 23k miles on it. I was downshifting coming off the highway last night and the clutch peddle stayed pressed against the floor when released. I have not had any other prior signs of the clutch going bad. Is it normal for it to fail like this just out of the blue? I am guessing that inst covered under warranty right? Kind of lost what to do right now the dealer isn't open till tomorrow and my car is stuck on the side of the road :(
Sponsored

Ylwjkt23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sounds like the clutch master cylinder failed.
Minimum get it towed to your house.
Many dealers also have an afterhours drop off available.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Nope...definitely sounds like the clutch is shot. What you described is the exact same thing that happened to me at 900 miles and many others. I think there is a post on it just a few down from this one. With 23k on it I am 99% it will not be covered by warranty. If you go back stock probably going to run around $1200 parts and labor.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Man that sux, but look at the bright side you get a new upgraded clutch line and a nice aftermarket clutch and you should be good for a long time!

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If this happens to my car, I would get it towed to dealer for warranty repair. If its clutch and they deny a warranty repair, I will be tempted to get it towed to independent shop for aftermarket clutch. For the savings, you can get MGW shifter installed at the same time. Assuming you can be without your car, waiting for parts to ship. If you need your car, then just get dealership to make the repair.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its a known fact the stock clutch sux so it will happen again so save yourself the hassel of dealing wth the dealership and get the right parts so it never happens again. I only tell you this because I've already been there and done this! Except in my case i replaced the entire tranny with a tremec magnum. This was on my previous car!

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
If this happens to my car, I would get it towed to dealer for warranty repair. If its clutch and they deny a warranty repair, I will be tempted to get it towed to independent shop for aftermarket clutch. For the savings, you can get MGW shifter installed at the same time. Assuming you can be without your car, waiting for parts to ship. If you need your car, then just get dealership to make the repair.
If the car is over 12k miles the clutch won't be replaced for free at all. The dealer will however charge you a diag fee and labor if there was any time put into it. Waste of money.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If the car is over 12k miles the clutch won't be replaced for free at all. The dealer will however charge you a diag fee and labor if there was any time put into it. Waste of money.
I forgot about the diag fees. I guess there won't be any savings for the MGW shifter. Although that would be a good time to install the shifter.
Sponsored